Eresh dungeon

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

Eresh dungeon

Post by gildedtalon »

That place is really annoying and also home to the hardest boss in the game imo. How do you tackle him?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Eresh dungeon

Post by KFCrispy »

Area: i do often have to leave the area because my bag gets full from all the chests and common drops... so i usually do it in 2 or 3 phases. i mean the first time you enter will be the toughest until the characters have leveled up. if you brought Murad as support you can easily stick around since you'll keep healing. there isn't really anything special i do. Circle and True Men Formation special attacks are still just as viable.

Boss: hmmm i would say like any other boss because if you bring a powerhouse team you can just use your most powerful attacks, but it can easy demolish a front-liner who is using Power/Double-Edge. so a safer strategy is to have a front-line tank to take all the physical hits. i also always like the Circle Formation attack because it's extremely safe.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

yea, i also set up all chars with boost and double strikes/power since most of them only have 2 rune slots at that low level. But it should be strong enough to use that cross formation attack to deal with regular battles,
In boss battle use tiger or striking arrow formation attack to one hit him :lol: , well, formation attack does critical hit , you know.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

This is how I have it written up in my walkthrough:

I wasn't joking. Shepcesska really is difficult. She will either attack with
Soaring Bolt Lightning magic or a powerful physical attack. Even characters
with medium defense can be killed in one of her physical attacks. The good
new is that she always targets the front line with this, allowing you to
place Belcoot, Dinn, Isabel or another heavy defender there to absorb the
damage. Without someone to tank the physical attacks, this battle can get
rough.

Shepcesska will also frequently use Lightning Magic that can stun your
characters. This can make it very difficult to heal properly.

The key here is to have a strong fighter in the first slot of the battle
party and more than one person who can heal. I recommend a character
wielding a Flowing Rune, and another with a Shield Rune for this.

She has very high Physical and Magic defense and a good amount for HP, but
Shield magic can help overcome this. Battle Oath raises your party's
physical damage and Battlefield raises magic damage allowing you to shorten
this battle considerably. The level leading up to this boss was long, so the
longer this battle continues, the more dangerous it becomes.

In the first two rounds, concentrate on getting Clay Guardian, Battle Oath,
and Battlefield cast, while the person with the Flowing Rune heals. The
Cyclone Rune can help here too, but Shining Wind will only deal about 300
damage per casting, making it less effective here than in other places.

Rewards: Sacred Oath Epic Skill, Cyclone Piece, Mother Earth Piece
33,000 potch 150 party SP

---------

I cannot really recommend suicide runes like Power and Double-Edge for this, especially if you are having trouble. Though, you can give a Firefly Rune to someone like Galleon or Isabel, and use suicide runes on your other characters. Other than that, what Punkaiser and KFC said is viable too, it just depends on your own play style.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

If you want to blitz easily through the area, use a formation with only one person at the front, and everyone else behind them. Put Raven in the front, his rune should protect him from most enemy attacks.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hey man,use the cross formation and place Galleon on the front,and attach him a Strike Back (or sth like that) Rune. He is a great guard,and if he has his weapon at level 12,and his attack skill at B he could be very useful to take care of the monsters especially the skeletons (beware of the dancing flames attack,because he has poor magic def.)

And of course have your bag full of medicines.

Nikisaur wrote:If you want to blitz easily through the area, use a formation with only one person at the front, and everyone else behind them. Put Raven in the front, his rune should protect him from most enemy attacks.

Raven could be useful at avoiding these eye-things. So it's better to place him to the sides of the cross.

Although i haven't reach that boss yet...but Eresh dungeon is a great training place,and it's a good chance to have all your characters at least level 40-42 8)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hello again...i've just won the boss in Eresh dungeon...it wasn't that difficult,i won it by the first time. :)

I had the cross formation,with Galleon in front,and back to Galleon were Miakis,Eresh and Zerase (in that order). Next to Miakis were Prince on the left,and Richard on the right.

First of all,all your characters should be over level 45..then equip Galleon with a heavy armor equipment,so Galleon will lose about after 3 turns,from Shepcesska's physical attack. Then equip Zerase with a water rune to do the healing.

And during the fight,on the 1st round use Miakis' 3rd Shield Rune spell to boost magic attacks,and use physical attacks from Galleon,Richard and Prince. Use Eresh' Empty world (although it will cause a minimum damage to your allies),and Zerase's Meteor shower.

Then on the next rounds use Prince and Miakis unite attack,Galleon's and Richard's physical attacks,Eresh' Pale Gate spells. And Zerase's Kidness rain after Shepcesska's magic attack,and her Star Rune spells,after Shepcesska physical attack...do this till you win :wink:
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Sasarai10 wrote: Raven could be useful at avoiding these eye-things. So it's better to place him to the sides of the cross.
Eye things? I haven't played in a while but I remember the majority of enemies were skeleton soldiers that pretty much just went for a physical attack to the front row. I just focused all my attacks on any other enemies and left those ones till last. It worked perfectly, so I disagree that having him on the side is "better".
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nikisaur wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote: Raven could be useful at avoiding these eye-things. So it's better to place him to the sides of the cross.
Eye things? I haven't played in a while but I remember the majority of enemies were skeleton soldiers that pretty much just went for a physical attack to the front row. I just focused all my attacks on any other enemies and left those ones till last. It worked perfectly, so I disagree that having him on the side is "better".

Some green creatures with a red eye...i don't remember their names
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Millioneyes. or maybe Billioneyes.

If memory serves they drop Magical Rune pieces, so they are good to farm.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I'm a bit lost, why are you guys arguing about position for Raven and Galeon? or my question is why would we need more than one tank in a party?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:I'm a bit lost, why are you guys arguing about position for Raven and Galeon? or my question is why would we need more than one tank in a party?

Uh,i think Raven is not a tank. Good tanks are Galleon and Genoh,but the bad thing with Genoh is that he needs 2 blocks,and you don't have a lot of formations available since he is a monster. So Galleon is the best choice.

Anyway,as you said one tank is enough. And the position of the tank character should be of course at the front of the party.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

well, i consider whoever can take the hits are tank, there's no need for a character to fit the king kong stereotype to be one. Raven is the best masochist out there to take physical attack so he's a tank, and that might be the only role he's good at.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Punkaiser wrote:I'm a bit lost, why are you guys arguing about position for Raven and Galeon? or my question is why would we need more than one tank in a party?
As stated, Raven is not a tank. His RUNE however, is very useful. It means that in dungeons he gets 100% chance to dodge physical attacks. If he is the only character in the front row (some formations put one character in front of all of the rest) Then he will dodge EVERY SINGLE physical attack, resulting in no damage to your party at all. He can still get hit by magical attacks, but the majority of the monsters in there are Skeleton Soldier types. Having your party take no damage at all is really handy for training in the area.

Also, I'm not arguing. Someone asked about the dungeon and I replied with what I found made the area reeeeeally easy. Then Sasarai came in saying his way was better, disregarding my strategy. I don't think there is a 'better' way, using Raven at the front worked like a charm, and that's all I'm stating.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nikisaur wrote:
Also, I'm not arguing. Someone asked about the dungeon and I replied with what I found made the area reeeeeally easy. Then Sasarai came in saying his way was better, disregarding my strategy. I don't think there is a 'better' way, using Raven at the front worked like a charm, and that's all I'm stating.

Sorry then :)

I haven't used Raven on the front,but there are still non-physical attacks like the one from million-eyes with the laser beam or the dancing flames by the skeletons.