[Codes] Codebreaker, Action Replay

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

[Codes] Codebreaker, Action Replay

Post by KFCrispy »

Converting codes? http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 43&t=11479

Codebreaker
Pyriel's codes http://www.herrvillain.com/codebreaker/suikoden5/ Codemasters - Item digits and more (must register): http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/s ... php?t=1412

Codetwink: http://www.codetwink.com/view-cheats-47 ... den+v.html

Action Replay
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6633
http://www.gconsole.com/forum/show.php? ... l&id=22718

There are some items listed that aren't available in the game - let us know what they are if you try them out!
oh btw my item digits list says Dragon Horse equipment is not in the game--- it *might* be Rahal and Roog's initial equipment, so let us know!
Jack of All Trades

Re: Codebreaker codes

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Sure thing. As hard as I looked to find these codes, I won't have time to mess with them until monday or tuesday night.

So I just checked it out and the Dragon Horse equipment does indeed comes equipped on roog and rahal. It is in the game
Jack of All Trades

So I'm not sure if I'll be able to test these codes out, I don't have a codebreaker. But I've got an ARMax, Cb2crypt and MaxConvert. So I'm trying to convert them over but in going from RAW to ARMax there is absolutely no common format. Eresh is a 3 line code, euram is a 2 liner, and sialeeds is a one line code. Whats more interesting is that I can't toggle Sialeeds code on or off, her's actually appears green.
Jack of All Trades

For some reason the codes would not convert using CB2Crypt and MaxConvert. However Frengky Septo at Gamefaqs pointed me in the direction of some Action Replay Codes. You should rename this thread and include this link in original post...

I just wanted everyone to post that you can have both Euram and Eresh in their party at the same time. I waited until the very last moment to recruit Euresh and made a save. I then went to rainwall watched the Euram scene, reset my game without saving, and went and recruited Eresh. I turned on the recruit euram code and he actually replaced her on the Tablet (hurray). You can also pick up Sialeeds with no problem. Their are some great codes here. I haven't tested the Cycle thru Encounters code but it essentially makes the random encounters not so random which is awesome if you are both a completionist and a student like myself or if you don't have a lot of free time.

I paid 20 bucks for a codebreaker. I'll check out the equipment that is supposedly not in the game when it comes in the mail.

Update 11/23/2008

Apparently using a code to recruit Euram replaces Eresh's entry on the tablet and allows you to use him in war but he does not appear in your castle which is a complete bummer. I have a feeling Eresh follows the same rules. Sialeeds certainly does but it is to be expected as there is no script for her in the castle at this point.

Update 11/25/2008

I messed around with the the recruit euram and eresh codes and I've made an interesting discovery. Euram and Eresh's recruitability isn't based on whether you've recruited one or the other. This may seem obvious to some but they used a forked event . If you activate one event you deactivate the other. For example I used the recruit eresh code, which added her to my tablet and character list. I then went and recruited Euram. I went back with her in my party to see if the big hole dungeon was open and guess what, it was. The dungeon opens up as long as she is in your party but the boss only appears if you activate her event.

One thing I'm not sure of is whether you can run multiple recruitment events at a single time. If so you could most likely recruit both easily. You would only need a walk through walls code or even better load location modifier code (a code that always makes you return to your room at the castle no matter what doorway in any part of the game you went through, so long as it returns you to a save place). If you had one of these codes you could pick up eresh, walk around the spot where she leave's your party to leave the big hole, walk over to rainwall, recruit euram, and finish up the big hole dungeon, activating the event script for both characters.

Of course this is all conjecture, starting the eresh event could disable the euram event until you abandon here and leave the big hole. I don't think this is very likely as it's a lot cleaner to just keep you from leaving the dungeon and making the fork happen when you "befriend" her or him in Euram's case.

I know a little bit about scripting from rpg maker but nothing about programming or even code building. I know a little bit about the hexadecimal system but clearly not enough. So I won't be making this code but if it's out there and anybody knows about it say something. If anybody knows any serious code makers speak up.

Honestly though, I'm okay with just picking Eresh on the first playthrough and Euram on the second (he really is a great character though).
DarkElf

Re: Codebreaker codes, Action Replay Codes

Post by DarkElf »

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere, but Retso Nectar is in the game. Retso sells it once you've given him enough ingredients. I don't know fully what those requirements are, but I know it requires melons; it didn't show up until I planted Melon Seedlings.
StvNash

Post by StvNash »

How to add all this code?
Jack of All Trades

Well you just have to go to codetwink.com and use the recruit eresh code. As long as you don't take her to fight the boss in the big hole you can recruit euram free and clear. This can be done the other way around but since the character you recruit with the code does not actually show up in the castle, recruiting euram with the code is pointless.
StvNash

Post by StvNash »

Jack of All Trades wrote:Well you just have to go to codetwink.com and use the recruit eresh code. As long as you don't take her to fight the boss in the big hole you can recruit euram free and clear. This can be done the other way around but since the character you recruit with the code does not actually show up in the castle, recruiting euram with the code is pointless.
I can't find any tutorial from this site... Btw, I only want to use fast-lvling and infinity money...

Can any one teach me step by step on how to use it?
Jack of All Trades

It's pretty easy.

1st you have to have a codebreaker or an action replay
2nd you click on the corresponding link in the first post
3rd you enter the code into your cheat device (see your cheat device's instructions for more info)
4th you play your game
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Happy Birthday Jack of all Trades !!

hope you see this

ontopic

don't forget to enter FIRST the MASTER CODE, or ENABLE CODE

after making that entry, go ahead and put the cheat codes you prefer
Jack of All Trades

Thanks Mio, but alas I must have enterered my birthday incorrectly on accident. My birthday is in September.
StvNash

Post by StvNash »

I already download the code breaker codetwink.com, but how can i use it?

How do we enter the code into the game?
And how to enter the code breaker into ps?

Sorry for all this noobie question, I just get back my ps2 recently and I have not play it for long time.
Jack of All Trades

First of all I'm not sure if you can download the codebreaker. The codebreaker is basically a ps2 game dvd it comes with codes programmed onto it. You place the dvd into your ps2, enter the codes from the website which will be saved on your memory card, and choose to start your game. The cd drawer will open up and you'll be able to swap out the codebreaker disc for you game. You can load codes from the website directly onto your memory card using a flashdrive by the way.

You can make your own codebreaker disc but your ps2 won't let you use it unless you mod your ps2 or use .elf trick. I've not used the .elf trick myself and I will not go out of my way to tell you how to make illegally burned ps2 games work on your ps2.

You best bet is to get online and find a used codebreaker like I did. You can get one from gamebay.com. Just be aware codebreakers are no longer made or maintained by the company that created them so codetwink is unlikely to help you beyond providing the codes on their website.

Good Luck.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

in other words

Codebreaker is a PS2 CD

4 ways to obtain it
1. Fresh from the retail market
2. Ebay
3. Downloaded from net and burnt into a CD*
4. bundled with a homebrew application program (ULaunchElf)*

*you cannot do this if you're PS2 doesn't have a modchip (i don't have swapmagic but I heard you can use that too)

your codes from codetwink are useless if you don't own a copy of Codebreaker
StvNash

Post by StvNash »

I guess better I play by legit way... :?

Thx anyway for helping out :mrgreen: