Who is your top damage dealer?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Who is your top damage dealer?

Post by Sasarai10 »

You can check this by dropping by on the statue room,after the last upgrade of your castle. He/she will be the left statue.

In my case,Mathias (lv 67) has inflicted the most damage (circa 44k). The enemy were 6 hairballs...Mathias attacked on the middle hairball of the front row,causing circa 3,4k damage. Then with his mow down ability,he hit another 3 of them so it went up to 3,4 X 4 = 13,6k...but then he went for another blow,causing a double critical hit in the first hairball (10k),and 3 critical hits of 6,6 + 6,6 + 7,2 = 20,4 to the other 3 hairballs.

So we have 13,6 + 10 + 20,4 = 44k total damage.

Mathias had Power,Double-Edge and Boost Rune,attached on him.

What about you guys? If you remember any details,please post them. I opened this topic to find out who is the true killing machine of this game...and by the way please be honest... :)
gildedtalon

Re: Who is your top damage dealer?

Post by gildedtalon »

It's always Lyon in all my playthroughs, she's a beast. I don't find the usefulness of rune slots until a year ago. My CD already broke three years ago :|
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Mine was Richard. I don't even like using him because he's so overpowered...
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sorry i was mistaken. The left statue is dedicated to the character who has inflicted the most damage during a BATTLE,not in one turn.

Nikisaur wrote:Mine was Richard. I don't even like using him because he's so overpowered...

Are you sure??? I have discovered that Lun is more powerful than Richard,because of her 3 free rune slots,and she can go for a double swing along with pierce,or even a multi-strike.

But by default,then yes Richard is one of the most powerful characters.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sasarai10 wrote:Sorry i was mistaken. The left statue is dedicated to the character who has inflicted the most damage during a BATTLE,not in one turn.
throughout the game, not just for one battle. Sorry if I'm wrong, coz lots of people outdps Lyon later in the game but the left statue is still Lyon
Sasarai10 wrote:Are you sure??? I have discovered that Lun is more powerful than Richard,because of her 3 free rune slots,and she can go for a double swing along with pierce,or even a multi-strike.
Most people who play Suikoden for the first time do not know the importance of rune slots. I always use Double-edged and Gale, powerful and easily obtainable
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:throughout the game, not just for one battle. Sorry if I'm wrong, coz lots of people outdps Lyon later in the game but the left statue is still Lyon

Most people who play Suikoden for the first time do not know the importance of rune slots. I always use Double-edged and Gale, powerful and easily obtainable

Hmmm i don't think so...because i haven't used Lun a lot,but Mathias' statue replaced with Lun's one,when she scored a 47-48k damage in one battle or so....

Yep,i didn't know the importance of rune slots too...i didn't know that if your character has 3 free rune slots,then his damage will be multiplied....
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Yes. Yes I am sure. Not everyone loads up every rune slot and uses every character.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Nikisaur wrote:Yes. Yes I am sure. Not everyone loads up every rune slot and uses every character.

I'm with the person in the Donald Duck Sailor hat. I don't personally find joy in getting 99 of each 'drop-only' rune. Or leveling people until they literally only get 1 or 2 experience from the hardest mobs in the game...

So in that sense, with a reasonable amount of party buildup, Yes, Richard is a fiend. He is also my Statue, but I don't shy from the dominance, I embrace his inner Yuber ;)
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

It's Millie's hat from Suikoden 2...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:

I'm with the person in the Donald Duck Sailor hat. I don't personally find joy in getting 99 of each 'drop-only' rune. Or leveling people until they literally only get 1 or 2 experience from the hardest mobs in the game...

So in that sense, with a reasonable amount of party buildup, Yes, Richard is a fiend. He is also my Statue, but I don't shy from the dominance, I embrace his inner Yuber ;)

I quit doing this in July...to tell the truth i got sick of getting my characters into level 99...it was quite boring. i stopped once i got them all into level 70. I thought i could succeed to do it...but in S5 the only way to get your characters into level 99 is via code.

PS. Nikisaur if it's you in this photo,then you look like exactly like Millie. Where is Bonaparte? :mrgreen:
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

My top damage dealer tends to be Frey. Just because he's in my party all the time.

I think, when it comes down to most powerful, Gavaya, Richard, Nakula, Zegai and Cathari will battle for dominance.

Gavaya and Nakula have three rune slots each, allowing them for some interesting combos. Richard has only one rune slot available, as the other one is taken by the Swallow Rune, but by Zeus' neard, his stats are incredible. Does he ever get hit by physical attacks? He either dodges, or counters them, followed by a flurry of attacks himself.
Cathari has two rune slots available and her stats are through the roof! Her weapon will only ever hit once though. Still, she's insanely powerful. Zegai, amazing stats, two rune slots and another contender.