[FAQ] Dracofish

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Avalionis

[FAQ] Dracofish

Post by Avalionis »

Not sure if this topic exists...or existed...but here goes.

Anyone else catch the legendary Dracofish? I've only been able to catch it 3 times, on 3 different playthroughs, but only after the castle reached it's final upgrade.

Is it possible to catch this sucker BEFORE or what?

Personally I love the looks on Lun, Logg and Subala's faces when the Prince lands this sucker. XD
Leon481

Re: Dracofish

Post by Leon481 »

I just caught it. It took about an hour of fishing but I did it. Interesting little story behind it too. It was a pleasant surprise.

I'd never even heard of this before you mentioned it. I usually give up on fishing after getting Retso and Shun Min. I don't think it can be caught before the final upgrade because I usually do a whole bunch of fishing in both other forms of the castle and I've never caught it before.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

lolwut?

I've never even heard of this. But fishing in a game is lame...

I'll go do this right now.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i never heard of this! wanna share some info about it?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's a giant fish which gives you tons of points. I think i cuaght it once or twice, i dunno. And sorry, I don't know which upgrade my castle was...
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

KFCrispy wrote:i never heard of this! wanna share some info about it?
It's worth over 500 points. Logg, Lun, and Subala freak out when you catch it. You'll also get a comment in the box from Raja after you catch it.
(small spoilers)

The story behind it is that Raja's grandfather was the last person to catch a dracofish 30 years before Raja was even born. Everyone assumed it was a legend or extinct before the Prince caught one.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Is that what you sometimes see swimming underneath everything? I thought that was Byakuren.

Also had the screen shake but nothing else happen, does this have anything to do with it?
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Suikidal wrote:Is that what you sometimes see swimming underneath everything? I thought that was Byakuren.
No, that white snake swimming in the Lake occasionaly, really IS Byakuren.
Suikidal wrote:Also had the screen shake but nothing else happen, does this have anything to do with it?
The boat rocks left and right, but mainly due to the large catch you're about to land...
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Nah i mean the screen just shakes without Byakuren being there, its like a mini wave or something. Maybe Byakuren was jus out of sight that time
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Suikidal wrote:Nah i mean the screen just shakes without Byakuren being there, its like a mini wave or something. Maybe Byakuren was jus out of sight that time
I know the screen DOES start to shake when Byakuren is about to swim by...but I don't think the screen shook at all, when you're about to catch the Dracofish. That's why it's so hard to tell what it is.

Oh and you may NOT get dialouge from Lun, Logg and Subala commenting on your catch, if they're already talking. (it happened to me once before actually. >.<)
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

The Dracofish looks just like any other large fish. There's no indication that it's even there until you actually catch it. You just have to keep fishing until you find it.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Whats the size of if under the water before u reel it in? Most of the big fish i chase after turn out to be pots.
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

It's just the largest size of fish. It seems to be very rare so it might take a while. It took me about an hour of fishing before I caught it. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't get it before the final castle upgrade.
Holywhippet

Post by Holywhippet »

I could be wrong, but I think your odds of getting actual fish from big fish increases either as the game progresses or as you do more fishing. When I did my first fishing battle to recruit Subala pretty much every big fish was a non-fish item. When I can back later, most of the big fish were actual fish.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I usually wait until after I recruited Retso and Shun Min, and after I gave her the baby fishies, so she could help them grow bigger, and thus release them into the lake.

I've gotten alot of Sturgeons this way too...and the look on Subala's face is still priceless, after the Prince lands a big ass lunker. :D