What's that yellow box mean above the element during battle?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Eggplant Wizard

What's that yellow box mean above the element during battle?

Post by Eggplant Wizard »

I've looked through the manual, but it doesn't mention anything about the box that is above the characters' elemental affinity during battle. This box is usually empty, but sometimes it appears to be yellow. It's just a tiny little thing, and it hasn't effected my gameplay... I'm really curious about this, though. What does it mean? Anybody know?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: What's that yellow box mean above the element during battle?

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm no idea what you're talking about. does it appear in battle when you highlight a character or like in their status screen during battle.....? maybe you can get a small screenshot just to give us an idea of where it appears.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I've looked through the manual, but it doesn't mention anything about the box that is above the characters' elemental affinity during battle. This box is usually empty, but sometimes it appears to be yellow. It's just a tiny little thing, and it hasn't effected my gameplay... I'm really curious about this, though. What does it mean? Anybody know?
Are you talking about Suikoden 5?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Eggplant Wizard

See the rectangular box above Kyril's affinity? ...to the left of his HP. Sometimes this box is yellow, and I don't know what it means. It's some kind of indicator, but I don't know what it's indicating. Like I said, it doesn't hinder my gameplay... I just want to know what it's telling me.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in the lower right corner of the screen? probably shows any negative status like poison, unbalance.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

You mean the box just glows yellow? I don't get it. I neevr noticed that box before ever!! Hmm...Maybe as the above poster says it's for negative/positive status effects but I dont know.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Eggplant Wizard

That's it, KFCrispy. It indicates a change in status. Seems weird, though... Why have a little box like that on the character's status screen, when you can just see whatever icon is above that character's head? Thanx for the input guys.