Cheating bloody damn kooluk's! Spoiler warning

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Siel Avadon

Cheating bloody damn kooluk's! Spoiler warning

Post by Siel Avadon »

I borrowed this game for the second time at the library. Last time I played It was fun. So continued and I got to Kooluk. I noticed now how that merchant got some guards spawned...okay I thought. Okay

But now as I meet that Kooluk officer named Martin, with his mount. I kill off the closest....and they spawn in new people!

Whats this? Will the spawns end? How to act?

This is utterly annoying! I want to know I wont be attacked in the back on archers and weak chars! The games cheating so right now Im pretty annoyed! Any advices? I would be so happy to hear any :)

Scuse my posts lacking of the english language. Im tired as hell and just wanted to post this to night so I dont forget to post It.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Cheating bloody damn kooluk's! Spoiler warning

Post by Oppenheimer »

Characters spawning unexpectedly happens several times in the game.

You have to prepare in two ways: 1) Move your party in a group, and keep them together. 2) never assume you're safe.

You can always retreat if you've moved too far ahead and enemies have spawned in ahead of you. However, sometimes they spawn behind you as well. The two spawn triggers are moving to a certain area of the board or killing someone. If you stay back and kill those who come to you, you should be okay. That way if more spawn in just stay back and defeat them too.

The good thing is that you can swap injured characters out if you need to, so you can kind of spawn characters too. Just remember once swapped out you can't swap that character back in.

Also, the spawn triggers are not random so if you get killed from them the first time, replay (if you all die you can replay and keep your levels and anyone who died comes back) and you won't be surprised by the spawn points the second time.

Also, if the goal is to kill a certain person (ie. Martin) sometimes there are infinite spawns to give him troops to back him up all the time. In that case throw whatever you can at that boss because you only need to kill him to win the level. Try to avoid the other enemies if possible if they continuously respawn. You can usually tell a infinite respawn because the spawn will be the same characters in the exact same spot every time. One time spawns will occur in different places with slightly different enemies appearing each time.

Oh, and being able to rent video games from a library is awesome! My library only has music CDs and books for rent, that's it.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Thanks for the advices Oppenheimer!

So If all are defeated and you take reply your dead charachters come back and your levels are intact!? Sounds like cheating! :D But also helpful heh.

I will take your advices, read em over and beat up this Kooluk bastard! ;)

Oh? I guess Its the Swedish weirdoness hehe. I borrowed Suikoden Tacits, Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and Odin Sphere under 2 weeks for free, A summer special. Usually only 2 games under one week. But maybe you should suggest to your local library :)
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

"So If all are defeated and you take reply your dead charachters come back and your levels are intact!? Sounds like cheating! But also helpful heh."

That is wrong and untrue. If you Retry, the characters go back to their original levels at the beginning of the battle. This isn't a regular Suikoden game. It's a Tactics spin-off game like those Final Fantasy Tactics games.

Since you're borrowing the game to play, I'm assuming you won't be able to get Lazlo(Suikoden 4 Hero) using Suikoden 4 saved data. However, you can still look at my walkthrough for some tips for all the battles in another thread.

Infinite re-spawn enemies does happen in the game especially the Part 2 of the final battle with Iskas.

The tip against numerous enemies are area magic attacks like Shining Wind, Breath of Ice, Explosion, Earthquake, etc...
Also, Most (like 90%-not all) of the Cooperative Attacks in the game are area attacks. It's worth-while to develop them.

Lazlo comes with a Level 2 Double-Edge sword spell which is like a smaller but deadly 100% accurate Earthquake, which you can just obliterate maps with.
Strategy is the key to victory!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think i tried myself, but i did read from several sources that you could lose the entire battle and continue with all your levels intact. this is different from Retry from your menu, it's game over - continue / "don't give up".
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Oh I got Suikoden 4, Just never had the money to buy Suikoden Tactics.

Its fun but...not so great.

