Flow Rune?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
TrueWater00

Flow Rune?

Post by TrueWater00 »

OK, i searched and found nothing about this, its prob. just a translation error, but in a movie scene when prince and lyon are on the ship with logg and lun (i cant remember when,its been a while since i played it), the ship starts moving very fast and theres a little sparkle at he tip and lyon goes, "is that, the flow rune?" does she mean flowing? and she DEF said rune, i didnt know runes could be placed on an object like a ship to get use out of it, someone help me out here.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Flow Rune?

Post by KFCrispy »

i think i remember that scene... no idea what they were babbling about, but unless someone has more info, i blame the translators again.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

haha see! im not crazy! but if it wasnt a rune, i wonder what it could have been???? hmmmmm, the plot thickens.....
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Matthijs

Post by Matthijs »

yes it is
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Yeah, I remember that part. I can't remember anything else being mentioned about it throughout the game though.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Mise

Post by Mise »

Runes can be attached to objects. Remember Prakk, Barbarosa's sword from Suikoden1 was actually the Sovereign rune. It may be a sister rune to flowing/water, one used passively for power over the flow of water? It can only be speculated.
Though, we DO know that runes can exist in ways aside from being attached to the head or either hand of a humanoid user.
It is no coincidence that man's best friend is incapable of speech.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Remember Prakk, Barbarosa's sword from Suikoden1 was actually the Sovereign rune.
Hard to remember that since the Sovereign Rune is attached to the Dragon King Sword, not Prakk.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

In any sense, the attaching of runes to anything other than ur hands or forehead hasnt been discussed really in the game, aside from barbarossas sword, it really makes you wonder though what the heck was on the front of that ship?
Mise

Post by Mise »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Remember Prakk, Barbarosa's sword from Suikoden1 was actually the Sovereign rune.
Hard to remember that since the Sovereign Rune is attached to the Dragon King Sword, not Prakk.
Such is true. XD
I wonder where I got Prakk. Mayhap I'm a little rusty on the gate rune wars.
Regardless of the name of the sword, however, runes can function when attached to an item, rather than the bearer themselves. Due to its history, it seems like attaching it to the sword was an alternative, as in, one could wield is personally if they chose, but Barbarosa chose to wield it in a weapon instead. Perhaps this is due to a lack of natural affinity with runes in general? It would make sense with Logg as well, since he also has a very low MAG attribute.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

wow that is a really good point, i mean he does suck at magic, and im sure runes have other purposes, so ya maybe it is a flowing rune at the front of his ship.
Mise

Post by Mise »

Another thought comes to mind, perhaps the function of the "Flow rune" is similar to the way Rune Cannons are utilized in Suikoden 4?

They've previously been regarded as too dangerous, and all trace of how they worked before has been stamped out. So this is of course, purely speculation.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

TrueWater00 wrote:In any sense, the attaching of runes to anything other than ur hands or forehead hasnt been discussed really in the game
The Beast Rune is attached to the floor of L'Renouille, the True Wind Rune to Luc's soul, the Sovereign Rune to the Dragon King Sword and the countless of other runes that can only be attached to weapons beg to differ.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

my issue with this scene from the game is that it is referenced as if there is one well-known Flow Rune - "is that.... the Flow Rune?"
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
TrueWater00 wrote:In any sense, the attaching of runes to anything other than ur hands or forehead hasnt been discussed really in the game
The Beast Rune is attached to the floor of L'Renouille, the True Wind Rune to Luc's soul, the Sovereign Rune to the Dragon King Sword and the countless of other runes that can only be attached to weapons beg to differ.

Ahh Le Klueze, what would any post on suikosource be without your analytical, belittling way of responding to it. Well I guess its my turn eh ;), well mr. or mrs. Le Klueze, I stated that it has not been discussed much in the series, which, it hasnt. you give 3 examples then say countless others. The fact that you can name me some examples doesnt mean we have the information of how these runes work exactly when attached to inanimate objects. Would a flowing rune attached to a boat have the same qualities as if on a living being? You mention the wind rune being attached to lucs soul, that is not an inanimate object, lucs soul being intertwined with the rune was a mistake, which is why he was locked up, etc etc. but you could hardly compare the soul to be recognized as an inanimate object, it would be much closer to the sense of being on the hands or forhead if we are going to discuss the placement of that particular rune. So you can beg to differ all you want, the FACT is, Le Klueze, is that we do not know much about this subject of the game, which is what i stated previously, end of story.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You seem to completely miss that I responded only to your false statement that the games only discuss runes placed on hands or forehead.
the attaching of runes to anything other than ur hands or forehead hasnt been discussed really in the game
Your mumbling about wheter a soul is an inanimate object or not is completely irrelevant. And the countless others was one point but I guess I can list a couple of them for your benefit.

Fire Lizard, Down Rune, Exertion, Friendship, Hunter, Kindness, Magic Drain, Poison, Silence, Sleep, Fire, Rage, Thunder, Lightning etc. etc. are all runes that can be attached to weapons, quite clearly not hands or forehead.

Now, the FACT is that your statement was grossly wrong as the games clearly discuss attaching runes to several things that aren't hands or foreheads. End of story.