Why the f#ck can't Byakuren use runes??

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Antimatzist

Re: Why the f#ck can't Byakuren use runes??

Post by Antimatzist »

Humans can normally bear no more than 3 runes.
I'm not sure, but I don't think that's true. Iirc the hands and the head are just the most powerful ways to embed runes and use them. Mh, can't find a source for that, maybe just a fanfiction...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

About Crowley you asked...i bet that his 100 runes are hidden within his robe. But don't forget that in the 1st game every character had one slot....left hand if i remember well :wink:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Now that you mention it, in the S2 battle screen, do the characters raise their respective hand or head according to the rune slot they used? I never really paid attention to that.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, they only have one battle animation for using rune magic (and I think they use it before unites as well)
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

But not all animations are the same, right? Maybe my memory plays tricks on me, but I remember Viki not raising her hand, instead her head glows. Is that just my fantasy or was it S5 only?
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Most characters raise one hand.

Viki points her wand towards the enemy and Flik, e.g., simply concenctrates with his sword in his hand.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Most characters raise one hand.

Viki points her wand towards the enemy and Flik, e.g., simply concenctrates with his sword in his hand.

And Hai Yo lifts his wok and spoon in order to cast a spell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe Crowley has a rune attached on each strand of hair. Or possibly his semen.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Maybe Crowley has a rune attached on each strand of hair. Or possibly his semen.

Or have the runes almost in every part of his body....for example 10 runes in his right arm,10 in his right leg,etc :idea:
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:Maybe Crowley has a rune attached on each strand of hair. Or possibly his semen.

Or have the runes almost in every part of his body....for example 10 runes in his right arm,10 in his right leg,etc :idea:
The question is how is it possible? If that's true, I bet Crowley's/Mazus' body looks like a pineapple or worse.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

bluemask wrote: The question is how is it possible? If that's true, I bet Crowley's/Mazus' body looks like a pineapple or worse.

Well those 2 have the power to reincarnate themselves...wouldn't be able to attach 100 runes on their bodies? :?: :|
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

And with 100 Runes, Crowley must have some rather ... eclectic choices. Which ones do we think he has?

I'll start the list:

- Fire, Rage, Water, Flowing, Wind, Cyclone, Earth, Mother Earth, Lightning, Thunder, Resurrection, Darkness, Pale Gate, Blinking, Shield, Jongleur, Sword of Rage, Sword of Cyclone, Sword of Thunder
- Wizard, Alert, Barrier, Fortune, Prosperity, Skunk, Turtle, Hazy, Holy
- Pixie

I doubt he would have Double-Beat/Double-Strike/Fury, Killer, Counter, etc. Unless they were to fill out the list. As he approached 100 I bet he was just attaching any old Rune he could find just to get a round number.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe he's got loads of Wizard runes to increase his magical damage output, and other runes to increase his defenses against each element.