[FAQ] New Game+ details

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

I wanted to be in on the investigations thing too..:(
Rivera

Re: New Game+ details

Post by Rivera »

Bonuses

-Additions to certain events and conversations(details under investigation)
Does anyone have any examples of this? I wanted to see just how much of a difference some of these conversations have, but it seems so iffy.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
BoZhangles

Post by BoZhangles »

I didn't see the question answered, do equiped runes or runes in your party items carry over to New Game+?
Master

Post by Master »

nothing equipped on your character carries over... party inventory tho carry over.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Is it like Suikoden IV where you can remove all the items (except for runes) from the party after you defeat the final boss?
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Nope, you have to do it before finishing the Final Boss.

And... to answer my own question, I already ran into a different scene with Lyon when she talks to the prince at the beginning of the game. She said that she felt something bad was about to happen, and whatnot, and basically had a completely different dialogue than what was said the first playthrough, I'm not entirely sure and I'm too lazy to compare but I also swear that the opening scene where you report to Arshtat is slightly longer with more words from her than the last playthrough, and I could be hallucinating but I swear some of the NPCs say slightly different things than before. And yes, I talked to them twice over on the first playthrough so I know it's not a result of that.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Also the windspun cape and windspun ring don't carry over for some reason. I had the entire set with me at the end so I could give it to becoot when he joined in stormfist but those two didn't show up.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Does the New Game+ change the ending in any way? It seems like it would a bit with George being in your party during the final battle.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Buff

Post by Buff »

KFCrispy wrote:
Bonuses

-L2 or x dash(doesn't matter if you got Kyazarii or not in last playthrough)
x or L2 doesn't work for me, but when i hold triangle it does.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

MrTomJoad wrote:Also the windspun cape and windspun ring don't carry over for some reason. I had the entire set with me at the end so I could give it to becoot when he joined in stormfist but those two didn't show up.
yes they do. I took two of each over with me.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Try holding L2
Sami

Post by Sami »

Rivera wrote:I also swear that the opening scene where you report to Arshtat is slightly longer with more words from her than the last playthrough, and I could be hallucinating but I swear some of the NPCs say slightly different things than before. And yes, I talked to them twice over on the first playthrough so I know it's not a result of that.
I just began a New game +, but so far the dialogue seems exactly the same. Maybe you chose different dialogue options or missed some townspeople?
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

It could be, a thread in the Plot and Setting forum (Warning: Contains Spoilers), denotes that there may in fact be an unseen reading of Lym/Lyon friendliness, that depending on your choices changes certain events.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

very helpful thread, muchos gracias! I am approaching the end now for the >108 ending and this is much appreciated.. basically im going to add a whole new twist to newgame+

^^ since i've tested the difference chars and styles.. I will go newgame+ without a firefly rune o_O see how many times people die :!: :arrow: :lol:

it'll be fun! makes the game entirely new without a firefly'd belcoot or galleon :P
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

KFCrispy wrote:Bonuses
-Georg can participate in final boss battle
How about Zweig?