rune stats?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

rune stats?

Post by kenshindono »

i see the rune post at the top but thats just what runes do and it doesn't look complete.. what do all the abreviations on the character stats screen stand for? i was amazed at the number, if thats right, then there are about 14 distinct different magic groups that you have to worry about, thats a bit crazy!
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

I don't think we know what all of them mean yet, but the list in the Runes section is pretty much what I think they are. I'm not sure about Star, Slash, and Thrust, but I don't know what else they could be. For the list again:

Su - Sun
Fi - Fire
Li - Lightning
Wi - Wind
Wa - Water
Ea - Earth
St - Star (?)
So - Song/Sound
Ho - Holy/Resurrection
Da - Darkness
Sl - Slash (?)
Th - Thrust (?)
Pu - Punishment
Sh - Shield

My question would be, what categories are the unique runes in, like Viki's Blinking Rune?
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Star and Thrust are correct, but Slash is listed as Slice in Strategy Guide. The Blinking Rune is listed as "None" in the Strategy Guide, though.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hrm w hats the slash and thrust stats.. are there actual slash and thrust runes or is that the type of dmg your character does or what?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If Holy is for the Resurrection Magic, I presume Darkness is for Punishment Magic?

Or, are the Darkness Runes (derivative of Souleater) back in the game?
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

so is the DA darkness (the condemnation rune) or is it the dawn rune? i dont know what else it could be if it was darkness other than the condemnation rune
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

It's dark attribute, for the condemnation rune, plus Empty World of the Pale Gate rune.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

WaterMoon wrote:Alright, according to the official bradygames guide, the affinities are:
Su = Sun
Fi = Fire
Li = Lightning
Wi = Wind
Wa = Water
Ea = Earth
St = Star
So = Sound
Ho = Holy
Da = Dark
Sl = Slice
Th = Thrust
Pu = Punch
Sh = Shoot
there doesn't seem to be Shield Magic affinity
Last edited by KFCrispy on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Shield magic uses Earth affinity for Battle Oath and Battlefield, and Water for Great Blessing. Ernst's Beast rune is none for Transformation, Sound for Resounding Roar, Slice for Ripping Claws, and Thrust for Devouring Jaws. Pale Gate rune is Thrust for Open Gate, Lightning for Royal Passage, Water for Pale Palace, and Dark for Empty World. All the other runes are single elemental, and pretty easy to figure out. Dawn and Twilight are Sun, Star is obviously Star, DoReMi is Sound, Resurrection Holy, Condemnation Dark, and Blinking has no attribute.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

actually great blessing has no affinity at all. it seems to do 200 hp no matter what. So im not really sure how accurate the rest of that is