Difficulty completing the final dungeon

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
mcatra

Difficulty completing the final dungeon

Post by mcatra »

Real sorry if I missed a topic addressing this, but I've met a roadblock in the final dungeon. Just picked this game up for the first time in years, so it's disappointing to not be able to finally finish it.

Following guides hasn't seemed to help, as, according to the guides, the elevator should not be raised at the point I'm seeing it raised. According to the map http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929668-suik ... faqs/52690 here, I've just pushed Switch 5 near the Royal Garb with Zweig. However, the elevator north of that point is raised when it should be down, so I can't ride it up to complete the puzzle. I've moved out of the dungeon, restarted the game, changed my party, put Lyon and the Prince in different positions in the dungeon to fix it and nothing has seemed to work.

Note that I left the area in the middle of the dungeon more than once, because I wanted to train characters more.

I've seen a couple topics elsewhere where people had the same issue. Is this a known problem? Or is there a solution?
gildedtalon

Re: Difficulty completing the final dungeon

Post by gildedtalon »

I never get stuck and I've completed the game 7 times so I have no idea
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
mcatra

Post by mcatra »

Yeah I'm thinking it might be a bug or something :( Arrrrgh
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for those who are stuck - you can re-trigger any switch by stepping completely off of the square and getting back on its *center*. You have to do this at least once to obtain a treasure chest and continue on the normal path.

Also, text guides can only describe so much. I'm sure there are playthroughs of the game on youtube, so just watch someone clear the area!
PrinceKev

Post by PrinceKev »

KFCrispy wrote:for those who are stuck - you can re-trigger any switch by stepping completely off of the square and getting back on its *center*. You have to do this at least once to obtain a treasure chest and continue on the normal path.
The switch (which opens the blockade) does not work that way but the elevators does. I'm experiencing the same problem as I also left the dungeon because I think some of my characters are not strong enough so I left the area to sharpen their weapons.

What we are trying to say is that based on the reference map, the elevator (north path of the intersection where you can get the Royal Garb in the south) should bring you in the upper level but in our case, the elevator is in the upper level that is why we can't even step on to the platform.

This is the first time I played Suikoden V and it's kind of frustrating that after all that you've done. I don't have any back up file to start of with near the final dungeon and will not repeat the game for the sake of it. Mainly because it's not as exciting to play with compared to the first two and even to the 3rd one.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Ok, I can see the map now
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Frow how you described it, it seems to be really simple, you just have to continue Lyon and Prince's path first before you can continue on your path with Zweig :wink: And this happens all the time throughout this process, and it will become more OFTEN that you have to keep switching characters after each step you make with a character :)

So all these three guys are you asking the same question 3 times?

snowflakes101: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/929668-s ... v/66118931

mcatra

PrinceKev

Maybe someone here can afford to be kind enough and try to complete the dungeon using the map just so that we can help this poor guy who is genuinely stuck on this part :| I tried to buy my Suikoden games yesterday, they are not sold anymore. Oh well
PrinceKev

Post by PrinceKev »

It was really disappointing, I have no idea that there is a glitch like this. Not to mention that it is not included in the FAQs, I was not able to prepare a back up save before hand. Still glad for having a back up save AFTER the invasion of Sol Falena (where they escape in Haud Village via Lunas). I know some might disagree but the first few hours of gameplay is very boring and dry for me especially in Stormfist.

Well this time, I'm going to start from it and then try to use some cheats to get what I've got in my previous save mainly just to finish the game without consuming so much time. Although in a game like this you won't need any cheats because it's very easy but very time consuming.

I'm just here to tell that the glitch is a TOTAL DEAD END. No possible fix as far as I know since I already tried different things (reloading the save game, switching party, going outside and then returning, going back to castle then returning).

All I can say is that, Don't leave the dungeon (Sindar Ruins) upon entering. Prepare your 18 characters that will be used before hand. Make a back up save in the Ashtwal Mountain save point before entering the Sindar Ruins (I suggest also doing this after looting all treasure chest in the mountain).

I don't know how the glitch activated itself, all I know is that I left the dungeon once after activating Switch 5 (in the map) and getting the Royal Garb. I hope some walkthrough writers still updates their FAQs so future players like me can be prepared before hand.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Why do you not want to use a walkthrough anyway?
PrinceKev

Post by PrinceKev »

gildedtalon wrote:Why do you not want to use a walkthrough anyway?
I didn't say that, besides I used Cyril's Walkthrough (And will still be using) to finish the game with the best ending (will just watch the alternate endings on Youtube). It so happens that I accidentally activated the glitch out of nowhere. I was just saying that hopefully, the walkthrough writers will update their FAQs regarding this warning/glitch.

Although the "boring" factor makes me not to play it anymore, the Suikoden Hype still gets on my nerve. And now I play again.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

So at least you finally got through the puzzle right using Cyril's FAQ? Then why are you complaining about the map? You followed the map or Cyril's FAQ? I'm confused
PrinceKev

Post by PrinceKev »

gildedtalon wrote:So at least you finally got through the puzzle right using Cyril's FAQ? Then why are you complaining about the map? You followed the map or Cyril's FAQ? I'm confused
I think you don't understand what I'm trying to say. I only used the map to guide you where the glitching happened. Of course, FAQs are used to be a guide but that doesn't mean that we or I have to follow them all the time. That is where user's discretion comes in, being me decided to leave the dungeon and prepare for the upcoming three way boss fight. Disappointing because the game itself has a "Dead End Glitch" and the even worst part, it happens in the final dungeon. I have nothing against with the FAQs, it's just that the glitch came out of nowhere.

if you still don't understand, then that's not my problem anymore. :x :x :x
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Okay, so Cyril's FAQ is the one that leads you to this dead end glitch. Use other FAQs lol
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't see the image you posted :(

considering how old this game is and how few players had this "glitch", in all likeliness it's you and those few others who are making some mistake in missing a switch or something. i know it's tough to hear, but this game is almost 7 years old now and this is the first time people are getting stuck.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

My guess is there are some things you simply assumed can not be moved therefore didn't bother trying anymore