Level 60 characters ranking

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Level 60 characters ranking

Post by KFCrispy »

Punkaiser, the rune list is in the giant Runes database. http://suikosource.com/runes/
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Thanks, I read rune database from time to time, but didn't know how to access to this link where we can separate the list to see which suikoden got which runes.

I always have to browse the other way around :
http://www.suikosource.com/runes/list/?rune_id=47
to check which rune is presented in which suikodens.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

use the filter section that lets you pick by game
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sasarai10 wrote:Zegai is too slow,that's true. But who cares,if his level is almost 70... :wink:
Now about L-range attackers.....Isato,Urda and Killey are the best,because they have 3 free rune slots....but the bad thing,is that they get only one shot :x
I notice that all L ranger have a very high critical rate, may be it's to make up for the loss of hits.Zegai...even if you pump him to 99 i doubt he could exceed 180 speed which is just the average threshold so better not to keep up the hope seeing him multi strike so often.
I can take L-ranged people getting only one shot, because rapid-fire archers gets pretty ridiculous. Unless they use auto-crossbows.
heh, we got a gunner as cathari here, i wish she had a machine gun instead of the rifle. Lu uses crossbow and able to multi hit while Faylen who also has a crossbow but can't do that.
Gantetsu86

Post by Gantetsu86 »

Actually Faylen doesnt use a crossbow, she uses what i would call a giant shuriken.
What is today but yesterdays tomorrow?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Erh...so my memories serve me wrong, i wonder why I always think of her using crossbow.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:
I notice that all L ranger have a very high critical rate, may be it's to make up for the loss of hits.Zegai...even if you pump him to 99 i doubt he could exceed 180 speed which is just the average threshold so better not to keep up the hope seeing him multi strike so often.

I don't understand why you dislike Zegai because he is too slow....

He has 2 free rune slots,and if you didn't dislike fury rune,he could go up for 6X damage...after 1 turn of course...after all,the enemies will be very weak after a certain level...and if he is equipped with heavy armor,then who cares if he will lose 10 HP points?

I suppose you dislike Galleon too...correct? :?:
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Yes , if you're asking for personal thoughts. Zegai can deal good one blow damage but because of his low speed, he hardly can swing for 2nd strike, same thing for all other low speed characters. In order to archive 6x damage, he needs to waste one turn while it's mentionned many times that suikoden 2,3,4,5 are all one turn battle games, wasting the first turn is a huge drawback. Well, if you look at Kyle and use him with magic sword, he even reach 11.2x damage upon casting water magic sword but he was never mentionned as the strongest character due to same reason, he needs to waste the first turn to buff himself.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Actually,are one turn games after a CERTAIN point of the game,and level....you cannot beat up the ice dragon (probably the most difficult suikoden ever) from S3,in one turn whilst your characters are level 55 or so... :)

Kyle can blow 11.2X damage with magic sword????? :shock:

I couldn't except that magic swords could be THAT powerful....i thought they were just more powerful from simple physical attacks...but not THAT powerful
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sasarai10 wrote:you cannot beat up the ice dragon (probably the most difficult suikoden ever) from S3,in one turn whilst your characters are level 55 or so... :)
You wanna see me do that? I will need just 3 party members plus Chris as FC to destroy the dragon and all the shards.
If the goal is to kill only the dragon, then I would need just Chris as FC plus 2 other members.
Sasarai10 wrote:Kyle can blow 11.2X damage with magic sword????? :shock:

I couldn't except that magic swords could be THAT powerful....i thought they were just more powerful from simple physical attacks...but not THAT powerful
its usefulness varies per character since it depends on character element affinity+ magic sword skill set + number of rune slots ...
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7887
KFC made an analysis about it if you're interested.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:
You wanna see me do that? I will need just 3 party members plus Chris as FC to accomplish this task.

its usefulness varies per character since it depends on character element affinity+ magic sword skill set + number of rune slots ...
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7887
KFC made an analysis about it if you're interested.

- I would definetely,would like to see that! I used 6 party members but still it was a pain in the ass.... :x :x :x

- Hmmm i see....Roog & Rahal could be good sword mages,but they've got no Zen Sword epic
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I will comeback to S3 this weekend, just wait a bit.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

OK man....good luck then! :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

pls make a topic in the Suikoden III section when you have the vid :)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Would be nice if we don't have to rely on luck to finish the water dragon in one turn
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account