Level 60 characters ranking

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Punkaiser

Re: Level 60 characters ranking

Post by Punkaiser »

Multi strike rate represents speed factor, don't you think ???

In ranking no favorite or personal thoughts as : boring character, cool outfit, pretty girl ..etc.. should meddle in. Actually I too favor chars with 3 runes slots over chars with unique runes but that's just our own style. My favorites surely are different than alot of players here as well but gotta stay neutral to make a fair evaluation, the ranking's goal is to show characters max potentials then we can rate characters based on that result just to avoid arguments of sort "my favorites are better than yours".

Even with this ranking done, no one has the right to force you to use all S grade characters in party, just use your favorites as much as you want, but it'd be wrong if you try to imply they are the best disregarding facts, for that reason, i prefer precise numbers, at least numbers state facts and they don't bend with words.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Absolutely, and I did say it was beyond the scope of your guide. :)

I appreciate this though. I think it will lead me to try some characters I overlooked before.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser,are you sure about Belcoot stats?

Today i had Belcoot at level 67 in my party,with a double-edge rune along with his falcon rune,,and a killer bunny appeared in the world map.

Then i used his Falcon Rune,and........

3k and then a 9k critical hit damage.....total damage 12k+!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

Btw,when his 3rd rune slot will open?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I don't really understand your question, what's wrong with him using falcon to deal 3k as first hit then double critical hit in second hit for 9k? It's all matter of character critical rate and multistrike rate kick in and its meant to happen from time to time , not all the time. He has very high critical rate and pretty high speed after gear anyway. Theorically, Miakis can swing 5 times and if each time she deal double critical her total score would be around 37k, but just in theory since the possibility for that to happen is like 0.000..don't know %. I'm sure your Belcoot can't do that every turn, and keep note that versus a weaker enemy, you tend to multistrike more often due to comparision between your character speed and target's speed which etablish multistrike rate.

No...He will always remain as 1 free rune slotter. The game will be seriously broken if Belcoot/Nikea/Richard get an extra rune slot or Killey can multistrike.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

No,he cannot do 12k damage every time...his falcon rune can do a damage about 3-4k most of the time...and sometimes can go for 6k. 12k is rare,and you must be lucky.

Also,his unite one with Zegai and Shoon,is probably the strongest one in the game. Sometimes it can go for 7k,plus you can use it whenever you like.

Surprisingly,Zegai (who is a worse "mage" than Belcoot),have 2 free rune slots available....and Belcoot can already break the game in the New Game+ mode...because i have equiped him with the windspun set in the previous game....so his defending skills was as great as the attacking ones... :P

PS: How many swings Shoon can get? Sometimes he can go for 4,but it's not that common...he has the same level with Belcoot,now,and still he gets only 2 most of the tiime.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sasarai10 wrote: Also,his unite one with Zegai and Shoon,is probably the strongest one in the game. Sometimes it can go for 7k,plus you can use it whenever you like.
You should try Isabel/Mathias and Prince/Miakis unite (must optimize Miakis liking point). Those two are the highest damage potential unites in game for 2 persons. Isabel/mathias can equip samurai set and often critical hit, adding 1.5x multiplier from unite even if you're unlucky the result will be 5.5-6k at least and up to 9999. Both prince and miakis critical and multistrike alot so in their 1.5x multiplier unite, damage output can range from 4.5k to 9999, But I believe that it's quite rare to see 4.5k case btw :)
Surprisingly,Zegai (who is a worse "mage" than Belcoot),have 2 free rune slots available....and Belcoot can already break the game in the New Game+ mode...because i have equiped him with the windspun set in the previous game....so his defending skills was as great as the attacking ones... :P
hmm S5 favors characters who can equip heavy armor quite too much, i gotta agree. Besides sun set and the crazy hard to obtain pale leather set, there's no other really good equipment set for the other M or L gear type character. Especially, Belcoot, he can tank well with winspun set and his parry rate, his skill set is almost perfect as S grade in both triple harmony and untold clarity. Hit hard with Falcon rune powered up by boost rune, it's kinda hard to see his bad point in one turn style battle.
PS: How many swings Shoon can get? Sometimes he can go for 4,but it's not that common...he has the same level with Belcoot,now,and still he gets only 2 most of the tiime.
Shoon max at 4 swings. If you want to see him multi hit more often, go find a really weak or slow monster to play with, uhm at late gaem may be the monsters are water fall where you recruit richard are still weak enough.

