Did mess some things up in Suikoden 5 (spoilers)?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
ubitendo

Did mess some things up in Suikoden 5 (spoilers)?

Post by ubitendo »

I'm at the part just before I have to attack Stormfist (Lucretia tells me that they Twilight Rune was spotted being used there). I picked the option that lets me prepare more for the battle. I go into Port Spinacks, and the dude by the save point mentions nothing about Hershville (talks about Dragon Cavalry involvement in the war) -- so do I have no way of getting into Hershville?

Also, if a character permanently dies, what happens to the equipment on him/her? I chose the option to defend the castle and Roy died -- so I wondered what happened to the armor and stuff he had on.

Thanks.
Rune

Re: Did mess some things up in Suikoden 5 (spoilers)?

Post by Rune »

Have you already been to Hershville? If so, you can just take the boat there by talking to the boat attendant at Port Spinacks. If not, talk to everybody on the eastern end of the port. There should be a man from the dragon horse cavalry in the south that mentions it. If he does not, you will be able to walk to Hershville from Stormfist after you have taken it (you'll need to leave from the back of Godwin's castle).

When a character dies permanently, you lose all their equipment. But have no fear, you can always get more in a new game+.