[Guide] Recruitment (spoilers galore)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

No, you just cannot recruit Euram if you recruited Eresh. You can still get Isabel and Mathias if you got Eresh. Sorry for the confusion.
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
Shigure

Can't recruit Nikea

Post by Shigure »

I have NO idea why but I can't/haven't been able to recruit Nikea.

I've been trying since the Lelcar war battle and have visited just about every inn in the game so far. PLUS I've visited EVERY building in Estrise after recruit each new characters. (So I've spent FOREVER in Estrise)

This is my second playthrough, so I'm playing new game+. The first play through I recruited all 108 characters. I chose the stay in Falena ending.

But no Nikea.. I've recruited all the other characters so far...

I even went with just Lyon and the Hero. And I've gone with just Lyon, the Hero, and Kyle... and I've gone with a full party, a party missing one slot..

Heh, I'm at my wits end. Anyone have ANY tips? I've search all over the internet and found nothing beside "Duel in Eltrise after Lelcar"

Oh and right now, I just finished recruiting Yahr and Nelis. So I've been checking VERY frequently and even tried forwarding a couple events like the other characters.

ALSO, Oboro doesn't have her up as an investigation choice either, so that routes out.. (Don't ask me why, he just doesn't)

Please help.
Guh, I posted all that?
. . . .What a pain . . .
Belle

Post by Belle »

Nikea? Wow, I didn't realize she was difficult to recruit. She should be in the inn at Estrise (where you first find Linfa). If she's not there right now, then wait a little longer and come back.
Shigure

Post by Shigure »

To be honest. I didn't expect it either. I knew about Oboro and all them and you've got to be REALLY careful with quite a handful... but Nikea is like pulling teeth this time around...

I thought if anywhere had ANY tips it was here, at Suikosource.

Well, I'll keep going. I'll be back with my final verdict when I finish this playthrough.
Guh, I posted all that?
. . . .What a pain . . .
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

nikea should be in Estrise's Inn.. i don't think you had to pick any specific responses to get her to show up there....
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Nikea? Ah you don't have to choose correct answers. Just visit the Tavern in Estrise and talk to her. Then beat the crap out of her in a duel outside the tavern and she's yours :)

just my 2 potch

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you can opt to lose as well, the requirement is the duel itself.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Maybe you were trying to recruit her at the wrong times? Usually the game doesn't allow for recruitment during certain stages of the game.

Oh yeah, and Gavaya can also be recruited with the Kiss Goodbye girls Sialeeds, Nelis and Jeane. I imagine he can also be recruited with Sharmista after Sialeeds leaves.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah great find!
what about mixing them with the other girls so you don't have a complete unite trio?..
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

My disc's wonky now, but when I get the chance I will try the earliest combination possible (Viki, Sialeeds, Faylen).

Ugh... oh shoot, I deleted my earlier save to make way for Kingdom Hearts. Won't be able to do this till the next playthrough sorry. :(
red knight

Re: Recruitment (spoilers galore)

Post by red knight »

Mohsen did not join after the battle at lelcar. can i still recruit him?
please don't send ladies to battle
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

red knight wrote:Mohsen did not join after the battle at lelcar. can i still recruit him?
yes

you can recruit him in Doorat
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Latest point for Mohsen to recruit is the Harbor Town of Hershville. If you still don't have him after retaking Stormfist, he will be gone. Ah yes, if you want him to join you after the battle of Lelcar, then make sure you choose the correct answers. When you talk to Mohsen, choose the first answer and then the second one.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

just make sure you buy stuff from his shop, like 100,000 potch worth and THEN talk to him and ask him to join
riou83

Post by riou83 »

Im having trouble finding Mueller, wilhelm, meroon, and Moroon.

Mueller and Wilhelm im in dorat after winning only lost 400 soldiers in battle, have feylon, viki and Norma in my party but they vanished from the bar. Do you need Lyon in your party as well.

Also is there some trick for the last two beavers?