Josephine recruitment dialogue

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Sheba

Josephine recruitment dialogue

Post by Sheba »

So here's the deal: Josephine is my favourite character in Suikoden V, which means I naturally recruit her early with Sialeeds. However, I've heard that recruiting her late with Shula is supposed to net you a really fun scene, but all walkthrough videos recruit her early, so I have no means of seeing that scene anytime soon. Does someone have at least the dialogue somewhere? I'd really appreciate it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Josephine recruitment dialogue

Post by KFCrispy »

i'll check if i have a current save where i can recruit her late. i started V again and can recruit her late but it would be a while before i get to that point in the game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I don't have a save before recruiting Shula--that is the only time you can bring Shula to meet Josephine.

If you take Sharmista and Nifsara, you get this dialogue. If you don't take Nifsara, her lines are simply skipped.
Flashy Woman: Eek!
Shar--

I-I mean, nothing! Nothing at all!

Sharmista: ... Yuma, what are you doing here?

Nifsara: What?! This girl is Yuma?!

Flashy Woman: M-My name is "Josephine"! You may address me as such, and ONLY address me as such!
Yuma's such a vile, uncultured name!

Nifsara: Hey! She must be Yuma!
She sounds exactly like her!

Sharmista: The Commander has been worried.
Let's go.

Josephine: Commander? Who, and where, is thie Commander? I've never heard of any "Commander"!

Sharmista: Your Highness, this girl is actually named "Yuma." She's the Commander's younger sister.
She ran away from home not that long ago. I can't believe she was actually in Falena all this time!

Josephine: Y-You're mistaken! Listen to what I'm saying! I am a FASHION DIVA! Oh, you're always like this, Shar--

Sharmista: "Always like this," huh?

Josephine: ...I-I mean...

Sharmista: The Commander is in Prince <name>'s castle. Would you like to go there?

Josephine: Grr...
Fine! You want me to go, right? Will that make you happy?!
I have ONE condtion, though! You must call me "Josephine"! If you don't, then no deal!

Sharmista: Very well...
Yuma.

Josephine: Did you EVEN listen to what I said?!

Sharmista: I apologize for the inconvenience, but I must take Yuma back to <Ceras Lake> Castle.

Josephine: It's "Josephine"! JO-SE-PHINE!
Bah, do whatever you want!

If you take only Nifsara, you won't recruit Josephine.
Flashy Woman: Eek!
Nif--

Nifsara: Huh?

Recruit with Sialeeds in royal gown
Flashy Woman: Huh?!

Hmm...

Sialeeds: Huh?
What are you looking at?

Flashy Woman: You, there!
Who tailored your outfit?!

Sialeeds: This? I designed it myself and told the tailor how I wanted it made. Why do you want to know?

Flashy Woman: By youself?!

Ah! It is as if a storm cloud of sanity has opened up from the heavens above!

FINALLY! Someone who carries a fashion sense that matches my own high cultural sensibilities!
I've been waiting to meet someone like you! You, my good lady, are a FASHION DIVA!

Sialeeds: A...fashion diva? I've been called many things in life, but THAT'S a new one!

Flashy Woman: My name is Josephine. I fancy myself a fashion diva as well.
I deem you worthy to be my rival, fellow fashion diva! Consider it an honor!

Sialeeds: Okaaaaaay...

Josephine: So! Tell me, fellow fashion diva! What shall be our next destination?

Sialeeds: "Our" next destination? You're coming, too?

Josephine: Of course! We should stay as close together as possible, so we may inspire each other to even greater heights!

Sialeeds: Hmmm... Sure, why not?
<Prince>, what do you think?

-option 1-
Prince: I guess that's all right.

Josephine: You GUESS that's all right?!
You've got a LOT of nerve for someone with no fashion sense to speak of!
I'm not asking for permission from someone who looks like one of those dirty Grassies dressed him!
You should just shut up and accept your good fortune! You should be honored to travel with TWO fashion divas!

-option 2-
Prince: One "diva" is enough...

Josephine: How DARE you disrespect a fashion diva! You've got a LOT of nerve for someone with no fashion sense to speak of!
I'm not asking for permission from someone who looks like one of those dirty Grassies dressed him!
You should just shut up and accept your good fortune! You should be honored to travel with TWO fashion divas!

One more thing I tried with my save--I had used Codebreaker to bring in Sialeeds, but this code I used leaves Sialeeds is in her alternate blue outfit, which doesn't appeal to Josephine.

LAST THING - if you recruited Josephine with Sialeeds, can you take Shula, or at least Nifsara & Sharmista, to Josephine in your HQ to get a scene? I think there is a scene like that, but I can't verify it from my saves or my current game, where I'm planning on recruiting her with Shula.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There is definitely a scene but I think it's triggered without you even having to have Josephine in your party. When it happens I remember her coming down the stairs near the teleportation area when Shula spots her. Can't remember how it's triggered though.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I remember that too. I think it's triggered just by having recruited Shula and returning to your castle. Blinking mirror obviously returns you to market area. Not sure if entering the castle by foot automatically takes you to the market for the scene or if you need to enter the area yourself for the trigger.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

The scene where Josephine (recruited earlier with Sialeeds) and Shula is automatic. After the main story event where you recruit Shula and company, they join your party and ask to be taken to Ceras castle.

If you blink there, the scene automatically triggers as soon as loading is done, it happens in the castle interior, 1st floor.

