loading Suikoden IV data (yes, this question again)

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
afteryou

loading Suikoden IV data (yes, this question again)

Post by afteryou »

I know this question has been asked several times, and I read all the other posts and followed just about all the advice, but I'm still having problems. And yes, I've found all 108 Stars of Destiny.

I try to load data from a Suikoden IV game when prompted to, but the Suikoden Tactics game will not recognize the S4 data on my memory cards. It just says that there is no S4 saved data, but there is!

I've looked on other forums as well and followed all the advice I can. Save before getting Snowe (so, when I have 107 SOD). Save after getting Snowe. Save before fighting Cray. Save after fighting Cray. Load from cleared data that has green font on the load screen. Load from a new game (started by loading from cleared data) which doesn't have green font. I have done all this. I created numerous saves after discovering this problem; I even went back and played the last hour of the game over again to see if that would help. I also copied S4 saves from one memory card to another to see if that would make the Suikoden Tactics disc recognize the S4 game saves on my memory cards. But Suikoden Tactics doesn't recognize a single one of my saves.

I really don't want to play Suikoden IV all the way from the beginning again, and risk having Suikoden Tactics still not recognize my save data. And if I were to play SIV through again, I don't even know if I should start a cleared data game (where I've already beaten the game once) or start a whole new game.

I have Gameshark for PS2, if anyone knows of any strategies involving that.

I've got to do something; my memory cards are filled to the brim with Suikoden IV saves!

In any case, I'd really appreciate any help anyone might have!
afteryou

Re: loading Suikoden IV data (yes, this question again)

Post by afteryou »

Oh, and my case for Suikoden IV says NTSC U/C on the spine. I don't have the Suikoden Tactics box, but when I start up the Suikoden Tactics game, the screen flickers wildly. I learned to select English as my language and then, when it gets to the next option, the TV display mode, I pick the second option. I can't tell what it is I'm selecting because the screen is still flickering.

Then the screen is fine and it says "Switched to NTSC (60HZ)", so I guess I picked the NTSC option. (When I tried choosing the first option, which I'm assuming is PAL, the screen continued to flicker so I couldn't play the game.)

Also I'm in Canada and using a slim PS2. Don't know if any of this helps, but I figured some more info couldn't hurt.
TrueRune27

Post by TrueRune27 »

I know this sucks but it seems unless we get a different region of suikoden tactics there's nothing much we could do. I so really wanna play the game using my sIV data as well! If anyone knows of a better way we'll be more than happy to try it out.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Firstly, afteryou, please do not post twice consecutively in the same topic. Use the edit button to add further thoughts into the original post instead, if you missed putting them in before posting. Second, next time please search around for topic addressing this issue, as I believe there are already a number of them across the forum.

That said, your problem here is that you have the game save from NA release of Suikoden IV, but PAL version of Suikoden Tactics. As usual, data transfer is NOT possible (by normal means) across games of differing regions.

The options on PAL release are there to allow PAL players to suit their television settings, but this doesn't change the nature of the game itself. i.e. PAL game would still be PAL even under the NTSC display settings.
afteryou

Post by afteryou »

Thanks for the help, guys. Too bad there isn't really a solution for me. Oh well. At least now I know there's nothing I can do!
Kwaky

Post by Kwaky »

So let me get this straight; when is the last time you should save on SuikoIV in order for it to be able to load? Right after beating the last boss after credits when it gives you the chance?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have stickied and merged previous topics that cover this information and more: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =40&t=8956