Nick, Ax, and Yoran can not be recruited

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

Nick, Ax, and Yoran can not be recruited

Post by gildedtalon »

After I chose to defend the castle, I did complete the one mission with them. Still, they won't join when asked :cry:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Nick, Ax, and Yoran can not be recruited

Post by Oppenheimer »

From our recruitment guide:
Two ways to recruit:
1. If you chose to flee HQ, Nick joins automatically after the events in Gordius Village.
2. If you chose not to flee HQ, enter Gordius Village with an all-male party. Complete a mission with Nick and choose the response "It was Nick and Yoran!". Nick will join later.
Perhaps you don't have an all male party?

Not that it much matters since you can't get 108 stars anymore if you defended the castle.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I did bring an all-male party, I even tried all the males I have on that time and still failed
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Who did you take?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I said it just now.......
I've tried bringing every single male I can get at that point to no avail
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Just asked because there are always a number of characters in Suikoden who get their gender mixed up.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I really don't know why we had that recruitment information up. It was there when I started getting more details on recruiting the characters, and I was never able to recruit these guys if I did not flee HQ.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Finally got them, looks like I chose the wrong answer on that time. The correct choice is 'Is this the one that was missing?'

What a waste of time.........
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey can you elaborate more on how to trigger the recruit event and what happens?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I did this mission right after retaking Doraat/Sable where no one accompanies the Prince
You need to bring Roog and Rahal to see Nick and Yoran at the Lair entrance.

Just bring Roog and Rahal to Gordius and go to Lair entrance. There you'll see Nick and Yoran arguing with the gatekeeper. Once they leave, go back to the camp. An event will automatically trigger asking if the Prince wants to help them, "I'll do it!". Then just go back to the place where you met Dolph if you choose to flee the castle.

Don't forget to talk to the Cavalry Soldier you see here, otherwise the event where Nick and Yoran show us the path to the place leading to Ax will not trigger.

Keep moving ahead and they will tell us that the path between the two rocks are actually passable after the earthquake. Next, you'll find Ax guarding an egg in which Yoran will hand it over to you.

Answer "Is this the one that was missing?", DO NOT choose "Did Ax lay it?" as it will only prevent you from recruiting them 'coz it somewhat irritates Nick. When you go back, those Cavalry soldiers will praise Ax for his intelligence and that such intelligence on a young foal is rare. When they thank you, answer "Nick and Yoran saved him". I kinda forgot whether it was 'saved/found'

Go back to the camp and choose "Will you join our cause?". Nick and Yoran will join afterwards. You'll know if you did everything right, Nick will say "Hooray" saying something along the line of even if I'm inexperienced I'll do my best. They will then be added to the list of 108 stars, leaving your party to go straight to the castle

This is the most detailed explanation you'll get
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks a lot!! it sounds similar to the Yahr/Nelis recruitment where you have limited opportunities during the mission to raise their affection levels for the Prince high enough to be able to recruit them....