I dont have any stronger spells at all but tier 2 spells and those are pretty worthless.

So do you guys suggest I go finish Suikoden 4 again and restart? Im not that far away from the ending in my game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you complete Suikoden IV and load the Suikoden IV data, you will have a better experience.. 2 bonus characters and their related talks with others. but that won't help you right now. you should try out other runes. magic users can use 2-3 different magic runes so they have plenty of variety, while sword users are pretty boring (their weapon-rune is weak-sauce), and other characters are simply a lot stronger with their weapon-based runes. then a lot of characters can also mount creatures.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Ah thanks.

But maybe restarting? Im not that far in no?

But I try and fix the battle later. But the mount. Kangacorn don't seem so useful at all.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

equip a Kangacorn Rune and spam the first spell.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Oh, Hmm. On Kyril then Yes?

And gods, the death ratio! What moron made It so high!? Seriously! It's annoying. When the enemy spawn in and managed to gang upon one of yours or just simply do enormous damage for no aparent reason but to kill her/him It seems! EDIT: And then I of course have them on their elemental grid.

Do the days and such have any meaning at all?

I reed somewhere about some charachter changing effinity by weather.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Kyril cannot mount a Kangacorn.
Kangacorns are only mountable by spearmen and one-hand sword characters.

If you to a short time limit on the game rental, just finish playing Tactics before you end up paying late fees.

Playing Suikoden 4 beforehand will definitely help you have a better game experience and a MUCH MUCH better understanding of the plot and characters in Suikoden Tactics. If you just play Suikoden Tactics, it'll just seem like you're just traveling around to put an end to the Kooluk Empire and the use of Rune Cannons while picking up random characters on the way (who were part of the 108 star crew in Suikoden 4).

The element of the days affect what elemental chamber you will get in the Obel Ruins. It also affects who you will recruit first when it comes to Dario and Sigurd, you'll get them both anyway. It also affects Rest Scenes I believe.

Me being a tactics game expert, I do not take pride in getting killed in battle, losing characters for good, and then "don't give up". I'm pretty sure characters that die are dead for good in your entire playthrough whether you give up or not. Hence you would want to Retry before your entire party gets killed off. NEVER let any character run off by themselves in battle unless it's Kyril or Lazlo or Eugene or their level is insanely higher than all the enemies. The game's artificial intelligence program is set to kill off any character in your party when it has the chance.

The game also has a glaring mistake that Jeane, the #1 recurring character in the series, can die because that would screw up the timeline for the other suikoden games unless you go with the theory that there are a bunch of Jeane's running around.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Oh thanks a lot for the information.

Ohh, I see. Damn the Kangacorn! xD

I did borrow It from the library for free. I dont know If I finish It. Seems like to much of a damn project. Or I go finish Suikoden IV again and get the extra stuff and charachter.

Oh, So thats whats It's for the days.

It's just freaking nuts how easy they die. It's irritating but its a Suikoden game so I want to finish It anyway. I will continue trying. I might consider restarting. And Jeane can die too? The game Is nuts!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Characters die more frequently when they get clobbered. I find that if they have say 25 hit points left and take a 28 hit point blow they should just withdrawl. But, if they have 25 hit points left and take a 125 hit point blow they will certainly die. Also, I found that if they are at max health and loose all their hp in one hit they usually die. But, I haven't studied this it just seems to be what happens.

And Jeane could always die in war battles too. It's just never considered canon when a character from a future episode dies. Canon always seems to be everyone living except those who die by plot and aren't resurrected (which is rare since Konami loves its resurrections).
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Hmm I see!

Darn, Have to...keep...people...alive! :P

She could die in all of em? I have a slight memory of her dying although might not been her. But I guess It's true. Not cannon with anyone but the plot deaths (that like always Is reseructed (spelling)
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

I went on a butcher run and managed to slay Martins army and give him a beating! Had to beat up all but one soldier.