On my next run i'm gonna enjoy the game with weaker characters who have high critical and multistrike rate as :hazuki,lu,bergen, meroon,norma,sagiri,shigure, shoon may be but hes a late comer.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

-I haven't used a lot the Isabel/Mathias unite,because i rarely use Mathias in my battles....i'll give it a try.
On the other hand i have done many times the Frey/Miakis unite attack,as well the same one with Lyon instead of Miakis. Pretty good,i'd say...
But all of this it's a matter of taste,which characters do you prefer to use. Personally i always used a lot the gladiators trio,because of their personalities,and their fighting skills of course. :D

- Yes the monsters here are still weak,and in the Lordlake forest (where you saved Toma,in the beggining of the game),are so damn easy too.
Shoon has also got a permanent rune (fierce tiger),and he can shoot 2 or 3 beams,and if you are lucky he can go for 4k (if you have a fury rune attached on him) but the penalty is that he goes unbalanced after that.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

fury rune has the worst performance ever, 1.5x damage, reduced accuracy, fade away after a few turns. I always prefer boost rune for 2x damage and no downside untill 4th turn, but which battle can last until then???
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:fury rune has the worst performance ever, 1.5x damage, reduced accuracy, fade away after a few turns. I always prefer boost rune for 2x damage and no downside untill 4th turn, but which battle can last until then???

The bosses at ashtwal mountains and the sun rune reincarnation :mrgreen:

But i had the fury rune just for the sake of Nikea/Shoon unite attack....at least will he open up the 3rd rune slot? Or he's got only 1 free rune slot too? :(
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

those are all 1 turn battles too...ok, may be 2 or 3 if your characters aren't very well geared up.

you can check character rune slot availability here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929668-suik ... faqs/42818
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

even if you go to a 4th round vs the Sun Rune Incarnation, you probably have Lyon in the battle and can abuse the Creation magic for easy heals.

Shoon is stuck with 1 free rune slot. i thought we had a guide, but guess not!

you can actually increase the multi-hit chance by wearing light equipment vs heavy because the heavier/medium equipment have SPD penalties, so that's something to consider. it may not be practical to increase your chance to multi-hit by like .1% and have 70 less PDF, but there is a fun-factor for me to get more multi-hits to occur. note that a full Windspun Set actually increases SPD.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:those are all 1 turn battles too...ok, may be 2 or 3 if your characters aren't very well geared up.

you can check character rune slot availability here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929668-suik ... faqs/42818

Thanks a lot! I see Lu and Faylen don't have the 3rd rune slot opened up too. :(

Anyway,that's another very good unite attack with Shoon (Teen Rebelion)...and Faylen has a very good chance for hitting a critical hit,and has a 2 free rune slots,like Zegai. In fact Zegai's damage can be multiplied 6 times,but you have to wait a turn,in order to become fury with his wrath rune. Having him a boost rune and a double-edge one, he can do the job easily. Plus sometimes he can get a 2nd swing,but that's not common unfortunately.

KFCrispy wrote:
Shoon is stuck with 1 free rune slot. i thought we had a guide, but guess not!

Damn...Shoon is my favorite character in this game,and i use him a lot,once i finally recruit him...
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

If Lu had another slot she would rival Richard and hold an advantage for being Long range. Zegai hah, you can count on him with critical hit but since he's too slow, probably we can only see him multi hit on much weaker monsters.
KFCrispy wrote:i thought we had a guide, but guess not!
It's not like I want to push you guys to work but most people are forgetting about gameplay and concentrating more into other side aspects, at this rate, will we ever have a rune list guide or rune slot guide? well, no stats growth guide neither.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Zegai is too slow,that's true. But who cares,if his level is almost 70... :wink:

Now about L-range attackers.....Isato,Urda and Killey are the best,because they have 3 free rune slots....but the bad thing,is that they get only one shot :x
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I can take L-ranged people getting only one shot, because rapid-fire archers gets pretty ridiculous. Unless they use auto-crossbows.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.