[FAQ] How many endings? (Spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
tomriddle

[FAQ] How many endings? (Spoilers)

Post by tomriddle »

anyone got a thread or have info on how many total endings this game has? I just encountered the first bad ending and was wondering how many more or if there's a list somewhere ^^

[spoiler]accepting to be king[/spoiler]

edit: main post edited since this got stickied o_O

Bad Endings: (cutscene versions with speech)
1. Tell Barows you want to be King
[spoiler]the army battle proceeds as usual but you get a cutscene of the Prince's sudden death which gets to Lym.. Lym gets angry/upset and proceeds to accept her role of queen and declare war.. to me this ending seems the path to the dark side almost.. when Lym hears the prince's death, she accepts her fate and will use the sun rune leading to who knows what![/spoiler]

2. Lose the duel to Roy
[spoiler]prince ends up in a coma with cutscenes with Lyon and Sia talking about perhaps it's better if he stayed in the coma, etc [/spoiler]

3. Defend Castle + Win Roy's duel with Childerich

4. Defend Castle + Lose Roy's duel with Childerich
[spoiler](you'll lose Roy permanently and therefore finish the game >108 SoD, and what happens to Roy is a must-see that it counts as an ending ;P)[/spoiler]

Game Over endings:
5. Lose Roy's battle during the Queen's campaign [just the interaction chatboxes, nothin special]
6. Lose Kyle's battle during the Queen's campaign [interaction chatboxes]
7. Lose duel to Gizel
8. Lose duel to Childerich as Lyon

Normal/Good endings (I hear they're all good so worth a look definitely)
9. >108 SoD ending
[spoiler]
-climactic/emotional death scene of Lyon :( yes, she dies.. Georg runs in to see her dead, the prince turns around with tears down his eyes and anger on his face and holds up both hands posessed with the runes.. almost as if he'd destroy the runes if he could
-Georg hugging him and the prince breaking down.
-Georg revealing the truth about the eyepatch ^^
-the Prince travelling the world with Georg... taking Lyon's sword with him as momento[/spoiler]

10. You have to get a certain amount of SoD, unfortunately I do not know the cutoff point for this "normal" ending:[spoiler]
First time through, I had 58 stars and I got an ending where Lyon died, Georg came in and all that, but he didn't say anything about his eyepatch...but after that scene, it showed Lym in the sealed room back at Sol Falena saying, "But the war is over...why does (Prince name) have to leave?!" and then it showed the prince wearing his Tir outfit walking in the snow. He turned around and nodded like someone was supposed to be there, but no one was. The credits rolled and I was left very disappointed.[/spoiler]

11. 108 SoD + saying "I will help Lym rebuild"
12. 108 SoD + saying "Nothing in particular..."

edit2: since i finished the game, new spoilers on the actual endings :P[/spoiler]
Last edited by tomriddle on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

11 endings

heh I actuall have a save right around the spot where lord barrows confronts you about the upcoming attack and your "future plans"

I look foward to seeing that ending later on

I hope they actually put some depth to it...is there like a nice big cutscene of the armies army crushing the Godwins and then the prince's coronation?

that would be sick...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

As far as I know:

- Premature endings -

1, Tell Barows you want to be King.
2, Lose the duel to Roy.
3, Lose Roy's battle during the Queen's Campaign.
4, Lose Kyle's battle during the Queen's Campaign.
5, Lose the Prince's battle during the Queen's Campaign.

- Normal Endings -

6, Beat the game with less than 108 Stars

- Good Endings -

7, Beat the game with 108 Stars saying "I will help Lym rebuild"
8, Beat the game with 108 Stars saying "Nothing in particular..."
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

Beat it with the 108? Or aquire them before a certain part in the game?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

After you reach the cut-off point you can't recruit anyone anymore so that should solve itself.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Stormfist wrote:Beat it with the 108? Or aquire them before a certain part in the game?
huh? raww klueze couldn't of made his post any clearer...just read it again
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

In which way does his discription even remotely explain what I was asking? I was wondering if it was going to be fixed like Suikoden II or I. When you get the 108 SoD's before a certain point to receive a certain ending.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Stormfist wrote:In which way does his discription even remotely explain what I was asking? I was wondering if it was going to be fixed like Suikoden II or I. When you get the 108 SoD's before a certain point to receive a certain ending.
oh well I thought you meant if you could beat the game both ways

sorry
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i seem to recall theres also one for losing the duel vs gilderick as roy or something. If you defend your castle. Not sure if thats a special ending or just a gameover screen though
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:As far as I know:

- Premature endings -

1, Tell Barows you want to be King.
2, Lose the duel to Roy.
3, Lose Roy's battle during the Queen's Campaign.
4, Lose Kyle's battle during the Queen's Campaign.
5, Lose the Prince's battle during the Queen's Campaign.

