SUIKDEN V codes

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Why are there battle codes for non fighters like Raja and Wasil? Some aren't even SoDs!
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Buff

Post by Buff »

who knows. i don't have a clue why. :?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Konami generally uses the same data structure for all important story characters (whether playable, support, completely unplayable, what have you), and sometimes for a few characters that aren't important to the story. Whether it's necessary or not, characters like Arshtat, Ferid, and Lymsleia have all the same statistical data elements as the hero. It's even possible to put them in the battle party, but the game crashes when you do. Most likely because they lack battle models.

Early on in the game, unrecruited or unutilized characters will have data in their memory space that looks an awful lot like the support or unplayable characters who share the structure. The only way you can tell what sort of character the data is for, or whether or not it's useful for a support character to have a high magic stat, is to play through the game or read a lot of FAQs. People tend to clamor for codes from the minute the game's ship date is announced, so in the end it's easier to just put out all the possible codes, and let people ignore the codes that are useless.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I was wondering does anyone know (or know where to find) a Master Code for a gameshark V2? I am thinking about playing the game a third time. And feel like maybe having infinite money would be nice. But all I have is V2.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

Buff

Post by Buff »

there is no gameshark codes, let alone any version 2 codes since they don't support that version any more.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Yeah, I figured as much. But I find that sometimes, you can get an AR V2 master code and it would work for the PS2 I was praying for that.

czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Thanks for the codes I hope it works on my CB7
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Does anyone have character enable codes? There are so many great characters that I just don't want to wait to recruit them in new game +. (I'm aware that this might screw up the game's progress.)
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Futch

Post by Futch »

Here's an idea: Why nnot avoid codes altogether and actually PLAY the game? Just a suggestion.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Thanks for the recommendation.

Here's the deal:

I spent about forty dollars on Suikoden V. (I can furnish a receipt, if you don't believe me.) I have absolutely every right in the world to play it whatever way I please - with a Codebreaker, with a dessert fork, naked, whatever. It belongs to me. I am a man - a man! - and it is simply a plastic disc with pits and lands. There is no legal precedent for a PS2 disc owning a human, not even in the South.

Your right to voice your opinion is constitutionally protected.* I do not dispute this. But I question the necessity of offering an unsolicited and sarcastic opinion about a desire you don't endorse on a message thread that clearly caters to people who share said desire. As my previous post implied, I have played the game; Konami's surplus of kick-ass characters has me salivating to get ahold of them earlier than I'd normally be able to.

I understand that you might consider me a tool for using a cheat device. All I'm saying is that the internet will be a slightly nicer place if we just keep our contempt to ourselves. That's all I'm saying.

*American Bill of Rights void outside of the USA.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

YouKnowYouGeddoe wrote:Thanks for the recommendation.

Here's the deal:

I spent about forty dollars on Suikoden V. (I can furnish a receipt, if you don't believe me.) I have absolutely every right in the world to play it whatever way I please - with a Codebreaker, with a dessert fork, naked, whatever. It belongs to me. I am a man - a man! - and it is simply a plastic disc with pits and lands. There is no legal precedent for a PS2 disc owning a human, not even in the South.

Your right to voice your opinion is constitutionally protected.* I do not dispute this. But I question the necessity of offering an unsolicited and sarcastic opinion about a desire you don't endorse on a message thread that clearly caters to people who share said desire. As my previous post implied, I have played the game; Konami's surplus of kick-ass characters has me salivating to get ahold of them earlier than I'd normally be able to.

I understand that you might consider me a tool for using a cheat device. All I'm saying is that the internet will be a slightly nicer place if we just keep our contempt to ourselves. That's all I'm saying.

*American Bill of Rights void outside of the USA.
YouKnowYouGeddoe critical hits Futch with Really Good Point(rank 2) for 20350 Health!
Futch dies.

But Futch has a point, codes suck. I hate playing a game with any type of codes. It takes so much of the depht away.

But YouNknowYouGeddoe has a better point.

I'm wondering. Might there be a code in the game for the Sun Rune to be used in combat? I mean, secret runes have been found before(Kindness Rune, evil Sealing Rune.)

EDIT: I actually just changed the name of the attack 4 times now....
Last edited by Wraith on Wed May 31, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I don't really care for cheat devices, but I don't go out of my way to let people know that I don't care for them. So, Futch, in a thread like this, it's best to keep your opinion to yourself - especially since I agree whole-heartedly with what YouKnowYouGeddoe just said. If you post again in this particular thread, it better be a friendly one.

Also, at the risk of seeing an unnecessary thread, please do not create aa thread detailing how much you dislike code devices and how you'd like to rally everyone who feels the same together. *yawns* I'm rather sleepy.
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: SUIKDEN V codes

Post by KFCrispy »

before i forget, just wanted to mention Pyriel's site: http://www.herrvillain.com/codebreaker/suikoden5/
oops

Post by oops »

I'd put using cheat codes on the same level as using a walkthru. Both in my view are fine if used at the correct time.

Generally I play the game once to see what it is like and get the story (and get lost many of times), then after that I use a walkthru and see what I missed and get all the extra endings. Once that has been done then hand me a gameshark codes and I'll see what else there is 8)

Personally that's my own choice and I know other people who have got the game and went fpr a walkthru. I asked them why and they just said that's how they play it. Which is fair enuff :)

On a side note, once I've completed the game with the walkthru I'll get some codes
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there's really nothing wrong with using a cheat device. this is not a game where you post your score to compete with others or directly fight others.. this is just a game to play for your own enjoyment.

i enjoy playing the game but prefer not to have to spend time gathering money so i often use infinite potch. i don't recruit characters early usually (i put in Stallion for Suikoden II since you are supposed to Run Away a bunch of times, another thing i never do).
another thing i often hate is item farming (although it's actually pretty addictive in Suikoden III).

however cheating sometimes skews people's ideas about the game, such as people posting setups for Pesmerga or Georg Prime with 3 runes equipped... if you have no idea what the real game is like, you can't really contribute useful information.