how is the official strategy guide

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gren

Post by gren »

who made this guide? and where can i find one, i didnt think one was made, since the ebgames website didnt have it listed.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Brandy Games made it, and I got mine at GameStop. I'm not sure who had put it together, the person, it doesn't say.
Orochi_Rockman

Post by Orochi_Rockman »

The guide is a piece.

No maps, No listing of quotes for the 1 one 1 duels, recruitment meshed with the walkthrough.

The Suikoden II guide was the best so far. At the beginning of every chapter of the game it listed every character that *could* be recruited at that point in time, or if you had to do something then to recruit one later.

Why we can't have an appendix that lists the SoD's in order of AVAILABILITY I have no idea.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Apparently, in the guide it says that you can't win the battle against Childerich and what's his face near the beginning of the game... that right there proves how utterly craptastic this guide must be.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Mikalakatov wrote:Brandy Games made it, and I got mine at GameStop. I'm not sure who had put it together, the person, it doesn't say.
lol Brandy Games! it's Brady
Orochi_Rockman

Post by Orochi_Rockman »

Chaos_Zero wrote:Apparently, in the guide it says that you can't win the battle against Childerich and what's his face near the beginning of the game... that right there proves how utterly craptastic this guide must be.
I know. I beat that fight without any real trouble. I just considered it the games first REAL boss battle.

...boy was I wrong.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

I bought the guide just to have, I must say, i think it's crappy. No maps just pissed me off to an insane degree. Some of the descriptions and walkthroughs can be vague too, and the concept art is nothing to go nuts over. Still, I'm a suikoden obsessed nerd, so I got it anyway.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Does anyone have any pics of what the inside of the guide book looks like? I am thinking of getting it.

What I want is throughout the walkthrough, it tells you exactly when, and how you can recruit all the characters. And also where to find all the important items. Does the guide book have this?

The way I like to play Suikoden is to beat the game once without a guide. And get whatever characters I can find myself. And then play a second time, using a guide, recruiting all the characters.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so no serious stat charts or information beyond what you can find in the game?
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

The timeframe for recruiting some of the characters is way off. Like getting Richard... you can get him quite a bit earlier than the guide shows. Not just him either.

That and they state that to recruit Oboro, you're just supposed to ask him a few times. They said nothing about choosing the right choices and going with him to investigate Norden and Lordlale, etc.

It's very vague and if you went with the guide, you'd be missing quite a few things.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Chaos_Zero wrote:That and they state that to recruit Oboro, you're just supposed to ask him a few times. They said nothing about choosing the right choices and going with him to investigate Norden and Lordlale, etc.
It can be done both ways actually. Choosing the wrong options during the investigation quest will require you to get him using the published method.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

UErrm, I know that. I meant that the Guide didn't even once say anything about the other method as if it didn't exist. What kind of guide skips out on such detail? They could've said there are two methods of recruting Oboro. I guess that's to be expected out of Brady.

Too bad, their Limited Edition KH II guide is amazing.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Chaos_Zero wrote:UErrm, I know that. I meant that the Guide didn't even once say anything about the other method as if it didn't exist. What kind of guide skips out on such detail? They could've said there are two methods of recruting Oboro. I guess that's to be expected out of Brady.
the guide left out lots of facts on how to get a lot of people. like with getting the final 2 beavers, they totally messed that up.
gren

Post by gren »

you wanna know the sad thing bout those guides are?
brady games pays the developers, and play testers to make those things. and they pay for the right to publish them......scary to think the very people who made the game, dont know jack about it....
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I'm going to be buying the guide.

Not that I need it, I already have all 108 stars at the end of the game.

But, I am obsessive compulsive, and think of the game and the guide as a set that must be together.

I'll probably get it tuesday, if anyone wants I'll post some snapshots of the guide then..

EDIT

ha ha ha, no I won't, just realized I have to send my Camera back to Canon because the CCD was recalled.

Joy.