Can't load Suikoden 4 file...

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
NickXHunter

Can't load Suikoden 4 file...

Post by NickXHunter »

Ok I know...another guy asking this...but I just don't understand...I got all 108 SoD in Suikoden 4 and saved the game before the final boss and then started the Suikoden Tactics. I choose to load suikoden 4 file when the suiko tactics begin and all the files are NO SAVE DATA! But THERE IS a save data! I already have checked milions of times my memory card and saw the data there...I have checked if in my suikoden 4 there are all 108 SoD and everything is correct...The only things I could possibly think is that my suikoden 4 game data isn't a NEW GAME + and maybe there is some conflict of versions...I dk...but my two suikodens are american version...could someone please help me? thanks O_O''
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Is you copy of suikoden 4 from a different region than tactics. NTSC or PAL I mean?
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
NickXHunter

Post by NickXHunter »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:Is you copy of suikoden 4 from a different region than tactics. NTSC or PAL I mean?
Well I think both are NTSC. There is some way to check this?
And another information is that I bought the both suikodens from the same website...
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

PAL should be written on the spine of the case if its PAL. But then again if both actually work on your computer and you use a US PS2 then I dont think thats it. Maybe its a problem with your memory card, try coopying the data to another card then loading it up.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
NickXHunter

Post by NickXHunter »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:PAL should be written on the spine of the case if its PAL. But then again if both actually work on your computer and you use a US PS2 then I dont think thats it. Maybe its a problem with your memory card, try coopying the data to another card then loading it up.
Oh man this is a problem...I dont have another memory card and he is working wonderfully good...I dk what to do anymore...I am really disapointed cause i spent days working on my suikoden 4 getting all characters just to play my Tactics with Lazlo and Snowe...oh man...any other idea of the problem? I checked in the case and both are NTSC...
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I really dont know. I feel for you man for ages I tried to get all 108 stars on suiko 1 and I did it in the wrong way (by the time I had them all it was past gremio revival) So I was dead dissapointed when nothing happened. Try to PM a board mod or admin. If anyone will know it will be them
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the only thing i would suggest is to triple check you're loading the correct save file and that you definitely have all 108 characters with the Punishment Rune's 4th spell unlocked.
NickXHunter

Post by NickXHunter »

I checked again and I have the 108 SoD and the 4th skill of rune of punishment is opened...so I really dk what to do anymore...thx for the help guys and Zegai I think I will try PM an Admin. as you said...thx again for the help. If you guys discover something please tell me.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

perhaps make a new save and try that. yeah it's not easy to tell since you have to go through much of the game. or if you have a way of downloading memory card save files to your memory cards, we can probably send you a "good" file.
NickXHunter

Post by NickXHunter »

KFCrispy wrote:perhaps make a new save and try that. yeah it's not easy to tell since you have to go through much of the game. or if you have a way of downloading memory card save files to your memory cards, we can probably send you a "good" file.
There is a way to download a memory card save file to my memory card...? :shock:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i use codebreaker which lets me copy memory card stuff to any USB device (that the PS2 can read). i didn't realize this until just a few months ago!! i used to delete all these saves to manage space and have a total of 3 cards. now i just use 1......... -_-

there is a device that connects memory cards to a PC.. i think Xploder?
NickXHunter

Post by NickXHunter »

KFCrispy wrote:well i use codebreaker which lets me copy memory card stuff to any USB device (that the PS2 can read). i didn't realize this until just a few months ago!! i used to delete all these saves to manage space and have a total of 3 cards. now i just use 1......... -_-

there is a device that connects memory cards to a PC.. i think Xploder?
Waw this was a great information...I just don't know how to get one of these...but is good to know that there is a way to leave your things of the memory card at computer...could you please tell me the name of this device for sure so I can try look for it!? thx a lot...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/saves/ Kornholio used Datel X-Port to port his saves for Suikoden III

you can also get Codebreaker, make sure it's a high version.. i think i have v8.0 which works, and 7 might work, but anything lower probably doesn't do it. codebreaker.com
NickXHunter

Post by NickXHunter »

KFCrispy wrote:http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/saves/ Kornholio used Datel X-Port to port his saves for Suikoden III

you can also get Codebreaker, make sure it's a high version.. i think i have v8.0 which works, and 7 might work, but anything lower probably doesn't do it. codebreaker.com
Hmm..I dont really know what a codebreaker is...so I think I will try the device or get some information about codebreaker! Thx a lot for the help if I need something I will talk to you! For now if it is possible i just want to know what is a codebreaker and what this can do...thx :D
Sheba

Post by Sheba »

Before you buy something, I might maybe help you...(even though I have the PAL version...I hope it's the same.)

I had the same problem with my Suikoden IV. All characters, saved before final boss...nothing.

So I used my other memory card which contains my NG+ data and all worked well. I'm not saying you need NG+ because you don't (I hope).

Later I compared what was different in NG+ from my first game and I found out that I had all 108 stars but had not activated the story event that took me to El-Eal. I was just walking around somewhere in the Obel ruins and saved there.

So this might be the solution for you. Otherwise I really don't know if both versions are NTSC (because PAL and NTSC never work together. I learned that when I imported SuiIII)