Worst glitch in the world!

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Tameon the Dragoon

Worst glitch in the world!

Post by Tameon the Dragoon »

I love this game. Seriously, I really do. So charming and heart warming; like falling in love with Suikoden all over again. It even made me post here at Suikosource again! Oh, the fun times we had at the old site; makes me get all choked up. However, in a mere two days I have had my fair share of problems; mainly the lack of the strategy guide!

However, just as I was finally about to recruit Oboro (I had to revert back to an old save game twice because I kept missing him!), the strangest thing happened. I was leaving Raftfleet after saving it, when all of a sudden I noticed something was wrong. The next scene at Barow's Manor was not triggering. I turned to good ole Lyon to see what was up, and she informed me that, oh noes! Luger was attacking Raftfleet! Wait...what?

That's right. The Luger attack is happening...for a second time! Why?! Oh, curse Oboro! It's all his fault, somehow! Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did it...you know...not happen a third time? Please, someone save me!

EDIT: Aha! Looks like second (unless you count the time before, prior to reverting to my old save file) time went a little better. I am now on the right track. Still, it would be nice to know that I'm not alone in this...
America: Two million illegal immegrants can't be wrong.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

*raieses hand*

im suffereing form this evil glitch!

and the worst thing is im about to do the strategy battle AGAIN!

you heard me...apparently lyon is correct and im wrong...because after saving raftfleet and being told to go to rain water with EVERYONE IN MY PARTY!..I come back to raftfleet only to find my entire party magically in front of raja and they all act like raftfleet is doomed...

its a time warp or something....rain wall is also affected by this glitch, wilde was begging me to go save raftfleet and barrows was just thrilled that they were in danger!

WTH happened! how do I get out of this?!

but you know...maybe this glitch could be used to rack up skills and items in major battles?

well thats useless if there isn't a way out...luckily I do have a save in the prison, but im gonna explore this little glitch

EDIT after the SECOND raftfleet battle...I left raftfleet and this thime I got a cutscene, with daddy godwin and junior godwin...but wow was that a weird glitch

if naything it let me get more money,exp and a stamina ring from that second battle
melange

Post by melange »

Hmm.. I thought they would have fixed this in the English version but... in the Japanese version if you rested/saved at the Raftfleet inn after playing the Bahram attack, there is a glitch that takes you back to before the attack.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow so that explains it! I did rest and save at the inn after ratfleets attack!

problem solved....

is it a good thing though? if your able to do the major battle all you want..you could get nice accesories and some extra cash, plus you could sell the accessories from that battle if you have more than enough or if you dont need them
Tameon the Dragoon

Post by Tameon the Dragoon »

I did indeed rest and save after the fight; I couldn't take any chances of missing Oboro, so I saved as often as I could.

It is interesting that they wouldn't fix this. And, yeah, I did get some kind of nifty ring or something from the second fight, even if I did lose more men the second go-around. :oops:
America: Two million illegal immegrants can't be wrong.
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

well, im confused, this is a little off topic, but coudl someone explain how far in this Oboro is to recruit, also where this glitch is. I wanna make sure im prepared for it, good chance to level up.
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

oboro is shortly after this event, when you defend raftfleet from lugers forces you have to rest at the in and save and then a glitch occurs, the glitch lets you fight the major battle again{and I think forever as long as you repeat the glitch} the only drawback to this is time...you most likely wont be able to recruit everyone if you waste time doing this glitch

to end the glitch all you have to do is beat the major battle and leave raftfleet, then the cutscene will start and you will be back on track and you wont be able to do the glitch anymore
Last edited by son_michael on Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

Ok phew, im sorry i figure since people are reading this topic i got a couple questions (please no spoilers :lol: teehee)

1. How far in to the game hour wise roughly is this glitch
2. Is there time based recruitments??? and if you miss em your screwed for getting the forever.
3. Hows killey in battle :D:D:D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

zionprophecy wrote:Ok phew, im sorry i figure since people are reading this topic i got a couple questions (please no spoilers :lol: teehee)

1. How far in to the game hour wise roughly is this glitch
2. Is there time based recruitments??? and if you miss em your screwed for getting the forever.
3. Hows killey in battle :D:D:D
2. yes there are, killey and someone else I believe...
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

whoa.. ok, i m trying to avoid any kind of strategy guide or spoilers for this game other than a list of unite attacks... but thats kinda a pain in the rear, the only time restricted thing suikoden had was in II with the gunner guy, and that was just for a side story not 108 stars. Im guessing if theres timelimits on characters i'll miss some because im taking a long time exploring everything on my own without a guide

hell, ill take a spoiler, i dont want to miss killey, can you tell me what i have to do to get him, time wise
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

when you rescue lady merces from prison, make sure to talk to killey in 1 of the cells, you have to have lelei and sius in your party but they join you right after lady merces so its all good, just dont leave the prison via the wharf until you talk to killey

after that later on when you get your headquarters you should spot killey outside

and then later on{if you completed the prior requirements} he joins you in a dungeon automatically{not sure about automatically but I think I heard that}
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

So its not "time" based , its just make sure you do certain crap beforehand so to activate it....sounds good!