[Guide] Armor sets

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

How many pieces are in each set?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Windspun set is mostly prizes for Victory+ battles near end of game, and yes, there is a prosperity hat.
Revelations

Post by Revelations »

Some Notes:

The Prosperity Set pieces are all found in dungeons all the way up to near the end (I think Eresh's quest has the final piece, the hat).

The Windspun pieces are either late chests or found in war battles by sinking enemy ships.

The Fish Set is all from Subala's fishing game, I believe.

The Samurai set is a mix of buying it (Minamoto Helmets), a couple chests (Taira Armor) and late game kills (the Sol Falena army battle, kill the land units).

The Classic Set is all buyable, from what I see, though it's not worth
much later on.

I believe I've opened every single chest in the game and haven't found that Pale Moon Leather, and GameFAQs has no response on it. I've done multiple army battles and cleared boards of enemies and gotten some nice treasures, I'm honestly curious if it's from an earlier battle that I missed or if it's a specific enemy unit you have to kill to get it. If it follows the flow of other equips it should be in the middle-late stretch of the game, just don't know where.

If it's a glitch and it doesn't exist or if it's a rare find in a shop (which I doubt highly) that's a bit aggravating. :)
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

I'm not sure about every piece of the windspun armor, but my Shop in the castle (Mohensen...sp?) sells all of the pieces except for cape and ring if there is a cape and ring.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

can ppl actually list what the armor names are for the sets?
Samurai Set, particularly

also Windspun Set, ie if it's not all "Windspun..." equipment.. i have Wind Hats--are these part of the set? etc
The n00b Avenger

Post by The n00b Avenger »

Geddoe wrote:I'm not sure about every piece of the windspun armor, but my Shop in the castle (Mohensen...sp?) sells all of the pieces except for cape and ring if there is a cape and ring.
Really? Does anyone know where to find the other pieces of the Windspun set for sale? My shop only sells the armor
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

ok, I jsut checked and the only piece for sale is the Windspun Armor. I could have sworn I bought a whole set for Galleon but I guess not. Sorry for the mistake.
Kyo

Post by Kyo »

I would also like some specific names for the armor set pieces, especially Windspun and Samurai.

Here is what I have so far and I am currently on my first play through, right before the Siege of Stormfist. If you know where the missing pieces are, please feel free to chime in. Hopefully the names of these pieces will also help other players.

Guardian
Guardian Casque
Guardian Chain X 2
Guardian Gloves X 2
Guardian Boots
Guardian Scarf X 2

Destiny
Crown of Destiny X 2
Robe of Destiny X 2
Anklets of Destiny X 2
Cape of Destiny X 2

MISSING: Destiny arm piece

Pale Moon
Pale Moon Casque
Pale Moon Gloves X 2
Pale Moon Boots X 2
Pale Moon Necklace

MISSING: Pale Moon body piece

Windspun
Wind Hat (???) X 5+
Spun Silver Armor X 2
Cyclone Boots (???) X 2+
Windspun Cape
Windspun Ring

I'm a little confused on this set. It seems that Wind Hat and Cyclone Boots belong to the set but can anyone confirm? Also, I have two accessory pieces.. hmmmm...

MISSING: Windspun arm piece (Closest thing I could find is Silk gloves?) and possibly Hat and Boots if speculation is wrong.

Samurai
Minamoto Helmet X 2+
Taira Armor X 3
Fujiwara Gauntlets

MISSING: Samurai leg piece. I read that this set does not contain an accessory... is this true?

Sun

FINAL DUNGEON...

Prosperity
Prosperity Hat
Prosperity Robe (?)
Prosperity Armband (?)
Prosperity Anklet (?)
Prosperity Ring

I have the full set but unsure on the names because of a certain character not with me at the moment. ahem...

Fishing Set
Fish Head
Fish Tail Fin

Didn't bother collecting and sold most of them. It's pretty much known that you get them all in the fishing game.

Magic (???)
Wizard Hat (???)
Magic Robe X 2+
Magical Boots X 2+
Magic Ring

MISSING: Magic arm piece and head piece if speculation is incorrect.

Classic

What are the armor pieces called?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

windspun is
windspun helmet
windspun armor
windspun gauntlets
windspun boots
windspun cape
windspun ring

I think those are the names.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Kyo wrote:I would also like some specific names for the armor set pieces, especially Windspun and Samurai.

Samurai
Minamoto Helmet X 2+
Taira Armor X 3
Fujiwara Gauntlets

MISSING: Samurai leg piece. I read that this set does not contain an accessory... is this true?
Tachibana Greaves (leg)

I'm sooo dissapointed that my Prince cannot wear the samurai set... gauntlets and greaves are Heavy-armor or something.. or maybe it's level restriction.. I just started my new game+ and equipping these fun strong items that carried over but those 2 I can't equip... so maybe it is lvl restriction since Georg can't wear it either.. or maybe it's heavy-type armor..

I don't know yet :cry:
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Most people that you would want the samurai set on can't use it. It gives a bonus thats good for a fighter but tanks are about the only people that can use it. The best person I have seen to put it on is Isabel.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

MrTomJoad wrote:Most people that you would want the samurai set on can't use it. It gives a bonus thats good for a fighter but tanks are about the only people that can use it. The best person I have seen to put it on is Isabel.
I really only want it on people from this list: Belcoot Dinn Hazuki :( sadly I know the Prince is already out.. so gotta see if 1 of those 3 are samurai capable... one would think hazuki would be
Kyo

Post by Kyo »

Hazuki can use every piece of the samurai set... I haven't got the leg piece yet but I wouldn't see why not.

Is there a "SilverWhite" set?

I've found SilverWhite Robe, Bangle, Mules, and Emblem. No head piece though...
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

Kyo wrote: Prosperity
Prosperity Hat
Prosperity Robe (?)
Prosperity Armband (?)
Prosperity Anklet (?)
Prosperity Ring

Fishing Set
Fish Head
Fish Tail Fin

Magic (???)
Wizard Hat (???)
Magic Robe X 2+
Magical Boots X 2+
Magic Ring
Some of the missing/misnamed pieces are Prosperity Tunic, Prosperity Sandals, Fish Body, Fish Badge (?), and Magic Bracelet. I haven't tested out that many sets yet, though.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Where is the Prosperity Armband? I've got everything else except that.