doubts about suikoden 5

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
brunohkbx

doubts about suikoden 5

Post by brunohkbx »

Hi,
I have finished suikoden 5 yesterday and I have some questions.

1 - Why Sialeeds betray the prince?

2 - Why Sialeeds kill Salum barrows?

3 - What Arshtat/Ferid/Sialeeds/And the others say when lyon die and the prince see them ?

Thx!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: doubts about suikoden 5

Post by KFCrispy »

Question 2 partially answers question 1. Sialeeds knew the Prince was going to win but would be too nice, letting both the Barrows and Godwins survive to continue their dirty ways, and the war would not have improved the political turmoil within the country. So she took matters into her own hands...
3. You can't tell what they say but they're obviously congratulating/thanking the Prince.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I always thought that Sialeeds was motivated by revenge a bit with Salum Barows. When they found the Dawn Rune in his house, they learned that he had been the one who stole it, which was one of the reasons Arshtat chose to bear the Sun rune herself. This led to her going slightly insane, which we see in the opening scenes of her refusing to send help to Lordlake etc.

Ultimately, the Barows' theft of the Dawn rune led to a lot of really awful things happening to both the Queendom of Falena and Sialeeds' sister, the Queen. I'd say that was a huge part of Sialeeds not showing Salum Barows the mercy we might expect in a Suikoden game.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Shasarazawoowoo

Post by Shasarazawoowoo »

Nikisaur wrote:I always thought that Sialeeds was motivated by revenge a bit with Salum Barows. When they found the Dawn Rune in his house, they learned that he had been the one who stole it, which was one of the reasons Arshtat chose to bear the Sun rune herself. This led to her going slightly insane, which we see in the opening scenes of her refusing to send help to Lordlake etc.

Ultimately, the Barows' theft of the Dawn rune led to a lot of really awful things happening to both the Queendom of Falena and Sialeeds' sister, the Queen. I'd say that was a huge part of Sialeeds not showing Salum Barows the mercy we might expect in a Suikoden game.
Also, I'm not sure if Sialeeds knew this herself, but if I read the characters section right, Salum was responsible for convincing her and Arshtat's mother to try for the throne, thus leading to that whole nasty, violent conflict that resulted in many assassinations (including Gizel's mother, Sialeeds and Arshtat's father, both of Haswar's parents, one of Salum's own children...)

Basically, Salum's one of the biggest dicks in Suikoden history, responsible for a ton of bad shoot happening in Falena (directly and indirectly), and Sialeeds probably felt he deserved no mercy after everything he'd shamelessly done. I think I may hate him more than Luca. At least Luca was proudly evil. Salum pretended to be your buddy while routinely screwing you and your family over.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I have nothing to back this up but I assume that Sialeeds would have found out about Salum's involvement in the whole messy ascension business sooner or later. Either through her own contacts in the family/government or though Gizel's when they were a couple. If this is was indeed the case then it goes a long way to explaining why she felt that Barows did not deserve any mercy.
As Shasarazawoowoo said he made great efforts to come across as being on your side the whole time while constantly stabbing you in the back at every opportunity. I'm not sure if what he did though was done out of malice rather than self preservation. He never came across to me as evil, more self-obsessed with delusions of grandeur, and whoever stood between him and his status/wealth was an obstacle. Now I'm in no way trying to justify his actions and I think he is a snake-in-the-grass as much as the next person but as a fairly major character in SV i think they did a great job making him. He is the kind of person you love to hate, but as for being an actual threat to the prince, I doubt the useless blubber could have achieved control over the Falenas Royal Family anymore than he could have touched his own toes.