Armes Bodyguards

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Armes Bodyguards

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

According to the Bestiary of the official Konami guide there's an enemy boss character called "Armes Bodyguard (Bow)" [護衛兵(弓)] but after looking on Youtube, the enemy parties topic here and various online places I can't find anything that says this enemy is actually in the game?

The only Armes Bodyguard enemies I can find are the sword wielding ones (which have their own entry) during the fight with Jidan. Since they're classified as a Boss they should appear during a boss fight and I can't remember any other taking place in Sable where the guide places them. Is this an enemy that ended up unused? There's a pic of it in the guide so there's a model for it at least.

They also have the exact same stats as the Sword ones so there's not a whole lot of different places in time they could show up than the Jidan fight. Is there an alternative version of it?

Someone have better memory than me that can place these guys?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
sticky-runes

Re: Armes Bodyguards

Post by sticky-runes »

Are they the guys that appear in the cut scene where Roy gets shot?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Seems that way.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

The Turbanators :|
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

In the bestiary list on gamefaqs they are listed with the same level and stats as the bodyguard swords. So the only place I can think of is between the Sable war battle and fighting Jidan. It's a very short way from the entry of Sable to Jidan, so if in addition their encounter rate was much smaller than those of the normal Armes soldiers, you'll likely not encounter them (but I don't remember whether you actually encounter enemies there).

But if they're labeled as bosses, they're probably not used (or is there a composition of Armes bodyguards as miniboss there?). No problem, since the guide says they don't drop anything.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan