Prosperity Equipment Set Glitch in UK Version?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Humphrey Mintz
Location: Rotherham, England. Originally Kirkcaldy, Scotland.

Prosperity Equipment Set Glitch in UK Version?

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

Hi everyone. I'm replaying Suikoden V and I wanted to farm money. I read a guide on this, though, and it says that in the NA version of the game, the prosperity equipment set is glitched and needs to be divided amongst all party members to take effect. I couldn't find out if this had been fixed in the UK version, so... anyone know? Thanks in advance.
"Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King" - Zombie, Suikoden

"All this killing... in front of a children!" - Mathiu Silverburg, Suikoden

"ᵍËMᵐʰ" - Futch, Suikoden II
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Prosperity Equipment Set Glitch in UK Version?

Post by KFCrispy »

i think that explanation is wrong--Prosperity Set is not glitched and works only when it's all equipped to 1 character, but NOT using a full Prosperity Set actually has a greater effect on the potch multiplier.
Prosperity equipment all raise potch gained from battle, so having as many pieces equipped as possible will greatly increase the money you gain... but if you have a full Prosperity Set equipped on 1 character, your potch multiplier becomes fixed at 2.0, which is less than wearing the incomplete set + a ton of Prosperity Rings. it'll definitely work the same way in other versions.
Humphrey Mintz

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

KFCrispy wrote:i think that explanation is wrong--Prosperity Set is not glitched and works only when it's all equipped to 1 character, but NOT using a full Prosperity Set actually has a greater effect on the potch multiplier.
Prosperity equipment all raise potch gained from battle, so having as many pieces equipped as possible will greatly increase the money you gain... but if you have a full Prosperity Set equipped on 1 character, your potch multiplier becomes fixed at 2.0, which is less than wearing the incomplete set + a ton of Prosperity Rings. it'll definitely work the same way in other versions.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up!! I just thought it would be better to have the set on just one character in the back row so that the rest of my characters could have better defense but if the potch gained is increase if the set is split amongst all my characters then I'll do that. Thanks again. =]

Edit 1: Oh yeah sorry to bother you again but would it work in the same way if my back row character were to wear, say just the Prosperity Tunic, Armband and Sandles and then another character could wear the Prosperity Hat? And then every character had 4 Prosperity Rings? It wouldn't be fixed at 2.0 then? Thanks.

Edit 2: Oh and sorry to send so many questions at once but figured I'd ask now before you've replied so that you don't need to reply as many times, where would be the best place to farm for potch do you think? Thanks!!

- please edit previous posts as shown above rather than double posting - Oppenheimer
"Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King" - Zombie, Suikoden

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for your "Edit 1" question, that's exactly what an incomplete Prosperity Set is, so it works.

for Edit 2, I don't know the answer to that, but in general you don't want to spend more than 1 turn fighting a tough enemy and having to manage your HP/MP unless the payoff is a lot better... i suspect the very last area in the game is probably the absolute best place, and the optional areas like Big Hole and Waterfall Basin might have better payouts than normal areas (unless it was designed to be more challenge for less reward, which is possible).
Humphrey Mintz

Post by Humphrey Mintz »

Ah, thanks a lot!! Sorry for the multiple posts as well. This is the first forum I've ever used really so I'll try my best to keep posts to a minimum from now on. =]