[FAQ] New Game+ details

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

I'm about to go to the end part of the game - I've finished the last war battles/ the duel with a certain someone.

What I want to know is:

How best to make money to fund my next game
Are my current Sp points enough (party SP): 80,000, for an easysecond game
Which armour should equip for the boss - I want to keep my bets armour
Should I take Jeane with me in my entourage to unequip my Magic Absorbs etc before the final boss
Will runes de-equipped just before the battle carry over?
Do ALL items in the trunk (vault, of course) carry over
Will the unassembled rune pieces in my vault carry over
Do items in the party equipment carry over?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Gravel, why not read the first page of this thread to answer your own questions. Easy money comes from stocking expensive things in your inventory/vault to sell them off, as well as a or some Prosperity Rune and Prosperity Equipment... it's nothing different.
Gravel

Post by Gravel »

Yeah, it's just because the first post was actually being debated below which made me seek confirmattion.

So do Rune pieces - i.e Sunbeam Fragment 4 - carry over if in the vault? Or do you have to assemble them into Runes first?
sessogrande

sun set

Post by sessogrande »

so theres no way to carry that over damn lol i just beat the game with it in inventory with it in storage and equipped to see if i could get it . kinda sucks to get that set in the last stage of the game and have it not carry over
sessogrande

Gravel

Post by sessogrande »

money to best support ur game u can still head out of the ruins and save your game get all prosperity set ( divided in ur party so no one is wearing two pieces) then put on all prosperity rings i had norma potch finder maxed and egbert go back to the ashtwal mountains to fight over and over nemisis is awesome he gives u large statue that sells at 400 000 not to mention the money u make i think it took me an hour to get 99 999 999 potch and over 250 000 sp i didnt bother maxing out everyone levels cause all my characters had the best of everything either saint or currution mail and my hero had blood scale mail ( i wouldve had sun set if i had realized it didnt carry over, for runes shield and water a must for healing i suggest maxing out galleons armor of gods give him firefly and invest in good defensive equipment makes the last fight not to eaasy but you wont die either
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

As i haven't played any of my Suikoden V yet :( :( because i don't have a playstation 2 because it broke im a bit baffled as to what this topic is for so can someone explain because this stuff being carried over for what??

Thx
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
sessogrande

game+

Post by sessogrande »

well after you beat the game and you wait after the credits u can save then if you continue your game from that save you start a new game with all that stuff
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Gravel wrote:Yeah, it's just because the first post was actually being debated below which made me seek confirmattion.

So do Rune pieces - i.e Sunbeam Fragment 4 - carry over if in the vault? Or do you have to assemble them into Runes first?
Yes, pretty much everything but Sun Set armor, story specific items (i.e. Ivanov Painting), and runes/gear you have equipped transfers over. Item wise at least. The initial post covered well the other stuff. I came back to a vault full of heavy armors that aren't bad, but I never used lol.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Thanks for that was just wondering lol
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
spud20531

Post by spud20531 »

So whats the best thing to do before completing the game in regards to new game plus? i'm gonna move all my SP to party SP, should i unequip my best stuff or will that get carried over? anyone else got any suggestions?
If you're the best they have, they'll more likely try to cover up your embarrasing incompetance.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

just put whatever you want to have immediately available in your bag and things you want later in your storage. things like Saint's Cloak will work but you'll probably want to add a Destiny Set and HP-boosting accessories (Stamina Rings are the best for this) so you can get them on whoever you want even if they are pretty low level.

i don't find the need to carry over ALL of the Thunder/Rage/etc runes over because you actually end up with quite a few if you've been taking pieces in War battles. but that's up to you.

of course put all skill points into the pool.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Post by Ralphy Leone Tensei »

I'm just wondering. If you finish the game for the first time, you go through New Game+. What happens when you finish New Game+? Is it a New Game++?
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Stallion wrote:You can have unlimited New Game+ repetitions.
All of the answers really are located throughout the thread. By the time you get a response to your question, you could've found it on your own.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

-Complette set of goods at headquarter's shops
This means?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Jag tror it means you have all items/waepons available from all the shops of Falena as soon as you recruit the shop keepers of the castle.