Enemies with goodies

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Eternal Ordeal

Post by Eternal Ordeal »

Yep, at first I was planning in my mind to buy it, but the price is too expensive. However, I'm still in New Game, not New Game+, so I tried to saving my money to upgrading my weapons. Oh yeah, Thanks a lot of your idea.
red knight

Post by red knight »

where can i fight Godwin`s soldier or assasins??
please don't send ladies to battle
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

Stormfist(both but BEFORE certain events) ~ Agate Prison(Godwin only), and some assassins will appear in various areas on the world map. Particualry the final dungeon.
Rune of Punishment.
fathskie

Post by fathskie »

You can find Assasins on Stormfist site on worldmap as random encounter, they showed up quite often.
I put Lorelai (with grade "A" for treasure hunt) and Babbage at entourage, the enemies at Big Hole dropped double-edged rune and Killer Orb way much often then before..
But I'm not sure if the treasure hunt ability stack up,, is it ?
Crazed/Boost/Fury/Double-edged/Multi-Strike/Killer Orb... tell me which the best ??
hpred

Post by hpred »

Ok, I have a question about the special painting. Who drops it the most so I can get my appraiser. Every time I fight in the revolving bridge I get grafetti.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

hpred wrote:Ok, I have a question about the special painting. Who drops it the most so I can get my appraiser. Every time I fight in the revolving bridge I get grafetti.
I don't believe you actually appraise the painting. You just need to have a ? painting and keep going in and talking to him
paladinoz3

Post by paladinoz3 »

can anyone tell me what enemy drops fury piece or fury orb??....or none?.....anyway what does fury orb do??i want to colect orb and sell to get money :D wats di use of fury status?? :? :oops:
i demand a lawyer!!!!!!!!
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

can anyone tell me what enemy drops fury piece or fury orb??....or none?.....anyway what does fury orb do??i want to colect orb and sell to get money :D wats di use of fury status?? :? :oops:
If I recall correctly, the Fury orb is actually buyable for 300,000 potch in the island nations.
The fury status increases physical damage by 1.5, it's a nice status effect to have and stacks with things like command runes and the double strike rune.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

After a certain somebody (who stops dyeing her hair) kills a certain someone, leading to the liberation of a certain town, make your way through the Deep Twilight Forest to the Sindar Ruins (The Deep Twilight Forest is to the west of Port Spinacks). The Copper Sun Boss will drop Flame Rings, for those of you who love Rage Runes. This boss may also spawn in Jeane's dungeon in the Big Hole, but I haven't confirmed this yet. I imagine it's easier to find your way to Jeane's dungeon, so you might want to check that out first. :P

It's already been mentioned that Killer Bunnies drop Killer Orbs, which can be found on the pathway to Jeane's dungeon in the Big Hole, as well as in the Deep Twilight Forest on the way to the Sindar Ruins. Those sell for just as much as Fury Orbs, Paladinoz3, if you're looking to make money. Though, I tend to just hold onto them.

Also, at this point in the game, if you make your way to Lordlake, you may want to go hang out in the Withered Forest (remember your first random encounters in the game). The Ulses there drop Boost Pieces and Violence Pieces. 75% of the encounters in this area feature a combination of three Red and Gray Ulses. The other 25% feature two Hellhounds and an Ulse. So every encounter has a chance of dropping a Boost or Violence Piece. It's fairly frequent, so check it out. You should be able to put together 7-8 Boost Orbs an hour here, without the Hunter Rune. Violence Pieces are even more frequent.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Power pieces, Boost Pieces, they're all trivial once you get access to Double-Edged(Strike in previous games) Rune, Fury Rune, Crazed Rune...
And these runes stack as long as it's not the same runes.
I have Hero5 in the classic Hero Warrior setup. which is Double-Edged Rune, True Rune, and Fury. For other fighters, you can place the Violence Rune in place of the true rune and pack a killer attack hehe.
Violence runes work well cause there's more than a handful of enemies that attack more than once in one turn.
As for Fury, if you put it on the characters with high Accuracy stats, just as good. so if it's 30%, then a Acc of 200 would be 140? still good if you don't misplace characters in the formations. But yea, i don't remeber Fury runes in the previous games having an accuracy descrease. The only negative was you can't defend, but it's just sad to see a great rune get watered-down.
It's when you face basically Boss characters that the Boost Rune will fail you and those are usually the most important battles.
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strategy is the key to victory!
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

I rank the Boost Rune right behind the Double-Edged Rune myself. I'd put it in front of the Double-Edged Rune if it didn't rely on the Double-Edged Rune to be good. The Boost Rune by itself doesn't cut it, since you need to kill fast to avoid the negatives.

With a Double-Edged/Boost combination, very few things get out of the first round, let alone the first three rounds anyway. Even if anything did, two Eyeball Rings have me leeching 200-400 HP back per hit, making my window of vulnerability temporary. I like to put advanced magic into any third slot for the few times that I may actually need magic, since I do enough physical damage already.

