new character level 1 weapons

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

He meant it more like that when you travelled a really damn long way, and then you get some characters with you which you have to take with you and their weapons at Level 1, then you have to go back first aaaaall the long way to upgrade their stuff first to be helpful in upcoming battles ( or at least for the time being you have to take them with you).

Since at that point he mentioned you don't have Viki yet, it's a pain in the %&% for some players. Well i just rushed through the dungeon and didn't care about him having a LV 1 weapon since i did blow the boss into heaven with Lorelai's Lightning Rune. :D
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

meh its just really anoying. I dont think seeing the names for the weapons is any reason at all to make you waste so much money lvling everything up just to see if people are good. Yes, you can stick them in the back up party, but when they first join i s the point where i want to actually test them out and see what their like, having a lvl 1 weapon makes any non mage character totally worthless .

its just stupid and they really should change it. Tactics did a few things that i really hoped would transfer over to V, looks like thats not one of them
Master

Post by Master »

Most of the Real fighters (Belcoot, Richards) who comes with level 1 weapon possesses already a decent attack. I remember Belcoot had like 250 atk with his level 1 weapon.

Actually in Suikoden, it is rare that they totally forces and block you, for the dungeon, just walk back to the nearest town (at the beginning when you don't have Viki) and get your weapon level up then walk back to the dungeon. I guess if you can't be bothered to walk back to the nearest town... well too bad for you.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I don't mind the level 1 weapons. You can always estimate how a character is going to be when you level up their weapons. So it doesn't put you at a giant disadvantage when deciding how a character's strength will be.

And plus I love making money and I love that things are expensive and you have to decide how to conserve your money! That's what RPGs are all about!
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Seldio wrote:Since at that point he mentioned you don't have Viki yet, it's a pain in the %&% for some players. Well i just rushed through the dungeon and didn't care about him having a LV 1 weapon since i did blow the boss into heaven with Lorelai's Lightning Rune. :D
I didn't even bother with Zweig or Lorelai. I brought my own 6-person team, and thus weapon level wasn't much of a bother.