Suikoden V Walkthrough

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
WaterMoon

Suikoden V Walkthrough

Post by WaterMoon »

Hey all, sorry I've not been around for, well, months, but I'm in the military and I got hit up with a deployment followed by two TDY's and so am just now getting the chance to sit back at home and relax. And imagine my surprise when I decide to start playing through SV again to find out we still don't have a walkthrough here on SuikoSource, even though we have pretty much everything else, so starting in the next week or so, I'll begin writing one for us, soon as I finish my current play through (so I can start again from the beginning). I'm at the point now just after upgrading the Dawn Rune at the Twilight Ruins, so should finish the game by the end of this weekend and start writing Monday or Tuesday.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Runemaster

Re: Suikoden V Walkthrough

Post by Runemaster »

WaterMoon wrote:Hey all, sorry I've not been around for, well, months, but I'm in the military and I got hit up with a deployment followed by two TDY's and so am just now getting the chance to sit back at home and relax. And imagine my surprise when I decide to start playing through SV again to find out we still don't have a walkthrough here on SuikoSource, even though we have pretty much everything else, so starting in the next week or so, I'll begin writing one for us, soon as I finish my current play through (so I can start again from the beginning). I'm at the point now just after upgrading the Dawn Rune at the Twilight Ruins, so should finish the game by the end of this weekend and start writing Monday or Tuesday.
Oh I SO look forward to it! Your Source of Suikoden beaten by other game sites in creating a walkthrough of a Suikoden game released 3 years ago is unbelievable.

Good luck!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Well, if you wanna be rude about it, you don't have to use it. It's not like we don't already have all the other information here in various guides as is (recruitment guide, bath scenes guide, battles guide, etc), I'm merely going to put it into a single compiled guide. And if no one else has done it yet by the time I finish this one, I'll probably start on one for Teirtrekeis (yes, I'm sure I butchered the spelling on that, sue me). Which I have yet to really start playing anyways.
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yeah like I said, good luck!

Anyway, can't Suikosource request the creators of FAQS at GameFAQs to share their guides to this site?
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

For your information, a lot of us do write for GameFAQs, as do the SuikoX writers. Like I said, we pretty much have all the information someone would need for playing Suikoden V, just not all compiled into a single file. When it first came out, we were all doing all the individual parts that you see in the 20-30 stickied topics on this forum. All I'm doing with this project (until I get time to play Tierkreis) is compiling it into one single guide, so rather than having to dig through the forums, someone can just go to the Suikoden V section on the main page and have all the information they need, unless they want to look for something more obscure, like the mini games.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

No, I was speaking in general. I mean until now, there aren't Old Book Guide or Runes List here which GameFAQs already have.
Can't we really ask them share it with us?