Suikoden True Runes FAQ...

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
shoo

Suikoden True Runes FAQ...

Post by shoo »

Oky... This may've been discussed/mentioned before, but I cannot find any place stating this properly. Also, I didn't find a better place to post this than here either, so pardon me if and/or for posting it in the wrong section.

Anyway... I was thinking about to make a collection site for _all_ Suikoden runes. But since there are too many to mention, I wouldn't mind some help from you peeps, if it's not too much to ask, of course...

- There are still only 27 _true_ runes, right?
- And have all runes been "discovered" yet?
- What names does each of the true runes hold?
- Which character holds a true rune?
- Are there any characters with more than one true rune? If so, who?
- Can a true rune be equipped on every body part? If not, then where can it be "equipped"?
- Can you add a true rune to equipments such as ie. weapon?

There are some beginning questions that I am wondering on...

Again; I am sorry if this has been discussed several times before, but I just thought it'd be nice for people to have an overview of all the existing runes in the world of Suikoden. However, if there's a section containing answers to my questions, feel free to link me there.

Oh well... That'd be all. More to come if there's no one else claiming something else...

Mods, perhaps you can move this topic to a proper section if this isn't the place to post this..?

Thankies in advance.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

There is this convienient site that has ALL that answered!

http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/

Wow!
son_michael

Re: Suikoden True Runes FAQ...

Post by son_michael »

shoo wrote: I was thinking about to make a collection site for _all_ Suikoden runes. But since there are too many to mention, I wouldn't mind some help from you peeps, if it's not too much to ask, of course...

- There are still only 27 _true_ runes, right?-

right, there are 27 true runes and that will not and can not change
- And have all runes been "discovered" yet?

no, about 17 true runes have been discovered
- What names does each of the true runes hold?

check suiko source's true rune info for that info, the old list will have all 17 listed except for the sun rune{there should be a link to the old true rune list}
- Which character holds a true rune?

to long to explain...read message boards and find out, also the old true rune list will tell you alot of that info

- Are there any characters with more than one true rune? If so, who?

no, its said that windy figured out how to bear 2 true runes{she never actually did it though since she wanted that second rune to be the soul eater} but other than that no one has ever been able to bear more than 1 true rune
- Can a true rune be equipped on every body part? If not, then where can it be "equipped"?
yes, a true rune can go whever it wants but it dosen't equip itself..true runes are sentient beings that are alive, they choose there bearers and they choose which body part they want to be absorbed into, leknaats half of the gate rune is in her chest{for an example}

- Can you add a true rune to equipments such as ie. weapon?
as I said above, true runes choose what they want, yes true runes can merge with weapons{babarosa's sword has the soverign rune} or stick themselves in buildings, the star dragon sword{Night rune} is a true rune who decided it wanted to look like a sword and the beast rune merged itself with castle Renoulle, the sovereign rune is on babarosa's sword's hilt