[Guide] Recruitment (spoilers galore)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Recruitment (spoilers galore)

Post by KFCrispy »

rumors are random so just keep checking back as you play.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Pope Blitzkrieg XVI wrote:Okay, so I got my castle, checked my mail, and got that salt message. Well, as this is my first time playing, I didn't know that's how you recruit Sairoh. Now the salt prices are low. Did I miss his recruit? Or will the salt skyrocket again? Man, I hope I didn't mess up...
ok look this is really simple, all you gotta do is buy salt wherever for a grand total of 6 salts

then just keep checking the rumors at every trade station you go to, when it says the price of salt has skyrocketed go talk to sairoh and he will tell you he's worried about the salt, then just sell the 6 salts to the trader next to him and talk to sairoh and voila you will have recruited him
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Oppenheimer wrote:You can always recruit him, but will he count towards having 108 stars if you get him too late? That's the tricky question. It's still possible as long as you get him before the major war battle at Falena.
I think he will still count, because Euram could still be recruited after Salum dies, and he counts in the 108, doesn't he?
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I don't know what to do.... :(
I didn't recruit Faylen and Faylon with the first option:
Three ways to recruit: 1. After dueling with Roy, choose "I'll do no such thing", "I was only trying to clear my good name...", and "All right, it's set!", and Faylon and Faylen will join you. 2. After defeating Roy in Sable, find Faylon and Faylen in Ranro Mountain in the furthest room, help them return the loot, pick up all 3 parts in that room, and talk to the person in the mayor's house. 3. If you did not recruit Faylen and Faylon and choose to defend the castle, you can talk to them (dialogue choices don't matter).
The second option is not working for me at all.... I went to their hideout, talked to them, offered them my help, and then they told me that they don't need it.... All the times I came to them after that (and it was after every major event) they said something about preparing and needing 5 more minutes. They don't say anything else. I once went with Roy, and they only say something about me taking care of him bla bla. I finished Queen's campaign, so my question is can I recruit them now? I have a backup save before the event just for this. I would really appreciate some help....
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

You missed something. And it's not written on the quote.

Bring Roy and go to Solis's house and to talk to a person on the first floor before going to Ranro. I don't remember much but I guess I'm correct this time. lol.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Castilho

Re: [Guide] Recruitment (spoilers galore)

Post by Castilho »

Hey everyone, I did not talk to Jeane in Sol Falena after Stormfist. Did I missed her already? or can I still get her?

Please, tell me so I can move on. If I can't get her I'll just clear the game and get the 108 Stars in the game+ .
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Castilho wrote:Hey everyone, I did not talk to Jeane in Sol Falena after Stormfist. Did I missed her already? or can I still get her?

Please, tell me so I can move on. If I can't get her I'll just clear the game and get the 108 Stars in the game+ .
Yes you still can recruit her. That scene was just an extra. Good luck!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Ohhh thanks man, a friend of mine said I couldn't, nice to now otherwise :)
magalzo

Post by magalzo »

Okay I missed Egbert in Baska Mine, the one connecting to Dwarf Camp. I asked Oboro of his location and he said I should try going to Underground Water Vein. That's what Zunda told me to do as well (she told me that on the comments box), as she said she met that guy there. So I went to the Water Vein (Via Dwarf Path), and went all the way down (Ruins) and he's not there. I also explored all corners of the Ruins and still can't find him. So how do I look for this guy?
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

magalzo wrote:Okay I missed Egbert in Baska Mine, the one connecting to Dwarf Camp. I asked Oboro of his location and he said I should try going to Underground Water Vein. That's what Zunda told me to do as well (she told me that on the comments box), as she said she met that guy there. So I went to the Water Vein (Via Dwarf Path), and went all the way down (Ruins) and he's not there. I also explored all corners of the Ruins and still can't find him. So how do I look for this guy?
First make sure you aren't currently on a mission, if you are recruitable characters won't appear when you enter the area.

But if you're sure you are in the right room to recruit him, you may be too far in the story for recruitment. Remember not to press ANY buttons while he's ranting in all caps when you find him. Even if you do press something you can leave, re-enter, and try again.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

currently on a mission? what are you referring to? aren't we always on a mission?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

gildedtalon wrote:currently on a mission? what are you referring to? aren't we always on a mission?
If you're on a direct mission, like go to the Beaver's Village to check why it's on fire. There are a bunch of them.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

is it even possible to go to another town when the beaver lodge is on fire?
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

gildedtalon wrote:is it even possible to go to another town when the beaver lodge is on fire?
ugh... You're missing the point. There are certain parts of the story when you can NOT recruit characters.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I think you're giving the wrong example