Stupid Eresh......>_>

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
StalkerPizza

Stupid Eresh......>_>

Post by StalkerPizza »

I hate how when anything touches her, mostly the bosses in the Ashtwal Mts, she either dies or gets critical HP. Well, I guess it's my fault for using her instead of playing it safe with a spellcaster who can survive attacks. >_>
FORGIVE ME KILLEY!!!!
:cry:

Anyway, in my opinion, she is one of the worst mages (Mages being anyone who can cast magic well) in durability and in recruitment quest difficulty.
Discuss.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Belcoot4

Re: Stupid Eresh......>_>

Post by Belcoot4 »

What level is she at? I used a different party everytime I got to that point and with the proper leveling you should be fine no matter who you use. Usually 50's or 60's should be strong enough and with the right equipment. Have'nt played it in awhile but if Eresh can wear a 'Saints Cloak' I highly suggest saving up the dough and buying them for your weak characters. Also, thats exactly right "Forgive me Killey" what are you thinking not bring him haha JK. But seriously he always ended up in one of my three parties, SV seemed to be the first game that put a little power into the Long Ranged characters. You want good mages use Zerase, Bernadette, and Levi. I personaly like the hybrid like Kyle, Miakis, Killey, and Isato. Some people might disagree with Killey and Isato but with their weapons maxed out and equipped with good runes they seem to be the most balanced characters physicaly and magicaly.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Oh well, I ALWAYS use Zerase. Rofl.
I did get pass Lyon's boss, but I did not do it without healing Eresh every turn. I think she was around 50s or high 40s. Since she was just a party filler, I didnt really give her anything expensive, but I did make sure she was decently equipped. Also her Pale Gate Rune did NOT help her situation at all.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Yeah once i seen it was going to take 3 parties to do Astwal Mts. I geared up 18 members ready for war lol. Is this your first play through?

Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Her recruitment is really a pain in the as$ but it opens some interesting clues of Jeane's secret..possibly.

Yeah she's the worst wizard on SV but I still used her for magical purposes. I had her a Lightning Rune which turns out useful.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

No, I've played through this game a couple of times
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Have you ever heard of the words "tank" and "Firefly Rune"?

Eresh still sucks anyway b/c you can't give her magic absorb.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Eresh is pretty much useless. Through my many play throughs I might of used her once but you can still make it work with her if the rest of your party is strong. I will agree that recruiting her is a bit of a pain but the experiance you gain and the treasures you find on your way to get her are well worth it.

suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

i agree that she isn't the best, but a least you can use her in battle and does have a certain mystery about her as compared to the alternative, Euram. He is a fop, but a least entertaining.

Eresh may not have the battle usefulness like Bernadette or Zerse or something, but better than him battle-wise along with the cool items you get in her recruitment.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I only recently played through for the second time. I decided to recruit Euram because I didn't use Eresh that much and I heard a lot of people say that they chose Euram for the story-value. I was extremely underwhelmed. In my opinion, if you play through it more than once, you should recruit Euram the second time around. Eresh is way better if for no other reason than that you get a unique epic skill for defeating Shepcesska (everything else in the dungeon you can get and still recruit Euram). Since the epic skill carries over in NG+, you can skip on her the second time.