[FAQ] How many endings? (Spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

funny how in bad ending 1, Lymsleia seems to be on friendly terms with gizel and marscal. and gizel sounds like he actually cares about the prince and mourns the prince's decision.
killey

Post by killey »

tomriddle wrote: 3. Defend Castle + Win Roy's duel with Childerich (you'll lose Roy permanently and therefore finish the game >108 SoD, and what happens to Roy is a must-see that it counts as an ending ;P)
You can't say that's a bad ending if it's not. That means we're still short one ending.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

killey wrote:
tomriddle wrote: 3. Defend Castle + Win Roy's duel with Childerich (you'll lose Roy permanently and therefore finish the game >108 SoD, and what happens to Roy is a must-see that it counts as an ending ;P)
You can't say that's a bad ending if it's not. That means we're still short one ending.
:( it's good enough to be an ending.. technically it leads to under 108 SoD ending since Roy's gone but his death and that whole cutscene.. bleh :P

it's an ending! ;P it's better than some of the "Game Over" endings that's for sure
Yuber8900

Post by Yuber8900 »

Early/Bad Endings:
Tell Barrows you want to be King.
Lose the duel with Roy.
Lose to Alenia with Roy's group.
Lose to Zahhak with Kyle's group.
Lose to Galleon with the Prince's group.
Lose the duel to Childerech with Roy, done while defending castle.(Maybe, I'm not sure on this one.)
Lose the duel to Childerech at Stormfist. (Same as above.)
Lose the duel with Gizel.

Normal Endings:
I have no idea how many stars are needed for either.

Good Endings: Collect all 108 Stars and you get one final choice to decide.
Stay behind and help Lym.
Travel the world with Georg.
Feh
killey

Post by killey »

Here:

Bad Endings:
1. Tell Barows you want to be King
2. Lose the duel to Roy

Game Over endings:
3/4/5. Lose Roy/Kyle/Hero's battle during the Queen's campaign
6. Defend Castle + Lose Roy's duel with Childerich
7. Lose duel to Gizel

Normal endings:
8. 60-107 SoD ending A
9. 43-60 SoD ending B

Good Endings:
10. 108 SoD + saying "I will help Lym rebuild"
11. 108 SoD + saying "Nothing in particular..."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

What is the difference between the 60-107 SoD ending A and the 43-60 SoD ending B? I've apparently only seen one.
Kagome

Post by Kagome »

I got normal ending cause i didn't have 108 SoDs which is annoying because it took me so long to finish the game.The ending is really stupid it's just abunch of snapshoots in the background and shows the SoDs and what happened to them(ones you have collected)
P.S. Lyon Died in the end of the game because once the Twilight rune is removed from her body her wound is re-opened so she dies in the sindar ruins.
Kagome

Post by Kagome »

You don't go one on one against Kyle it's the princess's former bodyguard you must fight.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lyon Died in the end of the game because once the Twilight rune is removed from her body her wound is re-opened so she dies in the sindar ruins.
[spoiler]Thats not really correct. The Twilight rune was removed after she died.[/spoiler]
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

killey wrote:Here:
3/4/5. Lose Roy/Kyle/Hero's battle during the Queen's campaign
this one is not true :( I know cuz i tested each one :P yes i was serious in wanting to see all the endings :lol:

if you lose to Galleon during the queen's campaign, no interaction, no comment box, just a regular "Continue/Give Up" screen :P roy and kyle = endings/game over ^^ but nothin for the prince
Rivera wrote:I've heard losing to Childerich in Stormfist also merits a bad ending but I have yet to confirm this - also I've been informed (still have not confirmed) that if you lose as Belcoot, Zegai, or Richard you get extra scenes (and their deaths).
ok I've just gotten to this point and chose to sacrifice Richard :X no real "game over" ending, the story continues on it's just Richard perma-dies, maybe it will pay dividends when the game ends so we'll see ^^

:cry: Roy gone, Richard gone... wut am i doing o_O LOL! die pigs! :twisted:
Last edited by tomriddle on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Wraith wrote:What is the difference between the 60-107 SoD ending A and the 43-60 SoD ending B? I've apparently only seen one.
I would like to know this as well....whats the second normal ending? someone please tell us
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I have a very rare problem, i have the 108 stars, when i defeat de sun rune incarnation Lyon resurrects, but i can't choice NOTHING, simply show the ending that Lyon and the prince travel with Georg. Why :cry: ?
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

son_michael wrote:
Wraith wrote:What is the difference between the 60-107 SoD ending A and the 43-60 SoD ending B? I've apparently only seen one.
I would like to know this as well....whats the second normal ending? someone please tell us
:cry: :!: :arrow: :cry:
I'm nearing 90 hours on this first playthrough :lol: (mostly idle time but still, a lot of hours just to see multiple endings/scenes)

..where did this 43-60 SoD ending talk come from? o_O i thought it was just under 108 and the full 108A-B endings?

hmm... is this fact now? gah! off to research this :arrow: :cry:
killey

Post by killey »

43-60 type ending I found on the internet somewhere, if someone could confirm whether it is a different ending or not would be good.

And someone also needs to lost the duel against Childerich with the hero and see if that's an ending, hopefully someones close to it.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

killey wrote:43-60 type ending I found on the internet somewhere, if someone could confirm whether it is a different ending or not would be good.

And someone also needs to lost the duel against Childerich with the hero and see if that's an ending, hopefully someones close to it.
the stormfist childerich duel is a progress-the-story no matter what.. I had Richard lose to him (perma death) in hoping to see how the "normal" ending ends if one person loses to childe (rumor has it that if you lose Belcoot or Richard or Zegai, there's extra scenes/whatever for the ending so I'm testing losing the blademaster) :P

but yea, if you lose to Childe, the drug overcomes him regardless ^^ so it's not a game-over