Typical Time for Leveling Up?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
mpieco

Typical Time for Leveling Up?

Post by mpieco »

Hey everyone, just got this game, and I'm loving it so far. Uploaded S4, and have Snowe and Lazlo now.

But, I'm sorta having some trouble. Well, not trouble, but I'm getting frustrated. It seems I'm pretty underleveled for where I am right now (about to go into the factory--the battle where Corselia joins me, but is only known as "Girl") and my highest levels are around 14-15. Is this ok?

It seems I'm underleveled a bit. I plan on hunting monsters, and doing obel ruins a bit more than I have been, but I was just wondering what is a typical time to devote to training? Should I hunt monsters for 30 minutes? an hour? 2 hours? I know it's relative to the person, so this question is kinda stupid. I just wish leveling up was a bit easier than it is. Oh well. Thanks for listening to my rambling.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm not going to tell you how long you should train, but the fastest way to train is to take a group into Obel and keep them in the party as much as possible. don't waste turns--if you need to move and there's nothing to do, throw down some elemental tiles. your lower level characters can catch up quickly by putting them in a high level party in Obel.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

yeah, that's how I got snowe from 1 to like 6 in one visit. but throwing down terrain stuff doesn't work as well once you hit levels 7-8, plus, it takes up a lot of money.

i guess I just need to keep hunting monsters and doing the ruins. the switching helps now and stuff. I just need to spread the love around, and stop killing everything with kyril, kika, and lazlo i suppose, haha. well, they do a majority of the work, that is.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh yes, Champion Rune will boost the levels of the enemies. the normal "hunting" areas with enemies have a max level cap. experience gain is relative to the level of the enemies, not "7-8" or whatever. you can be level 20 and get a good amount from using items if you're fighting lvl 50 enemies.. but of course it's much more efficient to kill enemies if they can.