Topic split from Level 60 Characters Ranking topic

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
silvereyes47

Topic split from Level 60 Characters Ranking topic

Post by silvereyes47 »

Admin note: topic veered off topic to a variety of discussions..... original: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=12939

solo prince? i believe it's impossible
in NG+ there's maybe a glimpse chance with best equip, max money, sp, fortune, illusion form. in normal playthrough it's definitely impossible.

why? level restriction is the answer
or maybe you have a youtube link regarding solo prince on normal game?
Antimatzist

Re: Level 60 characters ranking

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon tried a solo-Suikoden V run - and succeeded. He shared some tactics for some fights in this topic: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=11802
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Antimatzist wrote:gildedtalon tried a solo-Suikoden V run - and succeeded. He shared some tactics for some fights in this topic: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=11802

it's hard to believe... but whatever...
he should give some proof not just write in board
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Well someone else should try it then. I don't have any recording tools to prove it. You just have to trust me. The hardest fight is against Nikea and the thugs, the queen's campaign, and the last 3 bosses on the final dungeon coz I decided to solo everything including the bosses you have to fight without Prince such as Roy solo, Kyle solo, Zweig solo, Lyon solo. Of course you have to level them first and upgrade their equipment then. It's definitely the hardest part when you're not using the prince but it's doable. Took me lots of gameovers lol

Btw this was before I discovered the overpowered setup: double-edged/boost/fury setup. You could just equip 4 sacrificial jizos to ensure the prince kills the boss before he can die if you're using this rune setup
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

The only thing i did solo was the 3 final bosses and they weren't that difficult. Georg was level 73,Lyon 82 and Frey 99,and the final boss. That one was impossible even with Frey at level 99 and with the best armor eqquiped (that one with 999999 potch,i don't recall the name of it)
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Sasarai10 wrote:The only thing i did solo was the 3 final bosses and they weren't that difficult. Georg was level 73,Lyon 82 and Frey 99,and the final boss. That one was impossible even with Frey at level 99 and with the best armor eqquiped (that one with 999999 potch,i don't recall the name of it)
what level 99?!!!
how is that possible? tell me the tricks?
there's no way you grind it manually, not even fortune rune can help

saint's cloak is the armor name, corruption's shell comes second
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

gildedtalon wrote:Well someone else should try it then. I don't have any recording tools to prove it. You just have to trust me. The hardest fight is against Nikea and the thugs, the queen's campaign, and the last 3 bosses on the final dungeon coz I decided to solo everything including the bosses you have to fight without Prince such as Roy solo, Kyle solo, Zweig solo, Lyon solo. Of course you have to level them first and upgrade their equipment then. It's definitely the hardest part when you're not using the prince but it's doable. Took me lots of gameovers lol

Btw this was before I discovered the overpowered setup: double-edged/boost/fury setup. You could just equip 4 sacrificial jizos to ensure the prince kills the boss before he can die if you're using this rune setup
it's not that i don't believe you
but childerich n dolph battle is quite hard, even with all the odds in your favor it's still a hard battle. and you said you can take them out solo just by using lightning spell?

each of them have at least 800hp and they hit hard, high evasion n strong mdef , two attack from them can cause around 150 damage to you.
how do you explain that?
there's no way you heal while using a spell by solo

i face them at lv 20, weapon lv 5 and best equip. i do forget to rope knight set from kyle, georg n miakis. and 3 people of course active in battle

how exactly do you bet them? at what lv are you? equip? you're on normal play right?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

silvereyes47 wrote:
what level 99?!!!

I swear to God that i did it manually with fortune rune!

