Solo Prince challenge

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

Solo Prince challenge

Post by gildedtalon »

I'm trying to use only Prince to finish the game, therefore I won't recruit any characters at all. Of course, during the Queen's campaign I will have to use other characters like Kyle and Roy. Same with the final dungeon, I will probably only level up Lyon and Zweig. Let's see if I can get through all this. It's possible, I think :mrgreen:

If for some reason I have full entourage, I'll just have to make those other persons die
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Hirathien

Re: Solo Prince challenge

Post by Hirathien »

Pretty sure it's close to impossible, without cheats.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Why? So far so good, I've reached Rainwall. I have to say the Prince is really good at evading attacks

Sometimes, I have Sialeeds join the battle(full entourage) but I always keep her dead if I want to win the battle or simply retreat. Everyone else has no experience lol :D

Dolph and Childerich are pretty easy also, equip lightning rune and 2 Berserk Blow scroll 3x along with mega medicine 3x and sacrificial jizo. Yeah, that means I used 9 berserk blow on that battle since you can use Berserk Blow 3x from Lightning
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's been tried, but most people gave up at the Dawn Temple ruins boss fight (2 tough enemies together that dish out a fair amt of damage each). you're doing this from a fresh game, not New Game+ right? New Game+ would make it way easier, obviously.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yep, a new save file from a fresh new game. You mean the ruins at Ceras Lake, huh?

Okay, that was pretty easy actually. They can only deal 20 damage at most, all their attacks are magic-based so I just boost my magic defense lol. In fact, most of the time their attack only deal 3 damage haha

I equipped him with Water and Lightning Rune, Prince was lvl 35

Start the battle with Furious Blow to the boss on the right, then cast berserk blow till you run out of it. After that, just normal attack till he falls. Once he falls, cast Soaring Bolt 2 times on the remaining one then normal attack till you beat him

Just equip the hero with all the equipment that boosts magic defense, I only used 2 Kindness Drops throughout the battle and that's only because they keep stunning me
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

On war battles up to Lelcar, I have only used the predetermined units. I have not used additional units/lieutenant/support

The battle on Lelcar is really fun actually, you're basically playing cat and mouse game with their cavalry unit. Our goal is to get Prince/Kyle safely to the bridge where Zahhak starts at while Volga buys us some time by distracting the cavalry. This proves just how easy the war battles are

I'll be looking forward to those battles where we must defend Lordlake/Lelcar for 10 minutes.
Let's see if I can win every war battle with this sort of handicap :D

And also the walkthrough saying you only have to severely damage Zahhak's unit to win the battle on Lelcar is a lie

I have won the war battle of Queen's campaign with those 100 soldiers, Roy got trashed by Alenia though. Will have to waste a lot of time gathering money to buy equipments for Kyle and Roy. I finally win against Alenia, had to abuse true men tactic and a few sacrificial buddha

I made it, I've defended Lelcar succesfully haha. Straight of the bat, aim for Bahram while prince rushes towards the shore near Bahram. Meanwhile, Wasil distracts one of the cavalry and kills it. The only way to win this battle is reduce half of Bahram's HP :mrgreen:

Defending the castle is much easier since Childerich's ComShip is weak to Dahak

And that's it, the war battles on Stormfist and Sol-Falena is a joke. I've won all the war battles using only predetermined units (no additional unit/lieutenant/support) :wink:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I did it, Lyon and Zweig had a hard time winning against the bosses

Finally finished the challenge :D
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Wow, congrats Oo
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

wow, good job, have you tried this solo game challenge with any of the other suikodens?
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

No, I can only try the PS2 Suikoden games since all my PS1 broke :oops:

And I really don't think it's possible to win those games solo. Facing the final boss on Suikoden III is simply too much, I don't think I'll ever manage to solo those runes :? About Suikoden IV, I think I vaguely remember some bosses where I simply can not win alone

That's why I'm leaning towards Suikoden Tactics, if only there's some kind of challenge I can try
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mh I think Suikoden IV had some fairly difficult bosses. I think the endboss is quite heavy (for a Suikoden game).
That's why I'm leaning towards Suikoden Tactics, if only there's some kind of challenge I can try
Only use Kyril+Support Characters? That would be funny, at least.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

How did you kill the fishmen then?
Last edited by gildedtalon on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

gildedtalon wrote:No, I can only try the PS2 Suikoden games since all my PS1 broke :oops:

And I really don't think it's possible to win those games solo. Facing the final boss on Suikoden III is simply too much, I don't think I'll ever manage to solo those runes :? About Suikoden IV, I think I vaguely remember some bosses where I simply can not win alone

If you have your PS1 discs, you should be able to play them on PS2.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I know, I've tried and failed perhaps my PS2 got some problems
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gildedtalon wrote:How did you kill the fishmen then?
Weaken them with opposing elements and equip Kyril with a Poison Rune, so he poisons the enemies on attack so they only die because of the poison?

Ok, I admit, it might be impossible.