- Normal Endings -

6, Beat the game with less than 108 Stars

- Good Endings -

7, Beat the game with 108 Stars saying "I will help Lym rebuild"
8, Beat the game with 108 Stars saying "Nothing in particular..."
we're missing 3 more endings :( gah! there's gotta be a listing if people are saying 11 possible endings... yes, i want to see them all ^^
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you and me both...hopefully sars will figure it out and post the details
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

If you choose to defend the castle, then you'll get a Duel with Childerich afterwards. The Prince wanted to duel him on his own, but Roy thought one step ahead of him and put on the Prince's clothes to fool Childerich.

Then you'll battle him with Roy disguised as the Prince. And if you lose that - well a scene afterwards and then the End. I guess that's kind of an ending too, but nothing special.

Then some classified the duel against Gizel as an ending too ( if you lose it ), but because the only thing you get is an Game Over Screen and i don't think of it as an Bad Ending at all or i wouldn't count it as one.

For the next one i don't have any proof but as far as i did go through the masses of postings and all there are two Normal endings, which depend on the Number of Stars you have recruited.
If you have less than 108 but more than xx you get Ending A and if you have even less than xx you get B. I don't know if it's true though.

That would be the missing 3 i guess.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Seldio wrote:If you choose to defend the castle, then you'll get a Duel with Childerich afterwards. The Prince wanted to duel him on his own, but Roy thought one step ahead of him and put on the Prince's clothes to fool Childerich.

Then you'll battle him with Roy disguised as the Prince. And if you lose that - well a scene afterwards and then the End. I guess that's kind of an ending too, but nothing special.

Then some classified the duel against Gizel as an ending too ( if you lose it ), but because the only thing you get is an Game Over Screen and i don't think of it as an Bad Ending at all or i wouldn't count it as one.

For the next one i don't have any proof but as far as i did go through the masses of postings and all there are two Normal endings, which depend on the Number of Stars you have recruited.
If you have less than 108 but more than xx you get Ending A and if you have even less than xx you get B. I don't know if it's true though.

That would be the missing 3 i guess.
the one about childerich is DEFINITELY an ending... so hmm i'll add that to the list

so now there's 2 left :X and I'm kinda hoping it's not the more than 65 but less than 108 sod i've heard of as well..
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

son_michael wrote:11 endings

that would be sick...
that seems to be the case.. I've put them together in one post for easier reference ^^ Although I myself have not beaten the game yet, I've seen 1,2,3,4,5,6 endings.. yea I'm going slow (I'm savoring this dish, lol) -.- and I probably won't even see the "good" 108 SoD endings until my 2nd playthrough mainly because I chose the path which leads me to 107 SoD :cry: but it was worth it.. It's been definitely one of my "oh isht!" moments of the game seeing what happens when Roy wins against Childerich :P

Bad Endings: (cutscene versions with speech)
1. Tell Barows you want to be King
2. Lose the duel to Roy
3. Defend Castle + Win Roy's duel with Childerich (you'll lose Roy permanently and therefore finish the game >108 SoD, and what happens to Roy is a must-see that it counts as an ending ;P)

Game Over endings:
4. Lose Roy's battle during the Queen's campaign
5. Lose Kyle's battle during the Queen's campaign
6. Defend Castle + Lose Roy's duel with Childerich
7. Lose duel to Gizel
8. Lose duel to Childerich as Prince

Normal/Good endings (I hear they're all good so worth a look definitely)
9. >108 SoD ending
10. 108 SoD + saying "I will help Lym rebuild"
11. 108 SoD + saying "Nothing in particular..."
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I've heard losing to Childerich in Stormfist also merits a bad ending but I have yet to confirm this - also I've been informed (still have not confirmed) that if you lose as Belcoot, Zegai, or Richard you get extra scenes (and their deaths).
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?