Simply i played a lot of hours,because i was experimenting with several characters to see who is the top damage dealer,etc. and then Frey turned level 99 at some point.
Actually i wanted to get all my characters at level 99,but i quit at level 70 because it was very boring....i'd like to get them to level 99 though,but there is no trick. You'll get 10k exp,even if you are level 1,and you have killed one of the 3 bosses of Ashtwal mountains

Btw,thank for reminding me,the name of the armor
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Of course I had to heal at some points in the battle but it's not like they deal so much damage that I have to heal every turn. I heal him using mega medicine

Equip the magic defense skill and level up a lot? Buy better equipment? There's some rare equipment you can get even at that early stage of the game

Make sure you unequip the queen's knights, see if they have good equipment for the prince to equip, you're playing solo, no need for anyone else to wear equipment, just sell them all to have money to buy rare equipment
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Sasarai10 wrote:
silvereyes47 wrote:
what level 99?!!!

I swear to God that i did it manually with fortune rune!

Simply i played a lot of hours,because i was experimenting with several characters to see who is the top damage dealer,etc. and then Frey turned level 99 at some point.
Actually i wanted to get all my characters at level 99,but i quit at level 70 because it was very boring....i'd like to get them to level 99 though,but there is no trick. You'll get 10k exp,even if you are level 1,and you have killed one of the 3 bosses of Ashtwal mountains

Btw,thank for reminding me,the name of the armor
so you mean the 3 bosses before dolph will always give an instant level up no matter how high your level is?
i'll try it but as far as i remembered there's no such thing
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

gildedtalon wrote:Of course I had to heal at some points in the battle but it's not like they deal so much damage that I have to heal every turn. I heal him using mega medicine

Equip the magic defense skill and level up a lot? Buy better equipment? There's some rare equipment you can get even at that early stage of the game
at that time dolph n childerich battle, at what lv are your prince? do you remember what armor do you equip?
mdef isn't necessary they'll never use magic
at lv 20 you only have a very limited spell n no magic absorb orb n mixed herb, no spell recharging

childerich will most likely counter every attack
around that max hp is around 200, so two atk from them rope 80% of your hp
how do you reduce their atk?

maybe a video proof will clear any doubt, do you have any?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

silvereyes47 wrote:
so you mean the 3 bosses before dolph will always give an instant level up no matter how high your level is?
i'll try it but as far as i remembered there's no such thing

No...i mean even if you are at a very low level the maximum points you'll ger will be 10k. Of course if you are level 70 or so,you won't get many exp. points.

silvereyes47 wrote:
gildedtalon wrote:Of course I had to heal at some points in the battle but it's not like they deal so much damage that I have to heal every turn. I heal him using mega medicine

at that time dolph n childerich battle, at what lv are your prince? do you remember what armor do you equip?
mdef isn't necessary they'll never use magic
at lv 20 you only have a very limited spell n no magic absorb orb n mixed herb, no spell recharging

childerich will most likely counter every attack
around that max hp is around 200, so two atk from them rope 80% of your hp
how do you reduce their atk?

maybe a video proof will clear any doubt, do you have any?

If you are in "new game+" mode,and you have a good armor from the previous game,like the Corruption Shell you mentioned,then Dolph & Childerich will be easy
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

No video, at least not from me, just level up a lot probably. They don't deal that much damage to me. I vaguely remember each one deals 30 damage so the Prince took 60 damage per turn. There's also one Dolph's attack that is less damaging dealing 20 damage. Dunno if this is correct or not
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

gildedtalon wrote:No video, at least not from me, just level up a lot probably. They don't deal that much damage to me. I vaguely remember each one deals 30 damage so the Prince took 60 damage per turn. There's also one Dolph's attack that is less damaging dealing 20 damage. Dunno if this is correct or not
WHAT!!!! ONLY 60 DAMAGE!!!
there must be something with the armor n level...
level C defence skill won't help much...

i will not doubt if this a NG+
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:No video, at least not from me, just level up a lot probably. They don't deal that much damage to me. I vaguely remember each one deals 30 damage so the Prince took 60 damage per turn. There's also one Dolph's attack that is less damaging dealing 20 damage. Dunno if this is correct or not

No you won't get any crazy level up from them,as far as i remember.

Did you fight them in a fresh game or in a new game+?