Recruiting Zegai

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Alisamakora

Recruiting Zegai

Post by Alisamakora »

ok~ so, i tried to recruit zegai after gaining the dawn rune and all that. according to all guides i should be able to, but he said "no".
which is odd, 'cause i was nice to him and all that. did i screw something up?

pleaseee tell me i didnt lose a star of destiny this early in the game. >.<;
gildedtalon

Re: Recruiting Zegai

Post by gildedtalon »

You know, there was one time I'm not nice at all and still be able to recruit him. I chose to capture him and not wanting to call off the execution.

At what point in the game are you :?:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Alisamakora

Post by Alisamakora »

just got the dawn rune and the groups still in raftfleet. i heard you could recruit him then. i'll try again after i get my HQ, but i realllly wanna make sure i didnt lose a recruit this early in the game. that'd suck if i kept going and ended up not getting everyone. not to mention i really like zegai for the spearmen option in seiges.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hm weird, you should be able to recruit him at this point...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Perhaps you lack recruits? But i guess he shouldn't even turn up then... And you did say the right answer to him, yes?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

On the character recruitment at gamefaqs by yangxu
If you have enough SoDs, he will join; otherwise, come back later when you've recruited a large number of companions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm very sure that each time you are friendly to Zegai, you boost your affinity with him, and you can ask him each time you advance the story just like with Oboro and Murad.

The guides say you can recruit him at a certain point because in their playthrough, they talked to Zegai enough times in the beginning of the game to boost the affinity level.

so once you've finally raised the affinity level high enough, he will join. keep returning and asking him after each story event just like you do with Oboro and Murad.
Alisamakora

Post by Alisamakora »

so its ok to ask him again? great. <3 thank you!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Are the dialogue choices listed anywhere for characters that you're supposed to build "affinity" with?

I'm currently replaying Suikoden 5 right now, and the options I got so far were to either capture zegai or chase the Armes spies. I chose to run after the spies, showing that I didn't think badly of Zegai.

But then after that, Eurum tells you he knew nothing of the Armes plot and asks if you believe him. The options are either "..." or "I believe you". If you choose "..." does that mean you're suspicious of Zegai and it will hurt your relationship with him later on?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

thanks for the link, i thought I had seen something like that before but couldn't remember where.

Hmm so telling Euram you believe him only affects Euram and not Zegai.

I'm not quite sure about Murad's "liking" points though... There were times I always asked him to join and he would not join for ages. Does it make any difference if I talk to him while he's in the arena infirmary?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I've tested them all and there were no problems. It's just that I forgot to recruit Alhazred when I was using that guide