Quick Area Boss Battles.

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
brightshieldrune

Quick Area Boss Battles.

Post by brightshieldrune »

I tried this out because i got bored and frustrated with waiting every 30-60 mins for an area boss battle to happen.

Basically i fought an area boss anywhere in suikoden 5 and straight after that I saved the game.

I then reset the game and loaded it back up and went back to the same area where i fought the area boss battle....2nd fight in...boss battle again :D ....it's probably been done before but just thought i would add it incase people got infuriated waiting every 30-60 mins like me. I did this on my slim ps2, dunno if this works on older ps2 models or ps3.
Antimatzist

Re: Quick Area Boss Battles.

Post by Antimatzist »

I never had problems with fighting Area Bosses. I never thought they would respawn after a certain time, but come randomly like normal battles?
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Seems to be the case with those I fought. Seems random. If it's a time-based respawn, the time window is remarkably short.
brightshieldrune

Post by brightshieldrune »

Maybe it's just me then....i always struggled with fighting area bosses. Even in the playthrough at the moment it usually takes a long time for area boss battles to respawn, i usually only get to fight about 2 or 3 max every hour, where as when i just reset after fighting an area boss and saving it respawns so much quicker. I tried last night and fought about 7-8 inside half hour!!!!! it's a great way to get the orb pieces early during the game
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's been some time since Iplayed the game, but I really never had a problem. I remember every 6th fight in Ashtwal Mountains being Nemesis.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I fought those "bosses" rather often, I think every 10 fight or something like that.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this trick was mentioned for farming Blood Armors in that Eresh dungeon, so there's been lots of confirmation about it.
and of course, for the final area you can defeat all the forced boss battles and then return to Luserina, reorganize the party (which provides full recovery as well), and repeat, though you still will be waiting ~30 minutes for the area boss to reactivate.