Papa Holly

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Papa Holly

Post by Sasarai10 »

Does Papa Holly disappears as random enemy,after a certain point of the game? I want to get the Ol'tree Beads,and i'm at the point before recapturing Sol-Falena,but i've searched about half hour in Sable's area forest but i found only Ghost Holly.
Punkaiser

Re: Papa Holly

Post by Punkaiser »

yes, after a certain story event, enemies will be changed to a different set <that's why we will never find the boars for power rune piece at late game>
you should check Dark Elf's bestiary list:
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=10649
I guess you have passed Doraat event, that's why
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Thanks man,yes i've passed the Doraat event.

Now about the boars. I remember clearly,that the grey one (i think it's named capricorn or sth like that),can appear late in the game,between Haud Village and Lunas North Woods area. It can drop a power piece too.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I think we need double check. According to his bestiary, there's no change in enemies set in that area during the whole game which seems very strange.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:I think we need double check. According to his bestiary, there's no change in enemies set in that area during the whole game which seems very strange.

No it's not strange at all. Because after escaping from Lunas,this area won't be needed anymore. Except for recruiting characters like Zegai or Zunda,but this feature doesn't belong to the main plot.

Note that this happens in other areas too,like Ceras Lake Ruins,Lordlake Forest or Waterfall Basin'
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

The grey boar? Are you speaking of my arch-nemesis, Peckles?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nikisaur wrote:The grey boar? Are you speaking of my arch-nemesis, Peckles?

Yes,exactly! Peckles was its name.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

You,re right Sasarai, i loaded my old file to check and it's true the boars are still around west of Haud.