Are there any random battles?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
RhymeBomb

Are there any random battles?

Post by RhymeBomb »

As in...battles in the game that aren't part of the plot or guild quests?

I need to know before I start investing skill points that may potentially be wasted if I can't gain them back from random battles.

Please, please say there are...I probably won't play the game if there aren't. I can't stand playing an SRPG or RPG where it is very possible for me to **** my game up by trying to experience as much as I can...basically I hate being punished for wanting to try different characters and setups.

Anyway, rant off. Sorry >_>
RhymeBomb

Post by RhymeBomb »

Oh, another question.

will guild quests ever expire? like, will some disappear if i advance the storyline without doing them? i only have rita right now and i don't want to use her for all four beginning missions.
Iris

Post by Iris »

A) They're are no random battles, but you eventually get to a point in the game where you can hunt monsters in certain locations, which give expirience and potch. So, no worries.

B) No, they don't. If you don't do them, they just sit there, waiting to be done.
RhymeBomb

Post by RhymeBomb »

Both great news, thanks :D

When you say you can hunt monsters for potch and experience...can you do that indefinitely? And do you get skill points for the battles?
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yes to both. Once you can start hunting monsters, it's available at any time. Not every place, though. For example, you can't go hunting for monsters in Middleport's Underground Passage, but you can in the Ruins of Collanbal, Terrana Plains, et cetera.
RhymeBomb

Post by RhymeBomb »

:D:D:D

Thanks again.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

You can only go hunting in outside places, to be specific. No 'dungeons'.

You can also fight in the Obel Ruins whenever you want. That's different, and much harder than hunting monsters, though.