[Guide] Skills

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
MrTomJoad
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 am

Postby MrTomJoad » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:16 pm

No stats definately do. I started a new game plus and sialeeds had three of her level 1 spell. After equiping her with all the magic increasing equipment that I carried over she went up to 5 level 1 spells and 3 level 2 spells.

Aldo
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:23 pm

Postby Aldo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:18 pm

MrTomJoad wrote:No stats definately do. I started a new game plus and sialeeds had three of her level 1 spell. After equiping her with all the magic increasing equipment that I carried over she went up to 5 level 1 spells and 3 level 2 spells.


No one said they didn't... I was talking about RUNE SLOTS.

MrTomJoad
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 am

Postby MrTomJoad » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:20 pm

Oh my bad misunderstood.

Aldo
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:23 pm

Postby Aldo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:26 pm

No problem

KFCrispy
Global Admin
Posts: 5975
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Postby KFCrispy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:39 pm

i noticed the same level Magic skill will add more to MAG than the epic skill Divine Right. so are all 2-skill epics less effect for 1 particular stat than the single skill, and are 3-skill epics even less?

Wraith
Posts: 1434
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:21 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Postby Wraith » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:40 pm

KFCrispy wrote:i noticed the same level Magic skill will add more to MAG than the epic skill Divine Right. so are all 2-skill epics less effect for 1 particular stat than the single skill, and are 3-skill epics even less?


I've noticed that as well. I was wondering if the decrease of magic was worth the incantation increase for Zerase.

User avatar
The n00b Avenger
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:54 pm

Postby The n00b Avenger » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:10 pm

An SS Sacred Oath actually increases Magic by just as much as a SS Divine Right. The bonus to Incantation would be harder to gauge, but if magic is the same, then Incantation probably is too. So it seems to me that the triple skills boost just as much as the double skills, with the addition of adding another skill. Mdf in this case. Of course, the double skills are generally only half as effective as single skills.

And IMO, a SS Sacred Oath is probably the better deal over an S in magic. Because getting 50% in 3 stats is better than getting 100% in one. Well technically, it would be a little less than 100% for Magic since she can only reach S in magic and not SS, so to speak

KFCrispy
Global Admin
Posts: 5975
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Postby KFCrispy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:12 pm

i'd go with the Magic because incantation is probably just speed. the only way she'll need more speed to cast it is if the enemy uses lightning magic (Eresh quest.....)--then it can disable team members for a turn!

User avatar
The n00b Avenger
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:54 pm

Postby The n00b Avenger » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:18 pm

Well you're basically choosing between either +40 magic or +20 magic, +40 magic defense, and +whatever to incantation.

Though I suppose she already has Mdf and Speed in spades

kippei
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Postby kippei » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:33 pm

i thought escape route gives 100% chance of escape from battle?

User avatar
demon_sars
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:26 pm
Location: Mt. Faber , Singkapor

Postby demon_sars » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:20 pm

kippei wrote:i thought escape route gives 100% chance of escape from battle?


depends one whether you fight a boss or not

kippei
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Postby kippei » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:33 pm

demon_sars wrote:
kippei wrote:i thought escape route gives 100% chance of escape from battle?


depends one whether you fight a boss or not


well obviously you can't escape from a boss =_=; everybody knows that.. >_>;;

but i saw the first post and it says "not sure if takamu/linfa has any battle abilities", and thats why i said that...

KFCrispy
Global Admin
Posts: 5975
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:29 pm

Postby KFCrispy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:52 pm

i went through the shortcut in Baska Mine without Escape Route. i think Escape Route is just safe retreats, nothing else... Takamu finding the forest path is purely because of his skill as a map-maker since other Escape Route characters cannot guide you through.

Khift
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:30 pm

Postby Khift » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:06 pm

About Epic skills and their regular counterparts:

I don't remember which character it was, but I noticed that equipping them with an SS in Untold Clarity boosted their attack more than equipping them with an A in Attack.

So...

S (Base) > SS (Epic)

SS (Epic) > A (Base)

Aldo
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:23 pm

Postby Aldo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Khift wrote:About Epic skills and their regular counterparts:

I don't remember which character it was, but I noticed that equipping them with an SS in Untold Clarity boosted their attack more than equipping them with an A in Attack.

So...

S (Base) > SS (Epic)

SS (Epic) > A (Base)


An epic skill had the Effect of the skill level-1. So SS is like having S, S is like having A, and so forth.


Return to “Suikoden V”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests