The Worst Ending

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
EstrangedIX

Re: The Worst Ending

Post by EstrangedIX »

Hirathien wrote:I always imagined Gremio had a voice mixed between Reinbach in Suikoden IV and Sean Connery, so I'm just happy I never heard it.
Wow, those three will never be the same for me ever again :lol:

And I agree that Gremio had a better personality than Lyon. I think that what makes her especially annoying is that it's way too easy to accidentally bump into her. She wasn't given any concept of personal space the way she was made to follow so close. I also don't really feel the connection between her and Frey the way it's supposed to be, so I have a hard time imagining him being driven to suicide by losing her. Probably just me though.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

EstrangedIX wrote:
Hirathien wrote:I always imagined Gremio had a voice mixed between Reinbach in Suikoden IV and Sean Connery, so I'm just happy I never heard it.
Wow, those three will never be the same for me ever again :lol:

And I agree that Gremio had a better personality than Lyon. I think that what makes her especially annoying is that it's way too easy to accidentally bump into her. She wasn't given any concept of personal space the way she was made to follow so close. I also don't really feel the connection between her and Frey the way it's supposed to be, so I have a hard time imagining him being driven to suicide by losing her. Probably just me though.
I suspect the prince was in love with her; there were a couple of occasions in the game where he shielded her from attacks and at the end when she died, he seemed wrecked. For him to desert his sister after the war there has to be a powerful reason for it; I think the only explanation must be he loved Lyon the same way she loved him and neither of them got to tell each other! I just hope it WASN'T suicide; what became of the Dawn and Twilight runes for one thing?
Belle

Post by Belle »

LMAO. Goodness gracious.

I imagine Gremio's voice would be cheery enough but not to the point of obnoxious or fruity. Or maybe I've heard enough real-life impressions/mockeries of him that I'm thinking he'll sound the opposite of all that.

I don't know if the Prince of Falena commits/would commit suicide since I've never gotten that ending, but I could see him either wandering to some new land or just becoming a hermit and distancing himself from that whole mess as much as possible.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

How about Prince becoming mad after Lyon's death,and turning evil afterwards? Just like Luca Blight. So let's pretend that he goes bananas,and he travells to another land,to cause chaos with his 2 runes.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Hmm... odd choices for Gremio's voice. I imagined him having a voice a bit like Orlando Bloom.

So I watched the 60- stars ending on youtube, and Lym says "why did he..." before they show a clip of the prince wandering off through the Ashtwal mountains. I think maybe he just wandered aimlessly without telling anyone what he was doing. Whereas if you complete with over 60 stars, everyone does know that he's travelling the world and he'll be back someday. Don't know why he'd make those decisions based on recruiting that many characters, though... Maybe it was just to tell the player to try a little bit harder next time.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

That's not right. Whenever I think of Orland Bloom he's saying "And you have my bow".

Gremio has an axe. The closest I'd get is hearing him sound like Gimli, which still isn't right.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

sticky-runes wrote:Hmm... odd choices for Gremio's voice. I imagined him having a voice a bit like Orlando Bloom.

So I watched the 60- stars ending on youtube, and Lym says "why did he..." before they show a clip of the prince wandering off through the Ashtwal mountains. I think maybe he just wandered aimlessly without telling anyone what he was doing. Whereas if you complete with over 60 stars, everyone does know that he's travelling the world and he'll be back someday. Don't know why he'd make those decisions based on recruiting that many characters, though... Maybe it was just to tell the player to try a little bit harder next time.
I thought I did try hard :( (for me anyway). I spent ages recruiting Jeane! I had briefly read online while I was playing it that as long as you get more than 60 then it should be alright; I saw so many people in my castle that I was too lazy to read the entire tablet, but I just assumed I'd got at least 60! Obviously I was wrong; maths was never my strong point. I saved it sometime before the final battle though; when is the cut off point to collect the 108 stars in Suikoden 5?
Belle

Post by Belle »

Hmm... I usually get my 108th just after Rainwall is accessible again (yeah, I'm a sucker for Euram, sue me). I think the cut-off point is somewhere between there and *just* before the night before the siege of Sol-Falena.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Belle wrote:Hmm... I usually get my 108th just after Rainwall is accessible again (yeah, I'm a sucker for Euram, sue me). I think the cut-off point is somewhere between there and *just* before the night before the siege of Sol-Falena.
Oh good, just before the battle of Sol-Falena is when I saved it. I'm not sure how I managed to recruit all 108 stars for the first two games back when there was no internet in EVERY home. Oh yeah ... I went to the school library and printed off the recruitment guides.

Euram? You like Euram Barrows? Why? :mrgreen:
Belle

Post by Belle »

LadyCyclone wrote: Euram? You like Euram Barrows? Why? :mrgreen:
He's such an assclown.

But so completely reformable.

I just kind of wish there had been more to the 'reform' process than a STFU and a two-second personality makeover.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

In the Suikoden I and II Radio Dramas, Gremio is voiced by Takehito Koyasu, the same voice actor as Sarutobi Sasuke from Sengoku Basara, Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and ex-Admiral "Ice-Man" Aokiji from One Piece.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Belle

Post by Belle »

Gremio's voice, huh? Is it sexy?
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Euram reminded me a bit of Snowe, but more appreciable when he finally came around. Snowe was so pathetic I really didn't want to add him to my team, but 107 doesn't quite have the same flare as a complete 108.
Belle

Post by Belle »

I guess the 'intentionally comical' factor helped, rather than simply 'laughably pathetic.' I liked Snowe too, and in Tactics as well (though I don't think he was ever quite the beast in battle that he was in IV). But Euram... it was different with him. There were deeper reasons as to why he turned out the way he did, and not just simply jealousy and feelings of inadequacy.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

ninjaluc79 wrote:In the Suikoden I and II Radio Dramas, Gremio is voiced by Takehito Koyasu, the same voice actor as Sarutobi Sasuke from Sengoku Basara, Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and ex-Admiral "Ice-Man" Aokiji from One Piece.
So sexy that his relationship with Tir in the Radio Drama almost bordered on Yaoi.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.