If you walk back to the castle from Yashuna, then the scene takes place outside. Again, it is triggered as soon as the loading is complete.

After the scene, Shula and company leave your party.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i should take my old save one more step and see if that scene w/Shula plays when i recruit Josephine with Sharmista... my guess would be it does.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

How are you going to do that? The scene with Shula plays automatically as you take him to the castle if she's recruited, if you get her with Sharmista you will already have passed that point by virtue of having Sharmista.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sheba

Post by Sheba »

Thanks so much! I was looking for that scene for so long! I also didn't know that Josephine still joined even if you said "no" with Sialeeds in the party (I'm always too much of a coward to tell people "no", out of fear that they won't join then...).

It would be really interesting to see if she gets a different scene with Shula when she's recruited with Sharmista and Nifsara, though.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:How are you going to do that? The scene with Shula plays automatically as you take him to the castle if she's recruited, if you get her with Sharmista you will already have passed that point by virtue of having Sharmista.
well i am guessing there would be some scene where Shula walks into the area when you appear back in HQ after recruiting her. i'll find out tonight..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i was correct! if you recruit Josephine with Sharmista, when you return to HQ there will be a scene between Shula and Josephine. i blinked back the HQ loaded with Shula and Josephine (and Prince) standing near the center area.

the dialogue is probably exactly the same as if you took Shula to meet her in Haud, but i don't remember the Haud lines and will have to get there in my new game. I think it's pretty strange, since Sharmista just went through pretty much the same lines with her just before.

After Josephine is recruited by using Sharmista; upon returning to HQ
Shula: Hello Yuma.
Josephine: Eek! Bro--
Shula: Hmm?
Josephine: I-I mean, nothing! Nothing at all!
Shula: ...Yuma, what are you doing here?
Josephine: M-My name is "Josephine"! You may address me as such, and ONLY address me as such!
Shula: You're still spouting this nonsense? What a brat of a little sister you are.
Josephine: What?! Whose little sister?! Who are you talking about? I don't have the faintest idea!
Shula: I must apologize, Prince <name>. This is actually my little sister, Yuma.
It shames me to admit it, but she fled from home a little while back. I never suspected that she would be in Falena...
I am sorry for the trouble my... eccentric sister has caused.
Josephine: How rude! "Eccentric," indeed! I am a FASHION DIVA!
Shula: Yuma!
Josephine: What?!
Shula: You're just fortunate nobody realized who you are...
If word got out that you're the eldest daughter of the house of Valya, you'd be a prime kidnapping target!
If you can't even see that, then "eccentric sister" is too kind for you! "Blithering idiot" is more like it.
Josephine: Ah...
Gr...
Waah!!! You're such a mean brother! Why'd you have to say it like that?!
Waaaa-aaaaaaaah!! (yes that's the exact number of a's....)
<at this point, Josephine runs off the screen>
Shula: Hmph... At least she has the common sense not to run outside.
I'm sorry. Thank you for watching after my little sister.
<Josephine left the party> message
Sheba

Post by Sheba »

Is that the same scene you get when you recruit her early on with Sialeeds and then you return with Shula to your HQ later? It seems pretty familiar. I'll have a look into this as soon as possible - I'm currently re-playing Suikoden V and recruited Josephine early on, but I'm only at Lelcar so far, so it might be a bit until I get Shula.
Thank you for checking, though! It's so nice to have all the scenes in one place!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, i picked my game back up! surprisingly, the dialogue you get when you take Shula to recruit Josephine in Haud is NOT a cut-and-paste job, and even some lines that could have been copied have slightly different letters, like one extra r for "grr" and an exclamation in her waaa-aaaaaaaah line.

Shula, Sharmista, and Nifsara in party (can only be done immediately after Shula joins your party in Yashuna Village late game):
Flashy Woman: Eek! Broth--
Shula: ...Yuma, what are you doing here?
Nifsara: What?! This girl is Yuma?!
Flashy Woman: M-My name is "Josephine"! You may address me as such, and ONLY address me as such!
Shula: You're still spouting this nonsense? What a brat of a little sister you are.
Josephine: What?! Whose little sister?! Who are you talking about? I don't have the faintest idea!
Shula: I must apologize, Prince <name>. This is actually my little sister, Yuma.
It shames me to admit it, but she fled from home a little while back. I was wondering where she was.
I never suspected in my wildest dreams that she would be playing the prodigal sister here in Falena.
Josephine: "Prodigal sister"?! Watch your tongue! I am a FASHION DIVA!
Shula: Yuma!
Josephine: What?!
Shula: You're just fortunate nobody realized who you are...
If word got out that you're the eldest daughter of the House of Valya, you'd be a prime kidnapping target!
Please realize this. For if you don't, you are no more than a selfish brat, let alone some kind of "fashion diva."
Josephine: Ah...
Grr...
Waah!!! You're such a mean brother! Why'd you have to say it like that?!
Waaaa-aaaaaaaah!!!
Sharmista: It's all right, Yuma.
Shula: *sigh*...
I am truly sorry, Your Highness, but I must take my little sister to <castle name> Castle.
You understand what it's like to be a big brother, don't you?
Josephine: *sniffle*
Grr... Okay, brother, you win this time! *sniffle*
But *sniffle* you still have to call me *Josephine*! And you must acknowledge that I am a FASHION DIVA!
Shula: Sure, sure...