Solo Prince challenge

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

Re: Solo Prince challenge

Post by gildedtalon »

I said it was impossible, but I've completed S2,S3,S4&S5 solo now

Though on S4, you can't solo the final boss unless you use the training ground with Reinhold which obviously requires at least two characters(I chose Sigurd to help me on that time). But I did finish the final boss solo at lvl99
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

another tip i can offer is Steel Rune + optional elemental magic resistance, depending on what tough magic enemies you will encounter. this setup turns ANY character into a tank--Lyon and Zweig shouldn't require much training when you solo their bosses. Also, Magic Sword is a nice way to permanently increase damage for the long battle.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I wouldn't trust M sword much in the final battle w/o knowing the boss element resistance, the poor me once went solo him with cyclone sword+ wind element attack grade S + royal paradise SS + M sword A, hit him just a bit more or less than regular hit with no buff. Well, i know it was just about wind case but it's not surprising for a final boss to resist most elements.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i haven't had problems with any element vs the final boss... they seemed to work the same.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I loaded that saved game, prince 's runes are dbl edge and cyclone sword, equip a couple windspun accessories to boost wind affinity to S. In final boss battle, without buff he hits for 600 dmg, with wind buff he deals 700 dmg.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Punkaiser wrote: Wed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm I loaded that saved game, prince 's runes are dbl edge and cyclone sword, equip a couple windspun accessories to boost wind affinity to S. In final boss battle, without buff he hits for 600 dmg, with wind buff he deals 700 dmg.
Not sure what skills you equipped on Prince, but there are skills like Royal Paradise that include Magic Sword that will further buff the rune effect.