I hate Crazed Runes. The same boost as the Boost Rune. So which negatives are worse? The possibility of your HP dropping down to 1? Or an immediate accuracy drop off and no control of your characters? This rune makes me miss too much for my tastes. Some people swear by them though. To each their own, I guess.

I've been tempted to try out Violence Runes. Is it a 3x boost after you take damage twice? In long drawn out battles, this rune would out damage the others. Too bad no battle goes longer than two rounds. 99% of the time, they don't even get out of the first round. I suppose a Boost/Violence setup may work on Isabel, since I have her on the front lines to take all of the damage and she is too slow to attack before the enemy anyway. So she'll probaby get something out of it at least. No sense in keeping the Double-Edged Rune. I'll probably play with Violence Runes when I go with a more defensive setup in a future playthrough, getting away from the typical Double-Edged, Boost, Fury, and Crazed Runes.

What enemy drops Fury Runes again? Or are you forced to shell out 270,000 (Haleth) to get a 1.5x boost and a 30% statistical accuracy drop? I've tried them out and the accuracy drop off is too noticeable for my tastes. The Boost Rune gives a bigger damage increase, no immediate negatives, and I can find it for free. The Fury is another Rune that people seem to swear by though. I liked it in Suikoden III, I'll say that much. Then again, there were no Boost Runes in Suikoden III, to my knowledge. ;)

I have to learn to shorten my posts. I tend to get off on rants. :D Then again, maybe I feel guilty by the length of this post because this thread isn't about discussing which rune is better. Suffice it to say, I'm sure some people would like to know where to find Boost Pieces and I didn't see it anywhere in this thread of 'drops.' I don't think it's outclassed by any stretch. You don't have to wear it if you don't want to. I won't make you. :P
SOe

Post by SOe »

[fathskie]I put Lorelai (with grade "A" for treasure hunt) and Babbage at entourage, the enemies at Big Hole dropped double-edged rune and Killer Orb way much often then before..
But I'm not sure if the treasure hunt ability stack up,, is it ?[/quote]

i dont think the ability stack up.

[red knight]where can i fight Godwin`s soldier or assasins??[/quote]

you can fight unlimited Godwin's soldier in the Lunas wood early in the game, they drop knight orb
and you can fight the assasin during the event when beaver lodge was put on fire, they drop crazed orb (Just put great firefly orb to enhaced the encounter rate, and bring jeane to make it confinient for you to equip and unequip the rune)

And i also got prosperity piece from evil frog (Yashuna cave), though it's rare.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

treasure hunt abilities stack. it becomes obvious once you bring a party full of treasure hunters vs just 1. find potch also stacks...

the Berserk status still let you defend in previous games. it does lower accuracy in this game, but your ACC stat doesn't directly translate to hit percentage so you can't say 200 -> 140 or whatever.. it's a combination of your character's accuracy, enemy's dodge/parry chances, and random number generation. however, the small drop in accuracy is a small price to pay for the 1.5x attack increase. the others are 2x but have deadly drawbacks (take double damage, HP drop after 3 rounds, can't control character..)

Crazed status does not drop your HP to 1 after 3 rounds, you are on auto attack until you die! many think it does decrease accuracy, but i'm not too sure. and i haven't played in months..
SOe

Post by SOe »

treasure hunt abilities stack. it becomes obvious once you bring a party full of treasure hunters vs just 1. find potch also stacks...
When i brought Babage (treasure hunt S) to hunt for prosperity piece from evil frog at yashuna cave i got 2 pieces in a row,
but when i brought Lorelai (Treasure hunt A), Zweig (Treasure hunt A) and Babage i got nothing even after hours fighting.
Maybe just luck :roll:
are you sure about the stack up thing?
I never tried with find potch though.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Didn't see this anywhere within this topic. For those who don't know...

Treasure Hunt
Bergen > SS
Faylen > S
Killey > A
Zweig > A
Lorelei > A
Faylon > A
Support: Babbage > S

To be more concise with my Boost Rune argument, if on the rare occasion the enemy manages to survive to the third round, just use the Circle formation skill to dizzy the enemy, taking away their chance to attack when your HP drops down to 1. Then, heal yourself back up, be it by leech or with spells, thus bypassing the negatives altogether (Just figured out this formation skill exists. :P). No enemy in this game will live longer than 6 rounds, or close to it. 99% won't even make it out of the first round. No immediate negatives, like the Double-Edged, Crazed, Fury and Power Runes (even offers a bigger boost than the last two, no worse than the first two). The Violence Rune doesn't offer an immediate positive like the Boost Rune. And the Killer Rune is only effective for characters with high crit rates to begin with.

Otherwise, I've already covered this extensively in my original argument. Whether or not it is better than the other runes, it is certainly worth mentioning.