no healing at lvl up?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

no healing at lvl up?

Post by kenshindono »

is my game bugged or did they just change how lvling up works. Whenever i lvl up i dont get healed at all or get my new magic points. i took lun from lvl 5 to 18 and she still had her original 40 hp and like 2 magic points, not being healed at all

im almost positive in the past games you healed and got mp's when you lvld up, it only made sense. Its pretty anoying being crippled bringing a low character to a reasonable lvl without an inn nearby.

is this just the way it is in 5 or is my game screwed?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

there's no healing at level up...dont worry about it, just use the right formations and keep lots of medicine in your inventory, also make sure you equip a water rune for now and then later on equip a shield rune
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

Other than Tactics, NONE of the Suikoden games have you heal when you level up. That's the way it's always been...
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

You healed at level up in part IV.
Harmonian Zealot

Post by Harmonian Zealot »

Keep Marina in the entourage, since she heals HP every combat turn.
~~YOU WIN BY PINCER ATTACK!~~
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

Geddoe wrote:You healed at level up in part IV.
You did? I don't remember that... probably because I haven't played it in a while. I've played all the others recently, so I was going by them... I thought 4 was the same way.

Another suggestion to add to Marina is Murad. He heals the group after every fight, so if someone levels up, he'll heal them up to full (maybe - depends on how many hit points they have).
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

ya 4 did, i thought 3 did as well but i could be wrong on that.

it was the onlything 4 did right =P
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Speaking of healing, another thing that's been changed is you can't heal after everyone dies. In previous games, suppose there's one enemy left who will die in one hit and you command 5 characters to attack the enemy and the one with the most horrific speed stat to heal. After the enemy dies, the heal will still occur. But not so in Suikoden V, it seems.
killey

Post by killey »

Yeah sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's not.