Suikoden V playtime?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
MermaidKasumi

Suikoden V playtime?

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Hello, new to the forums.
I've been looking for an rpg to play and came across Suikoden v. I played the first games but was wondering roughly around how long it is? I just finished Tales of the Abyss, that was like 60hrs, and would like to play an rpg but that's between the 30-40hr range.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden V playtime?

Post by Antimatzist »

It depends on you, my first playthrough was really long, but my second was way shorter.

It's about 50hours, imo.
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Antimatzist wrote:It depends on you, my first playthrough was really long, but my second was way shorter.

It's about 50hours, imo.
I see...

Would you recommend I play Suikoden IV?
I've heard it's short for an rpg but it doesn't look as appealing as V, though it has mermaids which to me is a plus.
I only have around 2 weeks before I start college so I want to get one last game in.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, there are mermaids, but you can't even use them in battle! Actually, they just stand around most of the time and sell equipment..

Suikoden IV is definitely shorter than Suikoden V, but still, most of the time you're travelling on the world map which isn't fun. I recommend Suikoden V, though, but I dunno if you can play through once in two weeks.
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Antimatzist wrote:Yeah, there are mermaids, but you can't even use them in battle! Actually, they just stand around most of the time and sell equipment..

Suikoden IV is definitely shorter than Suikoden V, but still, most of the time you're travelling on the world map which isn't fun. I recommend Suikoden V, though, but I dunno if you can play through once in two weeks.
:lol:
I went out and bought IV, it's kinda boring actually and the main guys is really ugly too. The mermaids look kinda weird, they look like girls cosplaying mermaids since they have legs, but they're still cute :D too bad you cant play with them though :( .Anyway there are alot of characters to recruite and right now I'm in the ruins of Obel so it's picking up! It was worth the $20 can't wait to get all the mermaid sisters :D . I'll probably get Suikoden 5 later on and play it in-between school.
ForGreatJustice

Post by ForGreatJustice »

Be forewarned... SV's story is pretty solid and if you're like me, it's like reading a good book, you can't put it down. A good RPG is the same for me.

And if you're just playing for the story, you can play the game in about 40-50 hours. If you're trying to be a perfectionist, recruit everyone and get everything, be prepared to spend around 70-80 hours or even more.
Jman

Post by Jman »

Heh, I recently finished my second playthrough of Suikoden IV, And am now starting my second playthrough of V after 2 years. I have to say the 5th game blows the 4th out of the water in terms of story and everything. But I still like suikoden IV...but it could have been SO much better.
narutosupernova

Post by narutosupernova »

mine 64 hours