Playing Suikoden V again.

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
SuikoMJM

Playing Suikoden V again.

Post by SuikoMJM »

Lots and lots of scenes. Lots of scenes. More than I remember. Weird. Glad I enjoy the story. I guess waiting three years refreshes some things. Anybody currently giving this game a run through? Recently? Plan to?

I hate the direction that this series has gone in. I should be enjoying Suikoden VII right now, let alone VI. So many unfulfilled stories. I know what happened to the original author and all, but it's just too good of a world to be left alone like this. Very frustrating. V was a good installment, despite that too.

Anyway, just thought I'd take a pulse. Maybe I'll work on a few contributions. I always document stuff when I play games, but it's mostly personal use. Things are pretty well documented already, but there's still a few unfinished things that I certainly thought would have been done by now. We'll see what happens.
Last edited by SuikoMJM on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belle

Re: I am playing this game again.

Post by Belle »

I recently fired up a game about a month ago. Collected all 108 (with Euram Barows), stopped short of the liberation of Sol-Falena, and haven't had the desire to go back to it. Oddly enough, I occasionally get tempted to pull out my copy of Suikoden I.

This sounds more like general Suikoden discussion btw.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

You're right. Guess I just gravitate to the forum of the game that I'm currently playing. I always go for Eresh myself, but only because of the optional dungeon. After all this time, I've never fleshed out a New Game + file, but I imagine I'd go with Euram there. Seems more appropriate to go with him anyway.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well Punkaiser pointed out unite attacks seem to critical hit.... i was curious how much the damage changes-- is it always 1x, 2x the expected damage or more like it varies greatly taking into account the characters' chances to miss, multi-strike, and critical per strike?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

SuikoMJM wrote:Lots and lots of scenes. Lots of scenes. More than I remember. Weird. Glad I enjoy the story. I guess waiting three years refreshes some things. Anybody currently giving this game a run through? Recently? Plan to?
What are you talking about? You put this topic in the General Discussion. Is it about Suikoden in some way? Or other video games? Either way you're in the wrong category. I don't even know where to put it and it doesn't actually seem to be about much of anything so I'll just lock it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

aw don't gotta be so strict! i moved the topic over...
i'm also curious about the claim that some have made that Corruption Shell decreases your current MP over time.... they say they just stand around for a while in HQ and see they've lost some MP.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Oppenheimer wrote:
SuikoMJM wrote:Lots and lots of scenes. Lots of scenes. More than I remember. Weird. Glad I enjoy the story. I guess waiting three years refreshes some things. Anybody currently giving this game a run through? Recently? Plan to?
What are you talking about? You put this topic in the General Discussion. Is it about Suikoden in some way? Or other video games? Either way you're in the wrong category. I don't even know where to put it and it doesn't actually seem to be about much of anything so I'll just lock it.
It was first in the Suikoden V section, so if you change the title I guess people would know what it's about, now that the location of the thread has been changed.
SuikoMJM

Re: Playing Suikoden V again.

Post by SuikoMJM »

Title edited.

We'll see what happens. I thought I might use this thread to post any findings, but I'm not sure yet. I am doing a word for word translation of the French Liking Points guide by just matching things up. I'm through Rainwall and at Raftleet right now. We already have a pretty complete one up to the point of the Sacred Games though, so not too much new ground yet. I'll post that much when it's complete.

I'm curious about unites as well. I overlooked a lot of those when I first played the game.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well who moved it out of the Suikoden V section? and why wasn't it moved into the General Suikoden section into the generic general section?

There's strict and then there's promoting chaos *mutters to self and leaves thread*
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 36&t=12808 < This is what I was really looking for, I think. If it would please Oppenheimer to lock this thread, then order shall be restored. If I have any new findings on V, I'll start a new thread in the V game play section or just contribute to the existing threads.

Just watched a few of Punkaiser's youtube videos too. Thanks for referring me to him. Awesome stuff. Not sure whether to call those critical hits, or just the high end of damage variance. Like the upper end of a range. I've been using Sworn Protector a lot throughout the game with Prince and Lyon, and I've found the damage to be a little inconsistent. I'll keep an eye on it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Opp! i said i had moved it.....
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sorry to add to the chaos but, shouldn't this be in the Suiko V gameplay forum? With it being notes on SuikoMJM's playing of the game and all.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Well that's where it was originally posted, not sure why it was moved in the first place.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Okay I'ma move it back there, I'll leave a shadow topic here so if Op or KFC disagree they'll notice and can move it back to wherever they feel is best.
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Haha. Sorry about this.

Small progress, just recruited Lucretia and battled Luger's fleet.