Equip/Unequip Members Not in Immediate Party

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Equip/Unequip Members Not in Immediate Party

Post by dragonmasterx »

I think in previous Suikodens, you had to keep changing party members to equip or unequip(for stuff to carry over to new game+) everyone. But in Suikoden V, pressing triangle at any of the shops(inclusing blacksmith, skill shops) brings up a list of all battle-able people. So this is a nice convenience to have.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

OMG thats great! you just made my day DMX!

suikoden 3 had this feature and it was the greatest thing in the world! yes! no more changing party members ot equip things!!

shout it from the rooftops!!! woo!!!!

5 DAYS LEFT for NTSC SUIKODEN 5!!!!!!!!!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yay! yet another feature totally forgotten in 4 that made it horribly frustrating and unenjoyable. i was okay for suikoden 1 (but i was already complaining back then about it) but after 2... should have never gone back
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

What I don't like is I can't check the character status when in shops. For example, let's say at the rune shop I'm deciding what to attach to my characters and want to check their rune affinity. I have to exit the shop menu , then press square to enter the general menu, move the cursor down to "status" and so forth. It would be so much more convenient if I could check character status directly from the shop menus.

But overall, it's definitely extremely handy for carrying things over to new game+. In Suikoden IV, you'd have to think "gee, which character did I put that rage rune on again?" and keep switching the current party members to find and remove it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that dosen't bother me at all....it only takes like 10 seconds to do all that, so whats the problem?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It was one of the advancement in the series since Suikoden II that was removed in Suikoden IV. What an utter mystery. They sure took the complaints about Suikoden III's innovations being "too complicated" a little too far. I'm glad it's back (although technically it first returned in Rhapsodia) and hopefully it'll stay for good.