Rune point glitch..

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Maximz

Rune point glitch..

Post by Maximz »

ok this is randomly happening to me now and its getting a bit annoying.
Basically at random points in the game (so far after speaking with the guy in sauronix castle and now in the twilight ruins after getting killey) members of my party lose 1 point of magic without me using it (its appearing as if i used it).
for instance Shigure has a rage rune and rage sword rune equiped normally its
x7
x5
x2
x1
but now its
x6
x4
x2
x0 as if i used them but i only used 1 from the x7 so i should still have final flame
and then prince loses 1 in his level 2 spell...i have no idea what is causing this
either this is a glitch or shigure or someone in my party has something thats making me lose magic points

i've detachted the Rage Sword rune from him, rested in the inn roughly an hour later of doing nothing same thing happens

i recently reached the point where my army fled to dwarf caves and i was setting up my gear for all my characters before leaving to go to gordius so now my party is prince, roog,rahal,shigure,levi,richard,egbert,murad. then it happened again shigure lost all those points as stated above, prince lost none, richard lost 1 in his lvl two i havent done any battles since all im doing is buying stuff and equiping runes. i got annoyed now and i unequiped the corruption shell that i had on shigure apparently x6 x4 x2 is his default points and the corruption shell was giving him those extra 1 points so now im re-equiping him with the fire-dragon armor and put the corruption shell in storage. if this continues is there anything else that could be causing it?
Maximz

Re: Rune point glitch..

Post by Maximz »

ok after war battle 9 the recapture of the castle i went around for awhile in my castle doing various things handing in old book of vol 13, handing rania a sound set, placing some plants,painting and statues around the base checking the SoD list etc... my party at the time is Prince, Shigure,Levi,Richard,Georg,Zweig, Egbert. after all that time Shigure lost 1 point in his lvl 3, and Levi lost one point in his lvl 2, Richard also lost a point in his level 2 (by lost a point i mean they look like they were used when i have yet to used them) so...what could possibly be causing this? or this a game glitch?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

hmm, never heard of this glitch before. Are the points actually disappearing, or is it just visual and you can still use them if you go into a battle?
Maximz

Post by Maximz »

they dont disappear as in permantly but more in the sense of the game registers it as if i used it and i cant use it in battle unless i recovered those points via the same way you normally would after using it like going to the inn and resting. its really werid and happens to almost anyone in my party which is really weird i was assuming it was an armor but i dont see an armor that can be causing it >.>
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

hmm, my first inclination is to say it's a hidden fatigue counter, wherein you lose spells slowly over time if you don't rest up regularly, but I honestly don't know.
Maximz

Post by Maximz »

hmmm that sounds possible =/
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

There is no hidden fatigue counter. The "glitch" is likely due to you de- equipping and re- equipping items and skills. The "Magic" skill raises magic power, and thus your MP, as that is directly based on the Magic stat. But, your usable MP will not refill immediately, you need to stay at an inn first. Same with de- equipping, your max MP will fall, deleting some MP along with it, even if you have not used it. Any item that has a +MAG effect can raise your MP substantially, if it takes you over a particular threshold. So, even if your MAG stat is going up or down 10 points, that can still account for the figures you provided in the opening post.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

Actually I think I figured out what is causing this. I have noticed this happening on mine as well. However it is only happening to my people who are wearing a Corruption Shell. I wasn't too sure on this until after I gave Miakis one of these. Before I never saw any of her magic points drop off. After equipping it I noticed it started to happen. Resting at an Inn will restore the magic points. But after a while they seem to lose 1 spell level. Yes I have rested at an Inn, done nothing new for my characters and they still drop a spell level. No leveling, no new equips no nothing but just standing around the castle like an idiot.
Maximz

Post by Maximz »

sorry for reviving the thread i've been a bit busy lately with work and what not and never took the time to check back.

@Rooks please if you read the top post you'll see i started a new sentence and said "i've detachted the Rage Sword rune from him, rested in the inn roughly an hour later of doing nothing same thing happens" i did NOTHING for an hour other then leave the game on after detaching the rune and he lost a point. Later on i wanted to test this further and i noticed after leaving the game on for a few hours n my characters just standing there doing nothing he would lose 1 point in every rune lvl.

@Jam-Jul Lison as i stated in my first post "i got annoyed now and i unequiped the corruption shell that i had on shigure apparently x6 x4 x2 is his default points and the corruption shell was giving him those extra 1 points so now im re-equiping him with the fire-dragon armor and put the corruption shell in storage" <--- i did that and he still lost points along with other people in my party who were not even wearing the corruption shell.

honestly what eldrasidar had said sounds legit because no matter how i look at it, it only happens when i sidetrack for over an hour and then come back and im like oh...wtf O.o thats odd i didnt even use a spell yet. i was prepped for a battle in the sindar ruins and i like put the controller down for an hour to go watch some anime, came back and saw my strongest spells missing a point and i save those for boss battles so i was like O.o wutttt?

i can tell you right now its not because something is being de-equipped or equipped because its happening after about an hour or more of me doing nothing, its not the corruption shell because i had taken it off and put it in storage and it still happened. right now the only legit sounding thing is its a fatigue system that no one has noticed till now because u normally dont leave your character standing on the screen doing nothing for such lengthy periods, your normally running around doing something changing stats and what not all while resting often.

also just want to say sorry for necro'ing a thread i just felt that i had to reply to these posts since i havent seen them till now
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Digging through old discussions... Rooks was correct. You can test yourself by actually not doing anything for hours, and nothing will happen to your party's MP. But there are so many factors in MP in this game that it's hard to notice when you affect it. Not only do skills and equipment affect it, but formations! No, there is no fatigue mechanic for MP, sorry.